Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom Live services for Ireland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Where did you buy it from stuff?

I hope Currys will accept a return, this page http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12566/?locale=en_GB
    has been live since last October.

Latest map guarantee and map share technology are not available despite them advertising it is.

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/car-navigation/go-live-1000-regional/index.jsp#tab:maps

Bit annoyed spent 280 quid on thisv and reading around it seems to be the same chatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

I've got mine in argos : product excluded from 30-days money back guarantee...so can't get money back :( thinking about some kind of 'official' complains addressed to TomTom :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

well, updates are already released... but somehow we can't get any :) second feckin unit and tha same c**p :(
    I am awaiting a reply as to why some devices are not yet been offered the updates
    Rafloution wrote: »

Latest map guarantee and map share technology are not available despite them advertising it is.
    I have been assured that the latest map guarantee will be extended on all these devices to cover a map when available.
    I've got mine in argos : product excluded from 30-days money back guarantee...so can't get money back :( thinking about some kind of 'official' complains addressed to TomTom :)
    As soon I hear anything on the updates I'll let you know.
    Does kool have any clue when updates will be released ? The product was released last November and still basic functionality of adding and updating maps isnt there. I may take this back to Currys soon, this may sound like a knee jerk but I dont want to be left with a half baked sat nav
    As I said Latest Map Guarantee will be honered.
    I am chasing this up on a number of sources both here & in Amsterdam.
    As soon as I know more I'll pass it on.

Just to clarify v865 maps have not been released yet.
    This is not a delay they are only due this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Thanks Kool your response is appreciated. Can I ask do you think that the function of adding maps will be available any time soon?

@ KK :thanks, mate ... hope update will come soon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks Kool your response is appreciated. Can I ask do you think that the function of adding maps will be available any time soon?
    I would say it will have to be before the release of v865.
    Those maps are due this month.

What I'm hearing from others at TT is it is offered to devices individually.
    Whether this is to reduce stress on the servers I dont know.
    So try again in a day or 2.
    If I hear more I post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭davidhick77

rang tomtom, they said reason why im not receiving safety cam warnings is because of a problem at their end---can anyone confirm this...plus they said it should have been fixed a day or 2 ago but i presume it hasnt been

Have you connected to My Tom Tom since.?
    Hadn't noticed any thing since 1027 update.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you connected to My Tom Tom since.?
    Hadn't noticed any thing since 1027 update.
    not for 2 days---my tom tom says im up to date----more is explained in a forum i read http://www.yourtomtom.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14906&mode=linearplus

• Advertisement

A good source there. AndyP is also a tester for TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cer

Hi All,
    I dropped my sat nav yesterday and it ain't working anymore. I am thinking of getting the Go 1000 Live but am a little afraid having read the last few pages.

Would love to hear whether anyone thinks its worth shelling out for?

Thanks!

just got my update :) cool ...now waitin for map update :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Got the 1000 today, has their being a map update by tomtom this month yet?

Updates are every 3 months. May was the last update v870.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

With the live 1000 relating to hd traffic alerts, do u need to have a route planned or will it show traffic delays if you just have the map on screen, and show any delays to which the road you are driving on?

You can view traffic on the map but it can't show what's ahead on the traffic bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Het KoolKid, just wondering is there a way to tuen off the beeps when going through a speed restriction zone, its a bit annoying when it beeps every few seconds in a speed zone.

Idealy i would like it to beep entering a speed zone and leaving one again and just show the icon when you are in the zone with no beeps.

I don't think that's possible.

anyone know what the update for the 120 included today?

• Advertisement

If it just updates automatically without listing items to select its usually just GPS Quickfix, IQ routes , mapshare etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Hey folks,

My sat nav packed up few weeks ago and thinkin of buying this........

"TomTom VIA120 4.3" Euro Speed Zones Bluetooth IQ Routes
    12 hrs 56 mins57 secs left
    Get today's deal before it's gone
    Price: €129.99
    Save: €50.00 (30%)"
    www.gruupy.com

Does anyone have this model and if so would you recommend it? Also theres no info on the site about subscriptions etc. Is it the same €50 a year as the other models?

Many thanks in advance

Advertisement