Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal Of Honor

• 27-10-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

what a load of B**loc*s , the story mode is half arsed, just doesn't get the right feel, the rangers break off and run away just as a small unit exact same as the Tier 1 griup so basicly more of the same, but thats just minor compareds to the following, in story mode the game glitches non-stop your team AI constantly gets in the way blocks doors or funniest moment the rangers radio in out of ammo dont send reinforcments and I just request more ammo from team mate no problem!

Online the EA servers constantly kick me out saying servers unavailable, and I lose my skill points, in game they have some weird lag and bullets come round corners and kill me, I get shot by players walking around corners before the even turn them.The Tier 1 mode so far I have unfinished it as I keep getting kicked back to the main menu with the big surprising message saying loss connection to the EA servers yet again!

So basicly I bought a game at full price for ony a 3rd of it to work and at the very badly silly bugs and glitches that you expect in a Beta not the final build!

So finally thanks EA for valuing my custom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

what a load of B**loc*s , the story mode is half arsed, just doesn't get the right feel, the rangers break off and run away just as a small unit exact same as the Tier 1 griup so basicly more of the same, but thats just minor compareds to the following, in story mode the game glitches non-stop your team AI constantly gets in the way blocks doors or funniest moment the rangers radio in out of ammo dont send reinforcments and I just request more ammo from team mate no problem!

Online the EA servers constantly kick me out saying servers unavailable, and I lose my skill points, in game they have some weird lag and bullets come round corners and kill me, I get shot by players walking around corners before the even turn them.The Tier 1 mode so far I have unfinished it as I keep getting kicked back to the main menu with the big surprising message saying loss connection to the EA servers yet again!

So basicly I bought a game at full price for ony a 3rd of it to work and at the very badly silly bugs and glitches that you expect in a Beta not the final build!

So finally thanks EA for valuing my custom
    I've 1000 pointed it. Maybe you just have crap connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

My connection is perfect with COD, Reach etc, and when it says EA servers are unavailable I'm still on XBOX live so thats not the reason, and anyway connection doesn't explain the bugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Get it myself sometimes, but not as often as you, only got booted once from tier 1 and we've two xboxs running in the same room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

it seems to me those that are not good at moh are the ones that c/o of the short commings. on another note you dont lose points for leavin a match only if you prefom badly.

On a final note not once have i been kicked from an ea server. I have thirty meg fibre optic broadband.

"it seems to me those that are not good at moh are the ones that c/o of the short commings."

hmmmm for you info my Skill ranking is 2456 at the moment,yes I dont lose points for being kicked from a game but I dont get to add any to my skill when I am doing well, also got kicked out of a game and instantly brought back in with less than a minute left had 2 instant deaths and only 1 kill guess what I got -67 on my skill for that, when I had previously just over 1200 points with a 48-5 KD in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

It'd be a very good game if it came out two or three years ago, but it's out now and compared to what else is out now. It's rubbish. I traded it in against fallout new vegas, got 33 for it. So not all bad in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I gave it the booth also. Lads its an awful pile of sheeet. The multiplayer isn't bad but the single player is clearly rushed out and riddled with bugs and theres a paid DLC pack coming out on Nov 2 with new maps....That means they were ready for launch and they decided to put about 4 maps into the actual game and try and get a few quid out of people twice before Black Ops comes out. Daylight robbery imo, disgusting show of corporate greed that you wouldn't even see from Activision. Booo hissssssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I thought the maps coming out on Tuesday were free. Its not exactly corporate greed if they are free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

2 map packs sir. 1 is free. *drops the mic*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Can't really see either map pack topping the download charts as nearly everyone i know has/is about to trade their copy. Not exactly a polished game on or offline but that said i will be playing the multiplayer until Black Ops comes out. Anyone fancies a game msg me chillpillphil.png

• Advertisement

Map packs out Tue, 2 weeks after release why couldnt they have these on disk when shipped? Greed bolloxs to that traded my copy in today! F**K EA for this scam!

Am with ya Chris, I'll be trading in mine next weekend against Black Ops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Am with ya Chris, I'll be trading in mine next weekend against Black Ops.

Royal,

do you really want to give up the Battlefield 3 Beta access???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

it seems to me those that are not good at moh are the ones that c/o of the short commings. on another note you dont lose points for leavin a match only if you prefom badly.

On a final note not once have i been kicked from an ea server. I have thirty meg fibre optic broadband.

i think thats the biggest amount of BS ive ever heard u saying so far.
    i played the game for no more than 2 hours and mostly got high finished including getting about 10 headshots in one game on u and still hate the game.

Royal,

Yeah that wouldnt bother me. I wouldnt have much interest in playing beta games anyway. I much prefer my first experience of a game being the finished article.

garv123 wrote: »
    i played the game for no more than 2 hours and mostly got high finished including getting about 10 headshots in one game on u and still hate the game.

I agree.

I have stated my issues with the game already. The game modes are shocking. I hate the way the hardcore mode is a mixed bag of all other game modes.

Also the lack of weapons is annoying. In my opinion the best weapon in each class is the first one you get which makes no sense. Even if the better weapons had to be unlocked, it only takes a couple of days to get them.

My two biggest issues with the game are the amount of maps, and that its a pain in the ass to play with groups of friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I agree.

I have stated my issues with the game already. The game modes are shocking. I hate the way the hardcore mode is a mixed bag of all other game modes.

Also the lack of weapons is annoying. In my opinion the best weapon in each class is the first one you get which makes no sense. Even if the better weapons had to be unlocked, it only takes a couple of days to get them.

My two biggest issues with the game are the amount of maps, and that its a pain in the ass to play with groups of friends.

this i really have to agree with their should be some way of knowing where your friens are like in bc2 where the color above their head is different

dunworth1 wrote: »
    this i really have to agree with their should be some way of knowing where your friends are like in bc2 where the color above their head is different

There's so much that needs to be sorted out in this game! Seems like Dice did just enough to release the game but not enough polish to make it a first class multiplayer.

Here's what I thought Dice needed to include in the MP to compete with CoD and BFBC2:

1. A new ranking/unlock system that takes far more effort and time to advance but has greater rewards ie. weapons, customizations, skins etc.
    2. Both ranked and unranked matches on each game mode with the ability to set up unranked private matches.
    3. Hardcore mode to be made available as an option on all game modes, at the players discretion.
    4. The ability to have your entire party join as a team, on the same side with the party number increased to 8.
    5. The ability to see what servers are available and be able to choose.
    6. All game modes to be made available for free.
    7. 12-16 maps free and available on all game modes, 1,200 points for a new 4 map pack every two months after release.
    8. A spawn sanctuary zone where you can not fire your weapon or your enemies weapons cannot damage you. This will allow you to pinpoint the location of spawn campers and allow you time to deal with them.
    9. The friends/squad dynamic of the game needs improvement. A simple change of colour of their tag would allow you to co-ordinate better.
    10. Random spawn locations needs to be addressed and the ability to have multiple possible spawn locations made available ie. a selection of team mates, especially fellow party members as well as the base.
    11. The ability of the sniper has to be addressed. I don't believe that the sniper rifles need to be less powerful. Lets face it, get hit with one of those babies and it's lights out, as it should be. I think the breath-holding option should reduce the sway but not eliminate it completely. Thus making sure that the sniper has extreme skill and timing to pull off a long distance shot and also making it very hard for the sniper to hit a moving target at distance, as it should be. If a sniper wants to stay at the back of the map, fine but make him work hard for every point he gets!
    12. The amount of points awarded for planting and disarming the objectives needs to be increased dramatically, as well as the points for destroying a tank. This should give players the added incentive to push forward all the time and be aggressive.
    13. The awarding of skill points should actually make sense!
    I think with a subtle changes above, this game would have firmly planted itself in between CoD and Battlefield franchises. However, I feel that because the ranking system was so short, I don't think Dice ever really expected people to invest much time into this game! Just over 30 hours to max out all the classes! I've played longer single players games!!!

You should print that out and send it to Dice.

