Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to park in city for few hours

Options
  • 27-10-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Need somewhere convenient to English Market. I pick up a bunch of items there once a week or two and have been parking at Merchants Quay which can take half the day getting in and out of.

Do not know cork city very well.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

There's multi-storey car park on Grand Parade, that would be much more convenient than Merchants' Quay. It's at the South Mall end of that street, after Oliver Plunkett St.

Think there's a parking place across the street from there too, just a lot rather than multi-storey but it might be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

dazzerb wrote: »
    Need somewhere convenient to English Market. I pick up a bunch of items there once a week or two and have been parking at Merchants Quay which can take half the day getting in and out of.

Do not know cork city very well.

Any recommendations?

This could be worth looking at:

http://www.localmarkets.ie/The-English-Market-c149/

No parking required as the produce is delivered to your door;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

This could be worth looking at:

http://www.localmarkets.ie/The-English-Market-c149/

No parking required as the produce is delivered to your door;)

looks good but unfortunately I am outside their delivery zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Might be worth seeing if they'd agree to meet you at the border of the delivery zone. Granted it wouldnt be as convenient but if you're saving the time it takes to go in yourself & the parking fee it might just be worth it.

On the other hand if you're not too far from the zone they might consider going the extra distance.

Advertisement