Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itec Horizon Panel

Options
  • 27-10-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone help please - I have an Itec Horizon Panel in my house - Installed it myself about 20 years ago - Has been working fine up to now - Has started to throw up a "7" (tamper) spuriously and ring the bells - This happens even if the alarm is not set - It also happens when the alarm is set - I am familiar with the panel and have shorted out the tamper circuit at the terminal strip - problems still present - I think that the problem may be in the SAB as the manual says this is incorporated in the "tamper" circuit - Don't particularly want to climb up and take it down on spec and so I would like to know if anyone experienced this problem - Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Im not 100% on what the bell tamper shows up as there.
    Disconnect the BHO & tamer return in the panel and see what shows up.
    It is also possible the lid tamer on the panel will show 7 also.
    Its been a while, generally when I am near those panel now it to take them off the wall.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Can anyone help please - I have an Itec Horizon Panel in my house - Installed it myself about 20 years ago - Has been working fine up to now - Has started to throw up a "7" (tamper) spuriously and ring the bells - This happens even if the alarm is not set - It also happens when the alarm is set - I am familiar with the panel and have shorted out the tamper circuit at the terminal strip - problems still present - I think that the problem may be in the SAB as the manual says this is incorporated in the "tamper" circuit - Don't particularly want to climb up and take it down on spec and so I would like to know if anyone experienced this problem - Thanks

As far as I know all the tampers are linked together so it could be the external bell or any other device that is tampered on the system that is causing the Fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Elder Lemon

Thanks for getting back so quickly Koolkid - I'll give that a try tomorrow and let you know how I get on - Long live the auld Horizon

Thanks for getting back so quickly Altor - The only tampers that are now active are the panel and the bell - I'll give Altors advice a try tomoro and also try to short out the panel tamper switch - I'll let you know how I get on - Long live the auld Horizon

Just to update and thanks to Koolkid and Altor for their help and advice.

As a first step I inserted a new resistor across the panel BHO and TR terminals as shown below and I also disconnected the TR cable from the panel.
    This I hoped would isolate the Bell Box Lid tamper switch without having to get the ladder out.
    !!!!!!! Voila it seems to have cleared the problem (touch wood) !!!!!!!!

Long live the auld Horizon and thanks again for pointing me in the right direction

Regards and keep up the good work

Elder Lemon

Panel Terminal BHO
    o ============== left this cable connected at panel
    |
    ==
    == 470 ohm
    == (inserted new resistor across panel terminals
    ==
    |
    o xxxxxxxxxx ============== disconnected this cable at panel
    Panel Terminal TR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That should get you another while out of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Just to update and thanks to Koolkid and Altor for their help and advice.

As a first step I inserted a new resistor across the panel BHO and TR terminals as shown below and I also disconnected the TR cable from the panel.
    This I hoped would isolate the Bell Box Lid tamper switch without having to get the ladder out.
    !!!!!!! Voila it seems to have cleared the problem (touch wood) !!!!!!!!

Long live the auld Horizon and thanks again for pointing me in the right direction

Regards and keep up the good work

Elder Lemon

Panel Terminal BHO
    o ============== left this cable connected at panel
    |
    ==
    == 470 ohm
    == (inserted new resistor across panel terminals
    ==
    |
    o xxxxxxxxxx ============== disconnected this cable at panel
    Panel Terminal TR

Good to hear you have it working but the tamper is on the external bell in case some would be intruder decides to rip it off the wall. It might only have come loose or even the cable come loose. I would check this out and repair the fault then reconnect it to the panel.

Hi Altor

Thanks for your comment - your correct of course - Next time I'm in the vicinity of the (pretty inaccessible) Bell Box I'll check the tamper switch and connections

Regards

Elder Lemon

Advertisement