Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat Installers

• 27-10-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know a freesat installer around Letterkenny. I have been waiting since 4pm for a guy to call today and still no sign of him so I want to get someone else to do it.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

These guys are in Raphoe so its only 10 minutes away. I have no idea how good, bad or indifferent they are but you can give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Hi,
    Do you have the box and dish? Its quite easy to do it your self. If you need any help I would pop up and line it up for you.

PM me if you need any advise.

Theblueirish

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

We had somebody call to our door last night about 10pm, needless to say we weren't too happy at the dog getting set off while we were watching a film. Himself didnt catch their name, but will keep an eye out round the estate for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

The guy told me he would be there between 4 and 6pm, I rushed out from town at 4 just in case he would be there, I rang at 6 to see if he was still coming as I had a few things to do that evening and my wife did not want to be there on her own with a strange man. He said he would be there around 7pm. At about 8.45 I had enough waiting and rang to tell him not to bother coming now because the kids were asleep and basically I just wanted to see what the story was, thinking he was delayed. I was shocked by his reply, he told me he was at home, he got held up on his last job and just went home afterwards, without even a phonecall to let me know. I have to say I am shocked by this, in this day and age that people are willing to treat their customers like that, the recession must not have hit the freesat industry, you can just fcuk your customers about whatever way you like. I would love to have told him where to go but my wife is just out of hospital and wants the tv set up in the bedroom and this guy is cheaper that the other guy I had a number for and unfortunately the recession has hit my house so I cant afford to pick and choose.
    I wouldent have minded at all if he had just rang to tell me and I could have gone and done the few things I had to do but if I hadent rang he wasent going to either.
    Cheers for the offer blueirish but he said e would be here at 10.30 this morning so I will go with that but if he isint here by 11.30 I am telling him to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

have been thinking about this freesat for a while now. let us know what you think after you get it done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

If you are going for freesat be careful which box you go for, stay away from the grundig ones as there have been problems updating channel lists with them.
    If you are not to bothered about the electronic program guide look for any type of sat box, it doesnt have to say freesat on it. you can get good boxes technomate for example for about €50 second hand, these have a great tuner and will bring in about 120 channels of free stuff.
    Even the ones that Lidl do will do the same thing with out the program guide.
    If you need any help give me a shout.

Theblueirish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

If you still need help the Satellite forum may be more useful.

One of the regular contributers to the forum, Byte is from Donegal & may be able to recommend a reputable installer in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I said I would give him till 11.30 to arrive so at 11.31 started to text him but by the time I was half way through it he arrived so I let him get on with it. He seemed a nice enough guy, just a laid back Donegal workman I suppose. He was the cheapest of any I rang and he got the job done quickly. It seems good enough, 293 channels, probably 285 of crap but the wife is happy anyway.

but the wife is happy anyway.
    You have added another few years to your life so :D

Glad to hear you got sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭doc_17

Sorry folks...might be the wring place to post but what extra channels do you get?

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    Sorry folks...might be the wring place to post but what extra channels do you get?
    The satellite forum is the best place to get the answer (link above) but some of them can be viewed here or here

Just remember you wont get the "home channels" on digital TV without a Sky sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Firblog

muffler wrote: »
    Just remember you wont get the "home channels" on digital TV without a Sky sub.

Abandoned sky a few months ago... used the sky box to get free channels 4 X bbc's, 4 X itv's etc... best thing about it was no doom an gloom news, no talk about recession in my house :D, went back to sky when they offered sky+ HD box for one year sub an €15, watched RTE news first day an recession depression hit straight away :(

Advertisement