Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryan turbidy on the daily show..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

They always do that with guests, i.e. have them sitting in on all the silly talk until the end. Then they give them a chance to harp on about whatever it is they are plugging. He would have been aware what he was letting himself in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

They always do that with guests, i.e. have them sitting in on all the silly talk until the end. Then they give them a chance to harp on about whatever it is they are plugging. He would have been aware what he was letting himself in for.

Taking your point at face value, which pretty much ignored my own point, that's assuming that Tubs has ever sat down and watched The Daily Show...which is far from a certainty.

Never mind the fact that if you're rude to guests (who are more experienced at your job than you are) then expect them to play ball in pieces they couldn't give a rats about (on live TV) you're leaving yourself opened to be intentionally derailed/undermined. Which they were. It's poor people skills at best, piss-poor presentation at worst.

That's aimed more at Claire than Daithi by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE answer me one question. First of all I cannot stand Tubridy.

But why the hell do people watch his show, or anything that he is on if you hate the bloke so much? Surely you have to realise you look like an idiot when you have analysed his performance on a daytime television show, or added viewing figures to his Late late show only to b*tch and moan about how he is so terrible???

Now I cannot stand him. Thats just my personal preference. I switch off and thats it. Watch something else.

Surely if enough of ye do the same, viewing figures will show the powers that be at RTE that the public will not watch him. Sure it might not get him the boot but at least it would see his ratings fall.

People just love the fact they can whinge and set up threads on a friday night and lambast him. More fools you for watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Plus everyone is quite casually dressed and Tubridy turns up in a suit again looking completely out of place.

Tubs always wears a suit. I'd say he wears a suit in the scratcher.

leggo wrote: »
    Taking your point at face value, which pretty much ignored my own point, that's assuming that Tubs has ever sat down and watched The Daily Show...which is far from a certainty.

I didn't ignore your point, I was just pointing out that Tubridy went through the same treatment that all guests went through, you seemed to be implying otherwise:
    he was expected to sit out of place during items that were completely irrelevant to him. It was as if either the producers wanted to milk him for all he was worth or somebody was deliberately enjoying Ryan being made to look out of place.
    And it's your opinion that he gave them a lesson in anything. I just saw him being awkward, out of place, and wishing he was anywhere else other than where he was. You'd think he would grit his teeth and get through his free promotion for the book. And I'd say the two of them are no worse than Tubs himself, I don't think he is a good presenter at all. Perhaps he can read the autocue better than Daithi can, that's it.

Hilarious as well how uncomfortable and prickly Tubs got when Harney/Cowen came into the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I was just pointing out that Tubridy went through the same treatment that all guests went through, you seemed to be implying otherwise:

I don't think so, there was a "backstory" - an interview on 2fm, where Tubridy wasn't exactly pleasant to Bryne and Daithi on the eve of their new show. This was an attempt at payback.

I meant the same treatment in terms of having him do what all the other guests do, if you think they were being ratty to him because of a previous interview, well I suppose if he wasn't pleasant to them then there was bound to be a bit of tension.

What happened in this interview, do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

They turned up to do the usual promo bit for there new show, and for whatever reason, Tubridy decided to just take the piss out of them instead. It was about as awkward as the TV interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

well...if you dont mind i might get a few of them printed up for xmas presents...im serious so if you do mind please tell me and i wont do it..
    good luck

Advertisement