Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Dinner in Ennis

• 27-10-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Has anyone ever eaten out on Christmas day in any of the hotels/restaurants in town?
    Was seriously considering this for this year as to avoid family politics!

Or a more general question, how do you keep your extended family happy, who goes where for their dinner?

Thanks,
    Greenacres.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Greenacres wrote: »
    Has anyone ever eaten out on Christmas day in any of the hotels/restaurants in town?
    Was seriously considering this for this year as to avoid family politics!

Or a more general question, how do you keep your extended family happy, who goes where for their dinner?

Thanks,
    Greenacres.

Enzo's is good:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Enzo's is good:cool:

Haha, a nice classy Christmas dinner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the West County used to do a Christmas dinner, never been.

In regards to your other question, we alternate going to her parents and my parents from year to year, go to whichever we aren't eating with after mass to give gifts and then go onto the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ITOne

I saw Christmas day dinner advertised on Woodstock's christmas party poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Old Ground Xmas some years ago & it was lovely (no wash up!). Only prob is you feel a bit guilty being the cause of people working who no doubt would prefer to be with their families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Callan57 wrote: »
    Old Ground Xmas some years ago & it was lovely (no wash up!). Only prob is you feel a bit guilty being the cause of people working who no doubt would prefer to be with their families.

Don't feel too bad - many of them don't spend Christmas with their families. In fact, a couple years ago I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with a few of the lads from Old Ground (I used to live with a few) .

We went on a piss-up after they finished serving dinner sure.

I'm sure there may be a few werkin that might feel differently, but sure, they pay well on hols sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Thanks guys.

Might give the OG and Woodstock a call.

I know I wouldn't mind working for a couple of hours on Christmas day. It can be such a long intense day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

The Auburn used to do Christmas day dinner not sure if they still do but it was GREAT crack
    4 times the pay for 5 hours work plus endless supplies of christmas pud and plenty of wine when the diners were gone home, peace & quiet away from grumpy family and no willy wonka! happy days :D

Advertisement