Am going to play MoH online at about 12 if anyone is up for a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Had a few games of this yesterday for the first time in a while. I also played CoD 4 and BFBC2 . MoH does combine some elements of both game types. CoDs lone wolf,kill em all gameplay and Battlefields limited maps and game modes!:rolleyes:
    Its a pity because it could and should have been very good. I hope DICE use the same audio for the weapons on BF3 as its the most satisfying I've heard in a shooter.
    Other than that a poor effort overall and has all the hallmarks of a tacked on rush job. The proof is the amount of people in my friends list who were still playing Bad Company 2 months after release compared to 1 or 2 playing MoH yesterday only 2 weeks after release!

• Advertisement

ye should se the grins on mine ans shoveltooths faces:D:D:D:D
    each person is slowly dropping out one by one. it took moose a while to admit the game was a disaster after he sleeping with the game tucked in beside him at night for the first 2weeks:rolleyes:

ye should se the grins on mine ans shoveltooths faces:D:D:D:D
    each person is slowly dropping out one by one. it took moose a while to admit the game was a disaster after he sleeping with the game tucked in beside him at night for the first 2weeks:rolleyes:

It would be fairly simple to turn this game around into one of the best MP games. It's nearly there, just lacks polish. It may yet turn into a first rate FPS with a few patches.

It would be fairly simple to turn this game around into one of the best MP games. It's nearly there, just lacks polish. It may yet turn into a first rate FPS with a few patches.

i wont be playing it anymore anyway:D its on the way into gamestop this very second

I think it needs abit more than a few patches. The gameplay itself, and the look and feel of the game is great. Its just lets me down in so many areas. The good points alone dont make a great game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

MEOW, do you some long nails and fake boobs to top off that bitchiness.

I'll agree its not hard to get kills on MoH, its a total bum rush, I'm forever saying it, and whilst the game has nothing on other games out at present, namely BFBC2 it's still a fine game, and will be finer with patience and a few more patches.

However, getting 10 headshots on me in one game isn't anything godlike, it just means I'm a nub who runs out into open fire allowing myself to get picked off. BUT, it obviously say's alot about my playstyle, as I still have 3k skill points and a rakeload on my score.

I'm confident that when the new patch and DLC comes out MoH will gain back a little of it's credibility. Don't mistake my love for the game to be something it's not, I will and always will prefer BFBC2, but as many players from the IRL clan agreed, we only got MoH as BFBC2 was getting boring, same maps, same style of play and same everything, MoH was a breath of fresh air which will only make BFBC2 all the more sweeter when we all return properly to it for vietnam.

MEOW, do you some long nails and fake boobs to top off that bitchiness.

I'll agree its not hard to get kills on MoH, its a total bum rush, I'm forever saying it, and whilst the game has nothing on other games out at present, namely BFBC2 it's still a fine game, and will be finer with patience and a few more patches.

However, getting 10 headshots on me in one game isn't anything godlike, it just means I'm a nub who runs out into open fire allowing myself to get picked off. BUT, it obviously say's alot about my playstyle, as I still have 3k skill points and a rakeload on my score.

im not saying its god like. im just showing you that people can try it play good and still find it crap. not that everyone that doenst like it is crap and thats why they dont like it, like your previous post basically said

Royal,

So I'm ment to pay 54 euro for Beta Access???? lol to hell with it

But I do agree with your point by point anyalise of the game , pity EA didnt do that before launch!

So I'm ment to pay 54 euro for Beta Access???? lol to hell with it

But I do agree with your point by point anyalise of the game , pity EA didnt do that before launch!

True about the beta, I'm swaying towards trading it in against CoD:BO now. I generally don't like Beta's anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

True about the beta, I'm swaying towards trading it in against CoD:BO now. I generally don't like Beta's anyway.

i think the same
    i am thinking i should trade this in while it still worth something reasonable
    and i can always pick up a second hand copy later on because i have already used the one time code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

How will EA know that you've traded the game in ?
    You should be able to access the Battlefield 3 beta once you've registered the game under your gamertag surely ?
    I'll wait for the patch before I trade it in this weekend too :D

Advertisement