Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new restaurant in athenry

Options
  • 27-10-2010 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

went to new place in athenry called the barracks.lovely food at very reasonable prices.lovely and cosy and warm!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Hey whereabouts is this place? What sort of food? Desperate for a decent restaurant in Athenry (although the New Park do nice food)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Where-abouts is the Raheen Woods or is it still open these days? :confused:

I go to Athenry a good bit but can't say I've ever came across that Hotel?!?:pac:
    Indeed it'd be something that'd happen to me now to go past it lol :rolleyes: But just wondered where it is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Hey whereabouts is this place? What sort of food? Desperate for a decent restaurant in Athenry (although the New Park do nice food)
    its just down from the aib banklink.stone fronted building.they serve full breakfasts,dinner and the usual paninis wraps etc.lovely and cosy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Oh, is it where Sweetie Pies used to be, opposite where Arabica Coffee used to be?

Raheen Woods is out of the town a bit, I always get lost trying to find it, don't know Athenry that well. The New Park is just opposite the dairy, down the end of the main st where AIB is, where the road goes round to the right. Doesn't look much outside but we've found the food tasty and reasonably priced and the staff very pleasant and friendly (most unusual these days!!) Raheen Woods always found a bit overpriced and always seems to be empty in the restaurant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

That iSapori place is pretty good as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement