Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help I am about to fail!!

Options
  • 27-10-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

As above says.... I ve been sick have missed tutorials and lectures and lately I have been fairly depressed and stuff. have been diagnosed with manic depression about two years ago and well its affecting me again and I ve missed out on already two assignments one worth 50 % and the other 40% Im really fu*ked and one of my friends said I could apply for an I grade due to my condition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

As above says.... I ve been sick have missed tutorials and lectures and lately I have been fairly depressed and stuff. have been diagnosed with manic depression about two years ago and well its affecting me again and I ve missed out on already two assignments one worth 50 % and the other 40% Im really fu*ked and one of my friends said I could apply for an I grade due to my condition?

Very possibly. Go to the counselling department about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

You should contact the Welfare Officer [Derek Daly]: suwelfare@ul.ie
    and the Education Officer [Aoife Finnerty]: sueducation@ul.ie about getting I-Grades.

You definitely have a case for them imo, and the sooner you go about doing this the better.

Its good that you are asking for help though. Dont fear, there are helps and supports available to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Try to just get it sorted as soon as possible!! I know how hard it is but lecturers as much more understanding than people think! Im sure iyou go to the people mentioned in the above post they'll help you out. and try not to stress too much about it as you have been ill. Hope you get it all sorted.:)

Advertisement