Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get large 'full trunk' logs?

Options
  • 27-10-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy

This doesn't seem to be the ideal forum to post in but I posted in the gardening forums with no joy...so on the offchance...

I need to find just 2 large logs. They need to be the full diameter of the trunk (not sure what they are called), approx a foot and half in diameter and a foot deep. They need to be dry as possible.

Any suggestions on where I could get them?

I'm in Terenure in Dublin, willing to travel.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

if you gave your approx. location it would be a help,

I have some ash logs similar to your requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Sorry Snowman - yes that might be an idea...

I'm in Terenure in Dublin but willing travel if you're reasonably close IE Dublin preferably but open to suggestions

I'm over 240 kms from you

come on boardsies there must be somebody here able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Ring Coillte in Newtownmountkennedy, im sure a forester there has a few logs that might suit you.

Eh, where are you? Even the county will help....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

snowman707 wrote: »
    I'm over 240 kms from you

come on boardsies there must be somebody here able to help

Phoenix Park;):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Loads of tree surgeons in the Dublin area. They'll have no problem getting you what you want in softwood or hardwood - most usually chop their wood up for firewood anyway. Give a few a call.

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Ring Coillte in Newtownmountkennedy, im sure a forester there has a few logs that might suit you.

Eh, where are you? Even the county will help....
    Sorry Snowman - yes that might be an idea...

I'm in Terenure in Dublin but willing travel if you're reasonably close IE Dublin preferably but open to suggestions

Op Is in Dublin

Advertisement