Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with crooked scaffold.

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I posted here a few months ago about my scaffold as it had developed some hypertrophic scarring and I was asking for advice on how to get rid of it. I took the advice and it went down a good bit but now I've had to take one of the piercings out. :(

Originally, I had gotten two separate piercings with the plan of putting one straight bar through it when they'd healed up. I wanted to just get a straight bar right away but the studio said they "didn't do it that way" so I went with what they told me.

Anyway, after a few days I noticed that the top piercing had shifted in position slightly and was now crooked. So when I came back to Dublin (had been in London before that) I went to Snakebite. I spoke to Steve and he said that it looked like the piercer had pulled my ear when she pierced it and over the few days afterwards, my ear had resumed it's natural position hence why the piercing had moved.

He then said that when the scarring came down, I should get a straight bar and see if it will go through the two piercings. So today I got a bar and tried to put it through and lo and behold....... No chance. Piercing is too crooked. My only option now is to take out the top one, wait until it's healed and see if I can get it re-pierced.

My question is, how long would it roughly take for the piercing to heal enough to re-pierce it?

And if the cartilage is damaged (which I very well think it might be) would it even be possible to re-pierce it?

Thanks for your help guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say pop back into Steve if you can, if he can bend a bar a little for you to make it work, he will, but he'll let you know straight up if it won't work too, and what your best options are.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

It should be healed enough in around 6-8 weeks,(this is of course dependent on how long it was in there in the first place). It is possible to repierce over most scar tissue, the problem is a) it will probably hurt like f*&* and b) healing time will usually be a fair bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

It should be healed enough in around 6-8 weeks,(this is of course dependent on how long it was in there in the first place). It is possible to repierce over most scar tissue, the problem is a) it will probably hurt like f*&* and b) healing time will usually be a fair bit longer.

I got it pierced in May. It was healed fully by August but I was still getting rid of the hypertrophic scarring. How long do you reckon it would take?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'd go with trying to get a bar custom-shaped to what you already have, too. It'll be much easier, and less painful. It will hurt a little when the bar goes into it too, while the ear gets used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'd go with trying to get a bar custom-shaped to what you already have, too. It'll be much easier, and less painful. It will hurt a little when the bar goes into it too, while the ear gets used to it!
    The only problem with a custom shaped bar is it must be exact, otherwise you can have complications. You will also have to have all future jewellery made to exactly the same shape so you've very little room for variety. My personal recommendation would be a fresh scaffold mm's away from the original, and let the existing piercings heal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement