Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to Ring

Options
  • 27-10-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here know if there are daily buses to Ring, specifically Mweelnahorna, from Dungarvan or even Waterford?? I may need to get there for a job but I dont drive atm. I have spent nearly half an hour searching Bus Eireann routes but none seem to go near Ring!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi,
    I looked into this a few months ago & I'm afraid that there's no bus service to Ring. The closest you'll get to with Bus Eireann is Dungarvan :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Dungarvan? Sure that's nearly twenty minutes drive away! Do Bus Eireann not have a public service remit for these areas?? What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Here's a link to the post I put up enquiring about bus services to Ring a few months ago: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055841630&highlight=ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

There was a limited bus service - not sure if it is still going, but it was only a couple of times a week, so no good for commuting to work.

Have a word with your new employyers; chances are there's someone travelling out from Dungarvan on a daily basis.
    Failing that, get a bike!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

token101 wrote: »
    Dungarvan? Sure that's nearly twenty minutes drive away! Do Bus Eireann not have a public service remit for these areas?? What a joke!

What would you be driving, a heard of cattle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You would walk it in half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

You would walk it in half an hour.

...if you're Jamie Costin, maybe. It's a good five miles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

noby wrote: »
    ...if you're Jamie Costin, maybe. It's a good five miles.

Maybe but it would not take you twenty minutes to drive there. You would be nearly in Youghal or a long way to Waterford if you were to drive at a reasonable speed for 20 minutes from Dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

The only thing you can do is either hitch a ride , get a taxi or hope somebody that you work with will give you a loft. Unfortunately there is no bus to ring. Getting a Taxi to ring would be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

Living in Maol A Choirne myself and this is also a major problem for me. there is no bus service to Ring at the moment and taxis cost a fortune. without a car you really only have two viable choices,cycle to Dungarvan/ or my personal choice Hitchhike to Dungarvan. it takes an average seven minutes to drive to Dungarvan and from personal experience i can say for definite that it is at least one hour to walk the distance:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement