Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband in Wicklow Town

• 27-10-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am an Irish Broadband customer in Wicklow Town and have been told my Breeze connection is to be discontinued and I will have to sign up for Imagine WiMax. Does anyone know what Imagine are like. I was happy with IBB.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You've been with Imagine for more than a year now, they bought Irish Broadband. Imagine WiMax isn't even broadband, it's more akin to 3G. Avoid it if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jumpin jack

Thank you jor el,
    I will certainly look around at the other providers in the area, I do not want a phone line though. Any idea which of the wireless providers are up to scratch?
    Thanks again, Jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Wonder when they'll bother to tell me... Did they give you a switch off date? There's wicklowbroadband who claim to have a comparable wireless service in the area but when I emailed them I got no response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 Alien65

Hi there,
    I am an Irish Broadband customer in Wicklow Town too.
    jumpin jack how do you know: "Breeze connection will be discontinued"
    I just wonder since when ?
    I thing so this info from somewhere is not true and I thing so this information is from people - agents WiMAX who walking in our area and looking for new customer for WiMAX. (bad practice getting new customers)
    My knowledge is: WiMAX is instead of RIPEWAVE (as well old part of Irish Broadband) very similar wireless device raised in the house window, actually is not working (switch of).
    I thing we do not need worry about "Breeze" (price is little high only)
    Breeze service is still like "hen that lays the golden eggs" for them :)
    Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I responded in another thread about this (but cant remember which one). I rang them to ask. They said that one high site in Wicklow died and wasn't fixable (whatever that means) but the one I am on is fine and they have no plans to stop the service. However there was speculation that it's the BreezeMax sites that they are discontinuing and the VL (whatever it is) gear will be left fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement