Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost in photo

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I was shown the attached picture, it was taken in a nightclub at the weekend. i have removed the girls faces to protect their privacy but other than that have not altered it in anyway.

Is it a photoshop or is it real? very good photoshop if it is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Freaky looking. Part of it looks like a reflection but its some coincidence if his reflection was in that position with his arm around her.
    I don't believe in paranormal beings but that would scare me if I was that chick in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'm gonna call shenanigans. I've never seen any pic close to that quality that wasn't fake. It's a damn good shop, but a shop nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

long exposure and yer one jumped on her back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

its Halloween remember folks!! photoshoped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

long exposure and yer one jumped on her back?

I'm pretty sure it's not. With film cameras you can get a situation where photo is printed on top of another one and I've read a discussion where something similar can happen with digital where two images get put into the one file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

shcoff wrote: »
    I was shown the attached picture, it was taken in a nightclub at the weekend. i have removed the girls faces to protect their privacy but other than that have not altered it in anyway.

Is it a photoshop or is it real? very good photoshop if it is!

It is certainly a fake photo. (I don't say photoshop as I reckon anyone using it would have done a better job.)
    Firstly it looks as though it was shot through a glass partition thus giving the reflection of someone on the same side as the camera. Some sort of booth perhaps?
    The image of the alleged ghost is actually sharper than the girls in the photo and the highlights on the the said ghost show a different light source. Put the faces back in. In doing so we could rule out one of many digital anomalies that show the ghost and girl to be the same person.
    Nice try but no cigar!

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The image isnt sharp, has lens flare and is smokey. It looks like overexposure or a very coincidentally clever reflection,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

with all those ghosty iphone apps these days .....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Its the same girl.

Same hairline, same jaw structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

The photo is a fake. It's just an image of a living person that's been put into the shot.

Cool photo though. One for the family album! :D

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Its the same girl.

Same hairline, same jaw structure.

interesting, considering one cant see the face of the non ghostly lady

maccored wrote: »
    interesting, considering one cant see the face of the non ghostly lady

yeah, it is quite convenient ;)

i agree with major lovechild in that it looks like the camera was behind some kind of glass partition

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just looks like a ghost app for Android/iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I wish people would stop faking photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

adobe photoshop what a great graphics program

Such a pity it wasn't used here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Such a pity it wasn't used here.

Nice... Its not a photoshop job, I cant see why people think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I love how people can say one way or another what it is or isnt and be 100% certain based on just lookign at the version of the image here. Its laughable :D

• Advertisement

Looking at it again, zoomed in to the max and thing is i might have to retort and say its possibly not a photoshop job. The green hue in the corner isnt cut, there is a definite fuzz that wouldn't be there if it was overlapped with another image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

love photoshop!

I've been using PS since version 3.1 and used it professionally for over a decade. I "could" do and image like that if I was arse but claiming to know anything about this specific image based on looking at this thread is either arrogance or ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im sure if someone had the skills to do something like that in photoshop they would have used better subject matter.

I think if someone was to fake a photo then the subjects in this case would be a very clever idea. These are the exact type of people who would get excited and share the image via social networking sites. The idea that amazing things like this can happen to everyone make it much more acceptable and believable ... for some.

6th wrote: »
    I've been using PS since version 3.1 and used it professionally for over a decade. I "could" do and image like that if I was arse but claiming to know anything about this specific image based on looking at this thread is either arrogance or ignorance.

Perhaps you are right. I use it professionally also and the fact that I am arrogant has nothing to do with it. I am hardly going ignore the fact that this is a fake ghost photo. An image that has been doctored admittedly by the op....!!!! Ah here!...Stop!

I've been using PS since version 3.1 and used it professionally for over a decade.

I still have the floppies from 2.5. the basics never changed much after v4 i think.

I love how people can say one way or another what it is or isnt and be 100% certain based on just lookign at the version of the image here. Its laughable :D

no offense, but I think you find thats part of being human. All of us have opinions, and I'll wager very few DONT have an opinion on if its real or fake.

It has to be either one, and I wouldnt bet on the 'real' option.

maccored wrote: »
    no offense, but I think you find thats part of being human. All of us have opinions, and I'll wager very few DONT have an opinion on if its real or fake.

It has to be either one, and I wouldnt bet on the 'real' option.

I agree with you to a point but an opinion is one thing, stating it as fact is another.

• Advertisement

'thats shopped cus I can see the pixels' is a common refrain over the web in regards to many photos. usually by people who havent used photoshop.

Advertisement