Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryan turbidy on the daily show..

Options
  • 27-10-2010 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

see it if you can on rte player....lol it is the most uncomfortable telly i have ever seen..
    turbidy is mad lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why what happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

For Christs sake, offer more details in future. I don't have a clue what this thread is supposed to be about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭sonic85

maybe the OP is suggesting that tubridy is a knob? thats my feeling anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

sonic85 wrote: »
    maybe the OP is suggesting that tubridy is a knob? thats my feeling anyway

Well that's a given... to be fair to the poster, Tubridy WAS on The Daily Show today promoting his JFK book... and he was awkward...

See for yourself..

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1083555

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Weird, rambling, ill at ease: you'd find more charm in Michael Noonan's ball sack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

It's not The The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, it's the RTE daytime natter-fest :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Only in Ireland would he be on television, i have never seen someone so ackward on t.v.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I wish they chose a different name for that show. I thought that it was a thread about Jon Stewart ripping the piss out of Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

He'd win first prize in a face gurning competition after looking at that performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I wish they chose a different name for that show. I thought that it was a thread about Jon Stewart ripping the piss out of Tubridy.

Now that I'd watch.

Just look at him and then the other fella who is at ease. Tubbers meanwhile stares down at his cuffs, tapping the chair arm.

TubbersonTheAfternoonShowthingy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Woeful woeful programme. Talk about Tubridy being bad - the male Irish speaking presenter is a tv disaster. I'd be surprised if this show last a few months. Claire Byrne was best suited to reading out the news and that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

She is suited to reading the news on TV3 so I would never have to see her. She turned me away from Newstalk and I used to enjoy the breakfast show.

I like Daithí, but god he's awful on the autocue... You think they would do something to help him.. like teach him to read...

Considering Tubridy was on saying how Nixon lost the 1960 TV debate cos of how shifty he looked, it's a good job he's not running for FF (yet)...

shiftubridy.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Pictures really do tell a thousand words.

He looks like he's disgusted to be on daytime TV. The Daily Show isn't the best, but The Late Late Show isn't that great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Very suspicious how the interview on the Daily Show isn't working anymore on RTE Player!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Claire Byrne was best suited to reading out the news and that's all.

Claire was looking good there yesterday.
    I was hoping she would give DLB a bit of grief. He was awful mean to them when they were on his radio show.

Poly wrote: »
    He was awful mean to them when they were on his radio show.

Yeah I thought they were very generous, considering how sarcastic and cynical he was about their show.... First question Claire should have asked:

"Given that you get nearly 1 million annually from the taxpayer, do you think it is right that you should be taking paid time off this from this job to promote a private project?" and as a follow up "Did you learn this trick from Bertie Ahern?, cos you were a FFer in college, were you not?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

The disgraceful institution that is RTE was summed up in 5 mins of that show yesterday.

Just before the grandson of the former head of RTE [Todd Andrews] came on we had a piece about a young graduate who had to emigrate to Thailand because of the state of this country.

2 mins later out comes 500k a year Tubridy promotiong a book to make his limited talent even more money. This country is actually sick to the bone that we allow this rubbish. Tubridy only works in RTE because of nepotism, it was probably a condition of his forced pay cut that he gets free puiblicity to promote his book too.

He's had 4 FF politicians on this series of the LLS already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

golfball37 wrote: »
    The disgraceful institution that is RTE was summed up in 5 mins of that show yesterday.

Just before the grandson of the former head of RTE [Todd Andrews] came on we had a piece about a young graduate who had to emigrate to Thailand because of the state of this country.

2 mins later out comes 500k a year Tubridy promotiong a book to make his limited talent even more money. This country is actually sick to the bone that we allow this rubbish. Tubridy only works in RTE because of nepotism, it was probably a condition of his forced pay cut that he gets free puiblicity to promote his book too.

Don't forget to keep paying your licence folks.
    The televisual equivalent of the Catholic church forcing you by law to buy the Sacred Heart messenger.

• Advertisement

Why doesn't newstalk or TV3 take up the baton? It's an open goal for any intrepid reporter

Edit: any aspiring reporter that doesn't want to work in RTE that is.

I always thought it was demonstrative of the easy ride that Tubridy gives FF politicians on the LLS, when the parliamentary party proposed a boycott of The Frontline (where they are held to account) .... YET there was no mention of them pulling their troops from the LLS.. I think they know who their friends are in RTE..

Fianna Fáil boycott of RTÉ's 'Frontline' proposed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

sPGoM.jpg

What they will find on my door when they arrive here..

licensepayer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

Denerick wrote: »
    For Christs sake, offer more details in future. I don't have a clue what this thread is supposed to be about.

mmmm...if you can read ...then you can make out what the thread is about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

What they will find on my door when they arrive here..

licensepayer.jpg
    get the tshirt made...sell it on grafton street....the revoloution has started..

^^^ Brilliant Jon, you've out done yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

In fairness to Tubridy, (controversial, I know) if I was him, I'd be wondering what the hell I was doing on that show too. They bring him on about his book and ask him a question and then he is cut off mid answer and told he is rambling on and then for some reason they go to movie reviews and he is expected to sit their like a plank for no reason.

Plus everyone is quite casually dressed and Tubridy turns up in a suit again looking completely out of place. Who ever is producing that show has no clue what they are at. Tubridy may be awkward but that show is god awful. Unlike Daithi, at least Tubs can read an autocue.

jane wani wrote: »
    get the tshirt made...sell it on grafton street....the revoloution has started..

I've thought about those home t-shirt making things alright.. I can put the images together pretty quickly in Paint Shop Pro, but I'm not sure how they would transfer to material... I mean I was all set to go with my Pat Kenny Rocks t-shirt a few months ago,

patkennyrockssmall.jpg

But I lost confidence when Standards and Poors downgraded us to AA-, I started thinking about my Catholic upbringing and how I "would never amount to anything"... :(

OHHHH question... In light of Bertie getting tax exemption for his book *spits on the floor* ... Shane Ross admitting that he tried to get the exemption but was refused.... Has our hero got tax exemption for his book? y'know, on the grounds that he's probably related to the guy who makes the decision...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

In fairness to Tubridy, (controversial, I know) if I was him, I'd be wondering what the hell I was doing on that show too. They bring him on about his book and ask him a question and then he is cut off mid answer and told he is rambling on and then for some reason they go to movie reviews and he is expected to sit their like a plank for no reason.

Plus everyone is quite casually dressed and Tubridy turns up in a suit again looking completely out of place. Who ever is producing that show has no clue what they are at. Tubridy may be awkward but that show is god awful. Unlike Daithi, at least Tubs can read an autocue.

Agreed. He started the show being chirpy and polite, hell the 'rambling' dig was taken after he apologised for going on. As soon as she took the dig, he was expected to sit out of place during items that were completely irrelevant to him. It was as if either the producers wanted to milk him for all he was worth or somebody was deliberately enjoying Ryan being made to look out of place.

From there, he took over the show and showed up Claire and Daithi's inexperience. I love how he handled the movie reviewer and called him out for sitting on the fence...when the hosts themselves wouldn't do so. He essentially put them on his knee and spanked them on their own show, because he could. (Reminiscent of Gaybo doing the same thing to him last year)

I don't know the backstory here but there was clearly more than meets the eye going on. From a viewers standpoint, Ryan didn't come out of this looking badly...The Daily Show itself did.

Advertisement