Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk State Pension

Options
  • 27-10-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

My sister lived and worked in the UK for nearly 15 years.
    Taxes and NI contributions deducted at source etc.
    For the last 2 of those years, she gave up work to have her first child, she then returned home to Ireland, where she is a Homemaker, ie stay at home full time non earning mum.
    What happens to her pension contributions that she built up whilst in the UK?
    She recently got a letter from the UK, saying they had noticed she had stopped contributions and she could pay a lump sum to catch up.
    What does she do about that? She already told (a different dept) the child benefits people, that she has moved back to the UK and stopped the payments

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

There is a State Benefits forum here - asking them might be more sucessful.

She should also contact the UK folk and clarify her situation i.e. she is no longer in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

parsi wrote: »
    There is a State Benefits forum here - asking them might be more sucessful.

She should also contact the UK folk and clarify her situation i.e. she is no longer in the UK.

Thanks, I will post there then!

Advertisement