Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky+box

• 27-10-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question. Its probably been asked before so sorry. I have the old sky box and was thinking of getting a sky+ box from adverts. When I put my card in the sky+box willl it work or do I have to contact sky. Sky in my experience are not that helpful so I'm hoping I don't have to. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

you need a sub to use the recording and pause functions.
    if you are already paying sky, all you need to do is ring them with your card and they will activate it.

to use the record one channel and watch another,
    you need a quad lnb and another cable running to your +box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

you will also need a second feed coming from the dish as sky+ uses two feeds...

If you call Sky they will give you sky+ box for free and €30 for setup...i just did i t last week...zero hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

thanx for replies. Will give em a bell tömorow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You'd probably be better off asking Sky about an upgrade - assuming you have a sub and intend to keep the service for another year. You'll get a HD box for €60 I think - brand new of course.

Just rang them. They wanted 99 for the box and 60 for call out fee. Just wondering Nercy did you call the uk sky or ireland.
    And if I bought the sky+box my self would I need another dish or would the old one do. Its about 4 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The €99+€60 install is for existing customers wanting an upgrade without HD sub-€30 if you take HD at an extra €15 per month.If you pick up a box from Adverts remember you need a quad lnb,your original dish is fine,you need to contact sky to pair the card with the new box and away you go.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You could always try the old threaten-to-cancel trick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

byte wrote: »
    You could always try the old threaten-to-cancel trick...

that's what I done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

How did you get on when threaten-to-cancel. I have a standard sky box too and would like sky+. Was thinking of buying a second hand sky+ box, some cable and A lnb. Do i have to contact sky in order to use the record function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

How did you get on when threaten-to-cancel. I have a standard sky box too and would like sky+. Was thinking of buying a second hand sky+ box, some cable and A lnb. Do i have to contact sky in order to use the record function.

Waste of money / effort. Keep trying, many have got the upgrade for €60 all in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Was hoping nobody would say that.

I rang up and they offered me the sky+ plus hd for 30 and then 15 every month ~ i think plus the basic package i have so that would be 50 odd euro a month. My neighbour rang the uk and got sky+ and the sky movies for 50euro a month. So im gonna wait a month and call sky uk.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I rang up and they offered me the sky+ plus hd for 30 and then 15 every month ~ i think plus the basic package i have so that would be 50 odd euro a month. My neighbour rang the uk and got sky+ and the sky movies for 50euro a month. So im gonna wait a month and call sky uk.
    Just remember that if you leave it til December, there's a chance it will not be installed until January.

thanx for that byte. To be hönest im in 2 minds. Im thinking about getting freesat. Im not sure. With the budget coming up the wife does'nt want extra bills.

Advertisement