Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass

Options
  • 27-10-2010 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Is anyone interested in learning how to make stained glass? And is this the right spot on Boards to ask this? I'm just organising a couple of courses, one where I teach Stained Glass the other, is a course in fused glass.
    Feedback please before I step over the accepted limit on my first message!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Welcome to boards and yes you are in the right place to be asking questions like those! It sounds really interesting and if I had any spare time I'd be really interested in a course like that, unfortunatley I have no life at the moment!

If you do have an event planned or a specific course ready to roll out - be sure to post it in the sticky at the top of this forum for events/courses. Just have a quick read of the charter and make sure not to post any personal contact details etc.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Glass from scratch or assembling coloured pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Give the National College of Art and Design a call :) I know they do Stained Glass :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BORBOLETTA

Hi Glasser,

I would be very interested in your glass courses, sounds great.

If you've any more information about it, where, when etc. please PM me.

Cheers!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kildarecraftz

Hi

I would also be interested in stained glass course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Glasser

That's great that you're interested. Sorry about time delay getting back to you. For some reason I was expecting my email to tell me when I have messages.
    I'm running two courses this November. One is this weekend, actually it's Friday/Sat/Sun and i teach stained glass panel making. All the skills you need to make stained glass ie. cutting coloured glass, leading or copper foiling it, soldering etc. So that's on the 12/13/14 Nov. You will make 3 or 4 panels and it costs € 320, which includes all materials.

The following weekend, the 20 and 21st is a fusing weekend. It's better if you have done the stained glass course first, then you know how to cut glass, but it's not essential. In this course I teach how to fuse bits of glass together in the kiln to make a complete piece, and I also talk about making 3 dimensional pieces. This costs €220 and includes all materials.

You could check my website for further information.
    It's www.blueglasshouse.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BORBOLETTA

Hi there,

Thanks for the information & the website link.

I'm the other side of the country unfortunately so definitely couldn't make it this time.

Who knows, I might fancy a little break in the west next year!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Havelock12

Hi,

I'm interested in learning how to make stained glass, but I'm also over the over side of the country. Does anyone know anyone in or around Dublin that may run a course?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

fenris wrote: »
    Glass from scratchQUOTE]

Anything on this ... i mean like blowing, smolting ( if right term for glass) etc ... making glass??

I teach fusing, which is what you probably mean by smelting....melting bits of glass together in the kiln.
    I don't do blowing.
    I have a fusing course in May 13/14th if you're interested.
    My website is blueglasshouse.com if you want to have a look. Linda

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I think, I met you a few years back you had superb glass earings on, anyway, the work on your site is beautiful and so unique.

I would love to have a go at the glass art, but unfortunately am broke at the moment, but who knows in the future...

I am sure you will get lots of folk interested from here, a great excuse to head to Westport for a few days.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sara001

Glasser wrote: »
    Is anyone interested in learning how to make stained glass? And is this the right spot on Boards to ask this? I'm just organising a couple of courses, one where I teach Stained Glass the other, is a course in fused glass.
    Feedback please before I step over the accepted limit on my first message!:confused:

yes you are on right spot and I want to learn all those what you teach

That's great!
    There's one space for this coming weekend Fri/Sat/Sun...interested? L

Advertisement