Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's start a band! - RB3 edition

Options
  • 27-10-2010 11:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭

We all know RB is best played with others, so hows about we organise a few online boards bands? Feel free to merge this with another thread if you feel it appropriate, mods, but sure a place to organise times for online band play couldn't hurt :)

Firstly, bags keyboard :P

Secondly if anyone is up for a bit of career mode this weekend, would be great to have a few more on board!

I play on XBL, by the way - good at guitar (mostly play hard because I find it more fun), moderate at drums (can just about scrape by on medium), ****ty at vocals!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

can throw my tag in there as well. hope to be getting it this weekend so would be up for a few games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think there is a sharing setlist function too , which will be good for a revival of the score challenges also.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Team Top Tier: D4RK ONION, Calex, Cedomination, Twilightning :D

Joking :P I'm up for it, I can play expert everything atm (- keys)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Trust me, you're expert keys as well. (just not pro keys yet :p). Really though, regular keyboard-mode is the most redundant thing in RB3.

I also play expert on everything, sign my ass up for this! I have tomorrow off. I'll be in HMV at 9 to pick up that glorious disk. I should warn that while I can sing on expert, it's not pretty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If there's going to be a team for n00bs who haven't made it past medium, count me in!:p

Must remember to renew my live sub for this today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

**** yeah. ;)

But I won't be able to get RB3 for at least another week or two, I'm smashed after the weekend just gone. :( It sucks because I really want to play it. I have a new setup as regards my drums, I'll show you guys later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh meeeee, pick meeeeee! :p

I play hard guitar and hard/expert drums but I won't have RB3 for another while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Throw me in when i have money and the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

aw snap, expert bass, hard/expert guitar, **** drums, no mic!

gettin the keyboard today so i'm gonna guess hard/expert and cant wait for pro guitar, shred4life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Do want! I'm thinking of upgrading to an XBL Gold account for a little bit, just to get the most out of this game. Really want to play with some fellow Boardsies, so please pick me for something! :D

I can play Guitar, Drums and Vocals on Expert, provided I know the song well enough to avoid exploding into a horrible inferno of fail. :p

• Advertisement

So, does anyone want to get the Bohemian Rhapsody vocals achievement? "hit all triple awesomes in "BR" on medium or a higher dificulty"?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

So, does anyone want to get the Bohemian Rhapsody vocals achievement? "hit all triple awesomes in "BR" on medium or a higher dificulty"?

Ooh, you can do the vocal harmony parts over online multiplayer now? You don't have to do all three parts locally? I don't think it was possible in B:RB, so this is very exciting! Harmonix refined almost everything you could think of. :D

So, yeah, I'm up for taking part in a Bohemian barber shop trio! I'll have to practise the harmonies next time I'm playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can't be done online i'm afraid, something to to with lag :confused:

Some of us have 3 mics all for ourselves although 2 of them are lips mics and not worth a damn in RB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

calex71 wrote: »
    Can't be done online i'm afraid, something to to with lag :confused:

Some of us have 3 mics all for ourselves although 2 of them are lips mics and not worth a damn in RB :(

Ditto! They're crap in comparison!

Ah, that totally sucks! I'm well annoyed with that :(

Advertisement