Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 to 3 euro kings.

• 27-10-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

What in your opinion is the best 2 to 3 euro beer/ale? Im looking to get a few different, more expensive beers this weekend.

My usual stash comprises of tyskie, lech & zywiec. Tried a few more unsual (well unusual for me!) beers last weekend & want to do the same this weekend.

So whats the best quality for under 3 euro. Anything above 3 euro is a bit pricey for me.

All recommendations welcome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Drinkstore in Stonybatter have lots in this range - in fact, most of their beers are in this range or maybe up to 3.29. They have a mix and match 4 for a tenner:

http://www.drinkstore.ie/store/search/brand/WILLIAMS-BROS/

What kind of beer do you like?

A few recommendations of generally good beers:

Aldi Irish Ale 4 for 4 330ml bottles;
    Old Spekeled Hen c. 2.99 in most places;
    St Peter's Organic Ale (a bit over €3 but worth it)
    Old Engine Oil Stout (2.40 but a 330 bottle)
    Clotworthy Dobbin
    Hobgoblin ruby ale

Some of the Sam Adams beers are quite good - I really liked their honey porter - but their ordinary lager/ale is so-so.

My advice is to buy lots of different beers because (despite what some people here will say) there is no such thing as a good or a bad beer. There is beer you like and beer you don't like.

I'd also suggest trying weissbier. You'll either love it or hate it. Aldi do a heffewise called shofferhauffer or something for 1.79 for 500ml. Slurp.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Schlenkerla Märzen, Belfast Black, Zeitgeist, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Old Engine Oil, O'Hara's IPA, Porterhouse Celebration, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Fraoch -- all in DrinkStore for under €3 a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Hey lads im hearing a lot about sierra navada beers. Is it a decent brew? Is it under 3 euro & is it widely available in most off licences?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They're mostly quite good. I've not liked the Porter, and the Kellerweis is a bit pointless when you can get proper German weissbier for less. The Pale Ale is good, the Stout is excellent and Torpedo double IPA is fantastic: one of the best beers on sale in Ireland, IMO.

Except for the bigger bottles, they're all 4 for €10 in DrinkStore and some other offies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hey lads im hearing a lot about sierra navada beers. Is it a decent brew? Is it under 3 euro & is it widely available in most off licences?

Thanks.

All Sierra Nevada's are really good, you can get 4 for a tenner of any of their range in Redmonds of Ranelagh (Torpedo is my fave), my local Spar in Milltown, Dublin has bottles of their standard (but great) ale too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement