Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom Live services for Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Simply bring it back to Argos , ask them if any of their other stores have the Go Live 1000 and collect it from them , or you could check stock levels yourself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not 100%, but AFAIK Argos will exchange good in any store not only where the items were bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

checked stock in all argos shops in Dublin :) out of stock so got 950 live (or dead rather than live) well, at least my bt remote works with it :)
    btw will my 'live services' work up the north or not

update:
    went to argos today screeming :) about false advertising so they finally will swap back go 950 live for go live 1000 without extra money but no available stock in Dublin for now and all deliveries to thier main warehouse from TomTom postponed (middle of February : probably due to loads of faulty units :) ) so have to wait around 3 weeks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

checked stock in all argos shops in Dublin :) out of stock so got 950 live (or dead rather than live) well, at least my bt remote works with it :)
    btw will my 'live services' work up the north or not
    It should do on a live account. Mine does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Is there any sort of scenic route option for the GO 1005 that would prioritise coastal roads etc? I'm planning a trip down through France but it would be a bit of a waste to just see the highways.

There is not I'm afraid.
    This was discussed before, but nothing ever materalized.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thats a pity, would have been a very handy feature.

I agree, But I would imagine there could be a lot of contradictions on whats scenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭davidhick77

have a tomtom via 120 and a nokia 6303i, bought safety camera subscription and everything seemed to work fine at first using bluetooth connection between the devices
    now safety camera zone warnings are not appearing on device anymore even though the speed camera menu is accessible and alerts enabled. is there a compatability problem between the devices in relation to the speed cameras.......plus there is no dial tone when trying to ring someone which is also a pain....any help people
    thanks

• Advertisement

Have you connected your device to your PC via My TomTom?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you connected your device to your PC via My TomTom?
    yeah says everything up to date

It seems you have a connection issue between your device and your phone. Have you tried deleting & repairinf the devices.
    Also if you goto Services> Speed Cameras >Alert Settings is there a speaker icon beside
    Fixed Cameras
    Mobile Cameras
    Traffic Light Camera
    Average Speed Check
    BiDirectional Cameras?

It seems you have a connection issue between your device and your phone. Have you tried deleting & repairinf the devices.
    Also if you goto Services> Speed Cameras >Alert Settings is there a speaker icon beside
    Fixed Cameras
    Mobile Cameras
    Traffic Light Camera
    Average Speed Check
    BiDirectional Cameras?
    yes speaker icon present...
    have tried deleting and repairing, but ill give it another go tomor....... any suggestion how to fix 'no ringtone' problem.....thanks again

Are you getting other audio from the device?
    Voice Guidence & other alerts ok?
    Try a soft reset first.
    With the device powered on press and hold the power button untill the device restarts with the TomTom Drums.
    If that doesnt work you could try a factory default
    Settings > Arrow right to last page > Reset Factory Settings.

Are you getting other audio from the device?
    Voice Guidence & other alerts ok?
    Try a soft reset first.
    With the device powered on press and hold the power button untill the device restarts with the TomTom Drums.
    If that doesnt work you could try a factory default
    Settings > Arrow right to last page > Reset Factory Settings.

was considering resetting it, but will i still have my safety cam subscription or will i have to fork out another €30

Should be fine. Did you purchase cams through My TomTom?

Should be fine. Did you purchase cams through My TomTom?
    yeah

It should be fine. Make sure after defaulting you log into my TomTom with the same email as before.

looks like live services are down

• Advertisement

looks like live services are down

20:11 OK here in Dublin .
    Can you let me know if you still have any issues with it.

they are back now, :)
    btw got my new go1000live on Friday (replaced go950live for it:) ) but still can't update it mean my device's app ver is 10.022 (3012) and myTT says 'device is up to date' , KK any idea whats wrong

Latest build (1027) went onto production servers yesterday.
    It may take time to propagate to all devices.
    Try close & restart My TomTom
    Goto settings cache. click empty the cache & save settings
    Before connecting your device press & hold power button untill it restarts with the drums.
    Connect to PC & see if that works.
    When Web Page opens , ensure you are logged in & also try refreshing the page.

still the same, mate :( quite strange, opened new TT account for it but somehow can't link it with my account ...

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Bought a 1000 model there and on the same firmware as stuff.hunter tried everything to get it to kick in but no joy.

My device reboots randomly done it 3 times so far so hopefully a firmware fix will sort that.

What version are the latest maps? Mine are on v850.2827

Are these old too? Sorry for questions but I presume once they have sorted their software out we will get the map updates free as we have missed out?

Have you tried the 20 second reset described above.
    Latest maps are v865 due later this month.

Tried the 20 second reboot nothing. I'll try another pc tonight

still no joy with update .. mine maps are v850.2827 too ...
    btw I've got my device with only one cable in the box : for car charger and computer connection ..thats some kind of sick joke ...

Does kool have any clue when updates will be released ? The product was released last November and still basic functionality of adding and updating maps isnt there. I may take this back to Currys soon, this may sound like a knee jerk but I dont want to be left with a half baked sat nav

• Advertisement

well, updates are already released... but somehow we can't get any :) second feckin unit and tha same c**p :(

Advertisement