Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wooden flooring warped help!!!

• 27-10-2010 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

my washing machine leaked all over the kitchen to the wooden flooring (open plan room) and the wood has really warped 1 meter by 3.. does anyone know how to fix it or how much it will cost to replace the boards, thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

leeesa wrote: »
    my washing machine leaked all over the kitchen to the wooden flooring (open plan room) and the wood has really warped 1 meter by 3.. does anyone know how to fix it or how much it will cost to replace the boards, thanks for any help :)

it is usually permanent .

you could cut out the bad bits in an area around the damage and tile it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

happened me in hall an had to rip most up, as was said try save some of it and replace bad parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yeah, moisture will destroy a timber floor. You may well have to wave bye bye to it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had a pipe leak and flood part of our hall, the wood cupped when it was wet, I managed to use a towel and remove all the standing water. After about 2 weeks the wood went back to it's original flatness.
    Solid red deal 19mm flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

leeesa wrote: »

not sure about fixing this, or how mucht it might cost, but maybe you could make a claim on your home insurance to help offset the cost of fixing it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement