Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kuppersbusch Cooker

Options
  • 27-10-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

2 1/2 years old and the agents wont fix it because it is out of warranty. What can i do has anyone else had the same disgraceful behaviour vested upon them. I am willing to pay i forgot to add. Many Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Was it purchased from an independent shop or a chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

greetings wrote: »
    Was it purchased from an independent shop or a chain?

Yes from a main retailer in the Fitted Kitchen's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Talk with the store, when they say no send it in writing asking for a fix with a deadline (2 weeks from the date you sent it; specify said date in the letter) and submit the SCC claim if you have not been contacted by that date.

The only one you should bother to talk to is the store; they are your counterpart in the contract here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

Hootanany wrote: »
    Yes from a main retailer in the Fitted Kitchen's

can you clarify if the company you bought it off supplied it with your fitted kitchen ? is there main business fitted kitchens and they just supplied appliance?

a retailer must ensure that there are parts and service available for any particular model sold for roughly six years after the model ceases to be in production /obsolete (most models now only have a production run of a year then model number changes )if out of warrenty you must bear the cost (fair enough) but the retailer has an obligation to arrange service or at least get you in touch with either the manufacturer or an independant service company capable of repairing appliance

if you bought off a kitchen fitter ,they most likely just bought somewhere else are are not recognised by the brand as being an agent .this is where the confusion happens when its an all in one deal

maybe you could clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

No i purchased of a Kitchen Supplier and fitted it myself the agents do not want to know about the appliance i think they want me to buy a new one :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement