Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Beers

• 27-10-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

A friend of mine usually drops up to my house for a few beers on a monday night and he recently suggested that rather than just going for the usual Heineken, we should try some different beers every week.

We've had some Brahma's (Brazil) and some James Boags (Tasmania) the last couple of weeks, both very nice.
    Any suggestions on what we could try in the next couple of weeks? I've been keeping my eye out for some Red Stripe but nobody seems to stock it.

All suggestions welcome.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

The world's your oyster!!!

Depending on where you are, there could be an offlicence nearby that has "world beers" - just go and pick up a few, and try em out. Many of the supermarkets have slightly expanded ranges too. Plenty of choice out there now!

How about Franziskaner weissbier for the next night? Lidl have it at a good price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

gmonov1 wrote: »
    All suggestions welcome.
    Duvel, Brooklyn Lager, Schneider-Weisse, London Pride, Chimay Blue: they should be easy enough to get hold of.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

been keeping my eye out for some Red Stripe but nobody seems to stock it.

Most pub toilets stock it. :p

Seriously though, get yourself to Lidl or Aldi and check out their nice German beers (not the really cheap ones).

Hoegaarden is one of my favourite foreign beers and is pretty readily available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Some nice introductory suggestions in BeerNuts post! All are excellent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've been keeping my eye out for some Red Stripe but nobody seems to stock it.
    DrinkStore has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Toña. It's a beer from Nicaragua. It's up there with one of the nicest beers i've tasted from Latin America. Something about it just hit the spot. Unfortunately i've never seen it here but i haven't looked that much to be honest.

Advertisement