Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best wireless broadband

• 27-10-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi, i currently have wireless mobile broadband with 3. works good on the pc and such but when i want to go doing online gaming at night it just keeps dropping out and is of no use to me. Has anyone else the same problems and solutions or is there a better provider i can use. It's for use in the Longford area. It has to be wireless as i don't want a landline. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Three, and all the other mobile providers, don't provide broadband. It's the exact same for everyone, no good for gaming, and it never will be. You need a real broadband provider. Digiweb Metro, UPC cable, all the DSL providers, etc. There are a few fixed wireless operators. Try to find out what's in your area.

If you want to game online, you may have to get a land line. Don't just discount it out of hand, as it may be your only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

It works 110% during the day regardless of how many round the neighbourhood are using theirs. So congestion is not a problem then, it's whatever happens at night that it just keeps dropping out. I could play online all day until i'm sick to the back teeth. Just night time being the problem. Strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

tiny timy wrote: »
    So congestion is not a problem then

A single 3G cell can cover 10s of square kilometers, so your neighbourhood is only a drop in the ocean. Contention is only one of many problems on a 3G network too.

Advertisement