Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wandy wants Chute Boxe reformation

• 28-10-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭

Wanderlei Silva wants his old Chute Boxe colleagues to reform in a 2010 version of the once-fearsome team, albeit under a different name. Silva and his coach Rafael Cordeiro released a video blog this week in which they called for ex-team members such as Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua to join with them and form a new superteam.

“Our intention now is to reunite the group. Shogun, come train with us… [Cordeiro is training] Mark Munoz, Renato Babalu, Kryzstoff Soszynski, Ryo Chonan… we have eight professionals. What we had back then (Chute Boxe days) we don’t have now, a variety of people to train with. But now professor Cordeiro is succeeding in putting it all together. Shogun come, and we will give you top training,” Silva said.

Alternating between addressing Shogun directly and addressing him in the second person, Silva expounded on his hopes.

“Its hard to even talk about Shogun, we will do anything we can to help Shogun. This kid became my idol in MMA. The guys is an idol now, the guy is amazing. Come back and bring your energy back for us! We need your energy here,” he said.

“Ninja [Rua], come and train with us. I think that all of us, with the same spirit and the same ideals, we have to unite again. It doesn’t matter where and how but we have to be back together - and we will be back together.

“Our group is coming back. I spoke with [Andre] Dida and Veio in Toronto, they will also be helping. Our ideal to make the best team in the world is already happening. Plus with the addition of new people like Babalu, Werdum - the whole world will want to come and train with us.

“Another person I would like to help is Anderson Silva. I can’t train right now [because of injury] but even if its just psychological, Anderson we want to help you in any way you need. Even if its just holding the stopwatch.”

Wanderlei is currently recovering from knee surgery to correct a torn ACL. He told Fighters Only that he expects to return in April with a fight against Chris Leben - and he expects the fight to take place in Toronto, Canada.
    Fightersonly

Lets raise some hell;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

No coincidence that my two favourite fighters in shogun and wand come from chute boxe, if they were to re-unite along with top fighters from around the world id be all for watching it unfold.

Edited to include video;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

ninja-maurico-vanderlei.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

dave1982 wrote: »
    ninja-maurico-vanderlei.jpg

I love how when that picture was taken, shogun was just "Ninja's brother Mauricio" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I cant see the picture but im assuming its the old chute boxe team one with anderson in it on 1 knee with the goatee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

I'd love to see Wanderlei fight Chris Leben, lets pray to god his rehab on his knee goes well and those two can go at it

• Advertisement
Advertisement