Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost dog

Options
  • 27-10-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I found a black cairn dog in the Douglas area tonight.
    He had a lead attached to a brown collar so I assume he was spooked by the Firecrackers that are being left off around here tonight and ran away from his owner.
    If anyone knows anyone looking for him, reply to this thread and I will provide contact details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If you have a photo, you should post it on the various animal shelter pages on FB, and some of the pet stores in Cork have FB pages too. If you can't find them, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

If you have a photo, you should post it on the various animal shelter pages on FB, and some of the pet stores in Cork have FB pages too. If you can't find them, let me know.

^ Great ideas.

If you have the time to take them to a nearby vet they might have a chip that the vet can use to lookup his owner's details. A lot of dogs have those chips these days.

Posting pictures here, on other forums & especially on Facebook is a great idea alright. 1,000s of people in Douglas will be on facebook, someone will surely recognise them.

The owner might call a local pound. You could ring and see if anyone has rang in looking for a similar lost dog:

Cork Pound Animals Home,
    Clontarf Street,
    Cork City

CSPCA:
    Link Road,
    Mahon,
    Cork.

Animal Care Society,
    Hollyhill,
    Ballineen,
    Co. Cork,
    Ireland

Well done for taking them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I live in Douglas so i'll ask around and direct them to this thread if it helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MitziAils

Thanks for all the replies

The good news is that he has been returned to his owner.
    Happy ending :)

Advertisement