Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom Live services for Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

Living in midleton and travel into cork city for work. Works in both places not very accurate at the moment but hopefully will improve.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am not getting any traffic in Cork.
    Map Europe 860.3104.
    I ll get TTI to take a look.

There was traffic showing this morning on the M8 onto the dunkettle roundabout and on Hanover quay in the city. There was other hd traffic showing up but didn't pay much attention to it as wasn't on my route. It also regularly shows traffic on the whitegate rd, r???, as the traffic slows onto the roundabout on the N25 at midleton. So definitely working. I still have the older maps v850 however.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Colm , currently I have live services outside Dublin also .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks Sharkman. TTI saying the same.
    Looking at 1005 at the moment. Ill check with 1000 later.
    Ill also confirm re roaming later also.

• Advertisement

To clarify live traffic is now available around Ireland.
    Issues sorted after a full reset of my device GO 1005.
    Probably related to this device previously pointing at a test server.

Also to clarify Live services are available for all countries for the map you buy the subscription for. Providing ,ofcourse,live services are available in those countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

koolkid wrote: »
    Also to clarify Live services are available for all countries for the map you buy the subscription for. Providing ,ofcourse,live services are available in those countries.

Sounds like I may bite the bullet and buy a 1005 Europe

A good choice. Its my favourite to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hmm, very tempted to get the 1005 EU now :D

Anyone know would you pick one of those up in a shop here easily enough or would they be more likely to stock the smaller 1000 version or the Irish only version?

• Advertisement

The GO1000 is the more popular , but you should be able to get it.

Argos have the 1005 Europe for €335 I think and halfords have the 1000 Europe for €279. Wasn't willing myself to pay the extra for .7 of an inch. Like the go1000 so far however the mapping doesn't appear to be as good as the garmin that I replaced.

any issues with maps,please post them up. Ill chase them up.

I've only had the unit about 4 days so here is the worst example that i have come across in my local area in midleton. The first link is to google maps, which uses teleatlas/tomtom maps:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=midleton&sll=37.020098,-95.712891&sspn=71.525044,168.398438&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Midleton,+County+Cork,+Ireland&ll=51.919623,-8.174198&spn=0.003497,0.010278&z=18

The second link is for mapquest who use navteq/garmin maps:
    http://mapq.st/gcYA4M

I hope you can see the maps ok, but basically as you might be able to see in the navteq map Showfield should and is connected to Showpark and also the entire area to the east of Showfield/Showpark is inaccurate. The relatively new Northern Ring Road in Midleton is also missing from Tomtom maps and is included in Garmin's maps, however this may be included in v860 which I can't download. You can see the end of the Northern Ring Road on the mapquest map at the top left hand corner where it says "Avoncore Cottages".

Its still the same in v860
    millroaddv.png

Report sent.

Thanks for sending the report. Does TomTom regularly update their maps cause Garmin always seemed to have new roads and updates etc on their maps within a year.

Tom tom maps are released every 3 months.

Well I went for the 1005 so I'm about to take it out on a test drive :D

One thing though, anyone know how the "Voice command and control" feature works? Cant figgure it out and dont see anything obvious in the menu.

JohnK wrote: »
    One thing though, anyone know how the "Voice command and control" feature works? Cant figgure it out and dont see anything obvious in the menu.

Goto settings > Make your own menu & check voice command & control.
    Go back to main screen & select Help.
    Select Product Manuals > What can I say
    This will give you a list of all voice commands.

Thanks koolkid will give that a try :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well, swapped my doggy go live 1000 for go live 950 ... and live services doesn't working (tt says something like problem with sim card)...wtf is going on ???? is two different live services here or what.... sticker on the box says live services 1 year free so whats the problem with it ? I want my live services now... false advertising??? omg pissed off now ..big time ..thinking about bringing TT to court :mad:

As I said already live services will not work here on GO950.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70211803&postcount=6
    The person in the shop who sold it to you should know that.
    Take it back and ask for it to be replaced.
    This unit was marketed long before live services were available in Ireland.
    It was aimed at people who travel a lot.

...well, went to argos today to replace doggy go 1000 but none in stock, so nice lady told me about sending it to repair centre ...everything ok but it takes two weeks (can't afford two days waiting time - need satnav for work) so asked for go 950 live as I saw on tomtom website here http://www.tomtom.com/services/?Lid=25 go 950 supports live in here ( localization Ireland ) so looks like tomtoms false advertising , right?
    btw, can you tell me whats the difference between live on go 1000 and go 950, cheers
    kris

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

...well, went to argos today to replace doggy go 1000 but none in stock, so nice lady told me about sending it to repair centre ...everything ok but it takes two weeks (can't afford two days waiting time - need satnav for work) so asked for go 950 live as I saw on tomtom website here http://www.tomtom.com/services/?Lid=25 go 950 supports live in here ( localization Ireland ) so looks like tomtoms false advertising , right?
    btw, can you tell me whats the difference between live on go 1000 and go 950, cheers
    kris

Sorry , but I cant see where it says it supports live services !

did you see big 1 YEAR free live services ... just click on it :)

Maybe I am missing something here, if I am please tell me.
    But going through the website from your link I cant see where it says GO950 is compatible for live services in Ireland.

try this: change localisation to Ireland then click 1yr free live services > showing go 950 which means its supports live sevices in Ireland (doesn't it or dos? for me look like dos) then on 299e to buy with live services as it says at start ... well, simplies :)

The localisation changes currency /language etc.
    I don't think its meant to declare compatibility.
    Likewise when you change localisation you are still offered TMC receivers , that service is not available on TomTom devices here.

are you serious :) so can't have tmc on my 950 neighter ... its working on garmin bricks :)

omg thats mean spent well over 200quid for something which is useless :)

• Advertisement

Correct.
    There was some confusion recently with some TT cust support rep saying it worked. I got that clarified from TT
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056119054&page=3

Advertisement