Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal Of Honor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

its not that bad, Could certainly do with some work done and do something to discourage an entire team from using sniper class, but other than that it has the makings of a good game. Sure BF-BC2 was terrible in beta and in the early release, as was MW2 with all the glitches.

Who was it said there was a free map pack today? I checked earlier and theres maps there for 800ms points. no free ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hecklar wrote: »
    its not that bad, Could certainly do with some work done and do something to discourage an entire team from using sniper class, but other than that it has the makings of a good game. Sure BF-BC2 was terrible in beta and in the early release, as was MW2 with all the glitches.

Who was it said there was a free map pack today? I checked earlier and theres maps there for 800ms points. no free ones?

imo and alot here will agree battlefield bc2 was brillaint from release day one. the main patch on it cause more glitches. like the knife not working and even when you win it tells you you lose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

EA/Dice said it themselves. Here is the promotional video for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhk00xLgvN4

If am not playing clean sweep by 9pm tonight this game is getting traded first thing tomorrow morning. Well after my rice crispies of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

There are aspects of the game that I really like but unfortunately there's too many little things that spoil the gameplay. I've already posted a list of changes that I think they needed to make on this thread, so I won't go into that again.

Today, MoH received a server-side patch. Spawn locations are supposed to have changed on many of the maps to counter spawn killing. The M16 has had a reduction on damage, although some people claim it recoils more now. The sniper class has been modified, two shots to kill at distance and one at close range and headshots remain a one hit kill. The M4 may have been nerfed too. I haven't bothered confirm any of this, as I'm waiting for the free DLC to arrive before playing it again.

As for the new maps: Hot Zone DLC has been available for the last six hours or so, at a cost of 800 MS points but the free DLC, Clean Sweep, hasn't been made available yet! Rumours abound that it's been delayed.

EA announced today that they weren't happy about the quality control of the game but refused to comment on whether they are happy with the two million sales (aprox €100 million gross revenue generated). However, they promise that the next installment will be better and believe this has kick started the franchise again.

General feeling on related forums is that EA have incredible cheek to announce such a thing and still charge for DLC three weeks after launch, especially considering the promised free DLC hasn't been released at the same time as the "paid" DLC.

As for my own personal opinion, I think I'm beyond caring anymore. Nothing short of a miracle will stop me trading MoH in on Friday.

Here's a post I found on the MoH forum, thought you might like it...

Dear MOH player. I am on your team, look out for me getting shot six-ways from Sunday at an objective from time to time when you are not looking through a scope at another guy who is also looking through a scope.

When you see me suddenly stop crouch and open fire, please do feel free to stand in front of me to see what all the fuss is and get us both killed, I admire your curious nature, its how we evolve as a species.

If you see me in the tank, suppressing the enemy is my main aim. So while I keep them busy try going for the objective instead of running off somewhere to hide.

If you grenade/smoke spam, try throwing them AT the enemy, and not just wherever I am trying to shoot folk, it makes it a tad difficult to see y'know?

If the enemy run past you and kill me, could you maybe avenge my death or something? I don't want flowers or a speech, just maybe shoot the guy you should have shot 30 seconds ago before when your medication kicked in? Thankies.

Please spawn snipe me whenever possible, I love it, in fact I'm so used to it now that I don't even attempt to run any more! How cool is that! I've made your job even easier than it already was, in fact it is positively beyond noob-ism now. I expect little more than a message telling me it is I who suck for not spawning properly, since your awesomeness at shooting at one spot from a half mile away is obviously pure bad-lalalalalaery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

garv123 wrote: »
    imo and alot here will agree battlefield bc2 was brillaint from release day one. the main patch on it cause more glitches. like the knife not working and even when you win it tells you you lose

I agree with ya in a way, but at times in the beginning BC2 was unplayable. The whole telling ya you lost thing is still there, you'd think they'd fix something as blindingly obvious as that buy hey, i don't even notice it anymore. :)

MW2 aswell, was a pain in the face in the first weeks with dodgey spawns, javelin glitches, elevating glitchers and shotguns with the range of a Barret 50 cal.

So, here we have it, it has been officially delayed!

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/11/dlc-status

I suppose once I've traded it in, it'll only stand me €15. I really enjoyed the single player campaign, twice which was about 8-10 hours of play time and I also got 37+ hours of online play. If I round that up to 50 hours entertainment of €15, that's not bad value at all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

is anyone else not shocked the free dlc is delayed but the paid one isn?

Will be getting rid of this friday or sat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

So, here we have it, it has been officially delayed!

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/11/dlc-status

I suppose once I've traded it in, it'll only stand me €15. I really enjoyed the single player campaign, twice which was about 8-10 hours of play time and I also got 37+ hours of online play. If I round that up to 50 hours entertainment of €15, that's not bad value at all ;)

Wow EA are really going back to their old ways again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

and thats that then i'm deffo trading this next time i'm heading into town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but just wondering if this game is worth getting (at a cheap price off course). £14 on zavvi.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/medal-of-honor/10071611.html

I should say, I'm only really interested in single player campaign, not really interested in the online multiplayer bar L4D with a few friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you're not interested in the MP, then I'd say it's probably only worth borrowing or renting, as you'll blast through the SP in absolutely no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I think it's one of the best single players I've played. Better storyline that the COD's and every level your doing something different. I traded it in for Black OPs but will buy back again when it's cheap enough. Didn't play much of the multiplayer

Advertisement