Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rekorderlig

Options
  • 28-10-2010 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Premium Swedish cider brand Rekorderlig hopes to give mulled wine a run for its money with a winter cider suitable for heating.

The limited-edition Rekorderlig Winter Cider, available from Sainsbury's and Morrisons next month, is made from a blend of apples infused with vanilla and cinnamon and has a 4% abv (rsp: £1.99 per 500ml). It can be served cold or heated 'mulled wine-style'. "It will help change the perception of consumers who think of it purely as a summer drink," said Kieron Barton, MD of importer Chilli Marketing.

rekorderlig_cider_gallery--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg

Found some the other day in Supevalu, lovely! defo getting more.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I take it you tried it heated up?

We normally buy a pack of mulled cider spice mix and add it to warm cider (apple juice for the wains) on Christmas morning after our dip in the Atlantic, it's one of the Christmasy things I look forward to most these days.

Must keep a look out for this stuff.l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This would give mulled wine a run for its money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sounds yummy, would like a drink that had a good vanilla kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

At first I did enjoy their strawberry and lime cider but I can only drink about two pints as it is so sweet. I think this may turn out to be one of those "two bottles or you'll spoil it" drinks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

dazey wrote: »
    At first I did enjoy their strawberry and lime cider but I can only drink about two pints as it is so sweet. I think this may turn out to be one of those "two bottles or you'll spoil it" drinks

I used to drink the strawberry one, had 5 bottles one night and couldn't see the next day with the headache.

Definitely a 'dessert' beer, rather than a night-out beer. Seems to be very high in sugar.

That said, I'll be giving this one a go, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Silverfish wrote: »
    I used to drink the strawberry one, had 5 bottles one night and couldn't see the next day with the headache.

Definitely a 'dessert' beer, rather than a night-out beer. Seems to be very high in sugar.

That said, I'll be giving this one a go, no doubt.

Definitely if I find it around, looks like a good one to have stashed away for xmas nights, a novelty version of mulled wine for the young paeple!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Picked it up from Abbots Ale House in Cork two weeks ago and can positively say it is sex in a bottle. Think i paid €2.99 for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone tried it warm?

Advertisement