Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Southeast Radio

• 27-10-2010 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

RED RED ALERT!
    Dave Redmond is returning to Southeast Radio from Monday 1st November.
    Tony Scott is moving 12-3, Alan ennis is moved to Drivetime and Jimmy Ryan shafted to Nightime 12-3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I havent listened to South East Radio since Tracey Lee left the Brekki show.Its not what it used to be.Getting rid of Clive was a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wheelybird

@ iladee, u havent mentioned Alan Corcoran or Lee Hynes.....i take it their shows are staying the same??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

iladee wrote: »
    RED RED ALERT!
    Tony Scott is moving 12-3, Alan ennis is moved to Drivetime and Jimmy Ryan shafted to Nightime 12-3.

I don't see "Nightime 12-3" as "shafting".....it's a great time of night to be on-air.

It's just a pity that more stations don't have that offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

RED RED ALERT!

I'm pretty sure you weren't suppose to reveal that til they did themselves on Monday lol.. I could be wrong here but I think the reason they haven't announced hey listeners Dave Redmond's coming back is cos they wanted to keep it secret just going RED ALERT Changes coming whatever... You know kinda makes it more exciting and all that! lol! :rolleyes:

i agree petals i dont think anyone is meant to know until the 1st november.....its a pitty they made a boo boo on the website, but luckily enough it was changed quickly. now i didnt see the mistake but other people were tellin me

• Advertisement

I saw new schedule online but I didn't think it was my place to announce it on forums. It was obviously a mistake and removed very quickly. Ruins the excitement when people know :):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 iladee

Oops should i not have mentioned the new line up for SER on forums....SORRY!!
    Anyways wats so exciting about the new line up, same old same old!

Oops should i not have mentioned the new line up for SER on forums....SORRY!!
    Anyways wats so exciting about the new line up, same old same old!

hahaha!

My point was if SER wanted people to know who was going to be on air they'd have left the schedule on their website or advertised hey listen from 1st of November Tony will be on at blah time, Dave will be on at blah time etc. They're not doing that they're being secretive, the ads the voice is disguised and they aren't revealing officially or don't seem to be until the time it happens and then yay celebrate everyone welcome back Dave I'd imagine! Hence the trying to build it up and make it exciting! It could be interesting you don't know what they'll do monday with the new line up or do you? Ya can be first to post that as well!!! But yay you anyway giving away the answer to the "red alert" <thumbs up>

Hi Petals, no more 'red alerts'!! Don't think i'll be tuning in for 7 bells to hear the delightfull Dave Redmond but will def b tuning in l8r for Jimmy Ryan (9-1am) as loved him on drivetime,pity he was moved but South East Radio think they know best......NOT!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

wheelybird wrote: »
    @ iladee, u havent mentioned Alan Corcoran or Lee Hynes.....i take it their shows are staying the same??:)

Corcoran's staying in situ, Lee comes off nights and reverts to swing jock/Morning Mix engineer with a regular 1-4 Sunday afternoon show.

• Advertisement

Hi Petals, no more 'red alerts'!! Don't think i'll be tuning in for 7 bells to hear the delightfull Dave Redmond but will def b tuning in l8r for Jimmy Ryan (9-1am) as loved him on drivetime,pity he was moved but South East Radio think they know best......NOT!!

Dang well that's a let down!
    Next listener figures will show whether they were right or not i believe!

what is it with radio stations latelly??? for example Nikki Hayes goes back to Spin 1038, Jim Jim goes back to FM104 and then Dave goes back to South East Radio??? why can't they just advertise for "New" DJ's

wheelybird wrote: »
    what is it with radio stations latelly??? for example Nikki Hayes goes back to Spin 1038, Jim Jim goes back to FM104 and then Dave goes back to South East Radio??? why can't they just advertise for "New" DJ's

Cos the "older" presenters are better?? I'd prefere to hear Nikki and Dave than someone new personally! Although it would be nice if the stations not just South East but any station gave people work experience cos everyone looks for three years work experience and you can't get three years work experience unless they give you work experience and most of them won't do that unless your in T.Y. and very lucky or have family working in the station... (rant over ;) )

Everyone I speak to say Dave is too laid back in the morning. Cum on Dave,:rolleyes: liven it up before everyone switches out.

I disagree. You don't want someone being loud and in your face first thing in the morning. I think Mr. Redmond's show is very good and a big improvement on what was on. He's a good presenter and I think he'll draw in more listeners! I think also in general across the whole day on South East there's been big improvement in the last week. Music is better, presenters are fine! Maybe it'll go down hill again when everyone settles into their new slots I don't know but on the first week of new schedule thumbs up to South East.

did it occur to you iladee that they might not be reading out every text that comes into the station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Everyone I speak to say Dave is too laid back in the morning. Cum on Dave,:rolleyes: liven it up before everyone switches out.

Totally disagree. Dave is sadly missed at the weekend on national radio by alot of shift workers up and down the country. I thought he'd be picked up by a Dublin Station mind you. But having said that he's a pro and best of luck to him.

Cant believe just heard Paul Kelly was left go from Southeast a few weeks ago. Whats goin on?

Cant believe just heard Paul Kelly was left go from Southeast a few weeks ago. Whats goin on?

They're attempting to improve the station or a recession?? That's just a guess though

How can Petals say so soon that Southeast Radios new schedule is working? Anyone I know,and I know a lot of ppl, say they dont tune into the afternoon show for a start cause its so bad and amateurish, they all tune into Tony Fenton?

• Advertisement

How can Petals say so soon that Southeast Radios new schedule is working? Anyone I know,and I know a lot of ppl, say they dont tune into the afternoon show for a start cause its so bad and amateurish, they all tune into Tony Fenton?

Maybe Petals can say that because oh lets see it's Petals' own opinion which I do believe I am perfectly entitled to have no? I mean personally I would rather watch paint dry than listen to Tony Fenton but then again that's just my opinion!

You would rather watch paint dry than listen to Tony Fenton? Yet you can listen to Southeast radio one of the bottom Three stations in the country well that says it all!:confused:

paul still works in southeast radio but he works behind the scenes, he's just not on air

You would rather watch paint dry than listen to Tony Fenton? Yet you can listen to Southeast radio one of the bottom Three stations in the country well that says it all!:confused:

Give me one good reason why if I want to listen to South East Radio I shouldn't?

Just wondering what everyone thinks now of Southeast radios new schedule? Must be running 6 months now. Dave Redmond leaving was a big blow. Stephen D is'nt sounding as good as he did back in the nineties. He sounded great on breakfast way back then when he had some great co-presenters on the show with him. Maybe thats whats missing?

Advertisement