Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the eldest age that a family member of yours has died?

• 27-10-2010 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

My great-grandmother lived until she was 98 years of age, she only died 4 years before I was born!

She was alright for most of her live, but she spent her last 4 years in a home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've a great auntie who's 93 (I think) at the moment, when she dies she'll be the oldest. The oldest age someone's died at the moment is about 88.

All my grandparents died before they were 80

My family don't live very long.... Lucky me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Id a granny who lived til 88 - died on her b'day.
    Always used to call me Trevor for some reason :D(my names not trevor) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

CorkMan wrote: »
    My great-grandmother lived until she was 98 years of age, she only died 4 years before I was born!

She was alright for most of her live, but she spent her last 4 years in a home.

Jesus, fair play to her for spending 94 years out on the streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Great-grandmother was 96 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Great granaunt was 99 when she died (just over 2years ago), 4mths off her 100th. Great woman, sorely missed. We have a great pic of 5 generations of the family, from her down to my son who was 9mths old when she died.

Celebrated my Granny's 90th bday a few weeks ago, and she's going strong, we all reckon she'll go the distance too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

My Grandfather, he was two months short of the big 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

My granny (great granny) was 100 when she died. 100 and 5 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

My twin was 85.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

My great grandfather lived to 101 and my granny to 93.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Everyone dies kinda young in my family-don't think anyone's made it past 85ish, and that's going back a few generations, on both sides..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mmmmmmm.......

great aunt died when she was 108!!and her sister(my great gran) went to the pearly gates at 104!!if i make it past 50,it will be a bonus:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Grandad - 97, Granny 88 - mum's side
    Other Granny 90. Don't know about Grandad on dad's side - died before I was born

None of them were ill, required care or a nursing home. My 97 year old Grandad was working on his farm when he died and was very fond of the pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My grandad died last Saturday. He would have been 90 on Christmas eve. Pretty sure that's the oldest family member of mine who has died, as far as I can remember anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

dollybird2 wrote: »
    Grandad - 97, Granny 88 - mum's side
    Other Granny 90. Don't know about Grandad on dad's side - died before I was born

None of them were ill, required care or a nursing home. My 97 year old Grandad was working on his farm when he died and was very fond of the pipe.
    You realise this is now slang for cóck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My Granny was 76, oldest of all my grandparents and grand uncles/aunts

Must be something in the water in North Tipp. Or the fact that our county hospital was downgraded.

Where are ye living that people live to over 90?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Great grandmother 100yo. 7 kids aswell....tough as old boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Nulty wrote: »
    Great grandmother 100yo.

Did she get a letter from the President? :)

If you weren't around so don't know, that's cool too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Longevity of some of the people mentioned on this thread, is very impressive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Great gran died a few years ago at 94. Thats it for me.

Growing up I had 2 grand mothers, 1 grandfather, 2 great grand mother and 1 great grandfather alive.

Old people are funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

My grandmother died in May - she was 95.

• Advertisement
Advertisement