Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

stovelid wrote: »
    Heard through the grapevine it was two players who got stupid money thrown at them.

Finger on the gossip pulse, me.

Any little suggestions as to who? PM if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pffft its christmas and we bored, post their names in an anagram with 2 hidden xmas related words thrown in.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

This is a league of ireland rumour thread, im sure there is a current affairs thread you can post it in.

Indeed, put Gannon back rolled yous with €750,000 minimum and sure got away with bollcoking around with NAMA, the banks and the tax paid.
    Paulw wrote: »
    Word is Sporting Fingal will also be playing in Dalymount this season.

Seems that way, was either Tolka or Dayer anyway since rumours started going around in the summer.

Indeed, put Gannon back rolled yous with €750,000 minimum and sure got away with bollcoking around with NAMA, the banks and the tax paid.

Will we delve into who bankrolled Shels back in the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    pffft its christmas and we bored, post their names in an anagram with 2 hidden xmas related words thrown in.
    :pac:

Was being sarcastic as in that could easily describe more than two players in that squad.......

Obviously my jokes are getting shitter. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Seems that way, was either Tolka or Dayer anyway since rumours started going around in the summer.

Won't be Tolka. Definitely Dalymount. It'll be officially announced in the coming days.

As always, nice and predictable.
    Paulw wrote: »
    Won't be Tolka. Definitely Dalymount. It'll be officially announced in the coming days.

You better hope Bohs are still around so.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Coming from you gav that is hilarious but then you have never been one who dislikes a bit of the hypocrite attitude. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

CSF wrote: »
    Are you a moderator now?

Im not religious :)

CiaranC wrote: »
    Hes not the pineapple stu frpm foot.ie, he some Fingal clown who stole his username

Prove it :)

• Advertisement

:)

It was never Tolka :)

You better hope Bohs are still around so.:D

If not then our attendance might grow dramatically :) I really hope they survive , its one thing having rivalry on the boards and in the grounds but its people's jobs and wages that is at stake along with a club that has been followed week in week out by passionate fans for over a 100 years or so. I wouldnt wish it on any club including shells ok maybe i was a bit hasty saying that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Danny Murphy going back to FORASCOOP I hear

Theres no team by that name in the league.:confused:

He is linked with Cork City FC however.:)

No great loss. On a OK wage by all accounts but not first choice.

When played on his favoured side, I really liked his commitment and attitude on the pitch but his distribution was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Whats the latest on Tolka Gav?

Sporting Bohemians emalgamating Shelbourne FC has a bit of a ring to it, slowly dropping the shels and sporting bits obv.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    No great loss. On a OK wage by all accounts but not first choice.

When played on his favoured side, I really liked his commitment and attitude on the pitch but his distribution was poor.

I'm determined if necessary to be the only person who thinks this, but he was a vastly superior defender to Stevens and very quick and intelligent. Not many Rovers defenders will have good distribution considering the frequency of the long pass...

I think he'll be missed

bohsman wrote: »

What about it? The rumours of Dalyer that begain after the meeting back in February seem to have gone anyway, especially if Sporting Gannon go to Dalyer (ala Dublin City FC :p).

Unless there's a tonne of money put into Tolka we won't be getting a Premier License on it.

dfx- wrote: »
    I'm determined if necessary to be the only person who thinks this, but he was a vastly superior defender to Stevens and very quick and intelligent. Not many Rovers defenders will have good distribution considering the frequency of the long pass...

I think he'll be missed

Not if we sign Powell for less money...

What about it? The rumours of Dalyer that begain after the meeting back in February seem to have gone anyway, especially if Sporting Gannon go to Dalyer (ala Dublin City FC :p).

Unless there's a tonne of money put into Tolka we won't be getting a Premier License on it.

Leaving Tallaght, Richmond, UCD as possible places.

Heard nowt about Richmond but wouldnt be surprised, pitch is good condition so should be able to support 2 teams.

Leaving Tallaght, Richmond, UCD as possible places.

Heard nowt about Richmond but wouldnt be surprised, pitch is good condition so should be able to support 2 teams.

UCD rules prohibit groundshare and I can't see the SDCC letting anyone into Tallaght, never mind a club with the relationship to the Corpo you have.

• Advertisement

UCD rules prohibit groundshare and I can't see the SDCC letting anyone into Tallaght, never mind a club with the relationship to the Corpo you have.

SDCC not hand over the managing of the stadium to some 3rd party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

No longer a rumour, Sporting Fingal have signed a 3 year deal to play in Dalymount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Theres no team by that name in the league.:confused:

It's official! The Cockney Rebel is back! Not that he ever really left.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/12/22/cockney-rebel-returns/

Happy Christmas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Sporting Bohemians emalgamating Shelbourne FC has a bit of a ring to it, slowly dropping the shels and sporting bits obv.
    Bohemians emalgamating FC just sounds silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Fire ahead.

Yeah, like any council is gonna turn down rent for one of their facilities. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Zebra3 wrote: »

Yeah, like any council is gonna turn down rent for one of their facilities. :rolleyes:

I'm inclined to agree with you. The major differences for any second club playing in Tallaght would be that it would be on a one season basis and there would be no extra facilities available, like club offices etc. Secondly, the rent would be very high.

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    It's official! The Cockney Rebel is back! Not that he ever really left.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/12/22/cockney-rebel-returns/

Happy Christmas! :D

Has he played for Foras before ?

Anyone know the 2 Bohs players threatening them with a winding up order if they dotn get paid?

On tv3news

Dont know who they are, Heary appears to be one though. Wages a whole 6 days late when they went running to the PFAIs solicitor.

Dont know who they are, Heary appears to be one though. Wages a whole 6 days late when they went running to the PFAIs solicitor.

Heary has 2/3 kids, it's nearly Christmas, money doesn't grow on trees. Would you be complaining if your wages was 6 days late? I know for a fact I would!

• Advertisement

Heary has 2/3 kids, it's nearly Christmas, money doesn't grow on trees. Would you be complaining if your wages was 6 days late? I know for a fact I would!

Complaining yes, trying to put my employers out of business, no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Complaining yes, trying to put my employers out of business, no

They're simply making sure Bohs pay up as promised by mid January. The threat of a winding up order is an insurance policy for them to make sure they get paid when promised. If Bohs weren't lying to them by stating they would have the money to pay them wages plus 13 weeks as severance by mid January then there won't be a problem. If Bohs were lying to them however......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They're owed 3 weeks wages. BTW, Bohs do have the money to pay them, if Bohs are that desperate to honour contracts then they should sell up their ground n ow.

If a creditor came up to Shels demanding their money now, and we couldn't pay it. I think it would only be right for Shels to sell up their ground and use the remaining money they have to pay it off straight away.

It's a hard time of the year for people and I fully support them threatening Bohs with legal action.

Of course they're owed their money and I hope they get it but don't anybody pretend they'd be buying drinks for somebody who finished off your club over a wage dispute.

It will be ironic if one of the players involved is one of those stupidly bought at the start of the season though.

SDCC not hand over the managing of the stadium to some 3rd party?

No...

Fire ahead.

Ok, a well known Co Louth farmer with CAB on his back and a drugs baron from West Dublin were alledged to be amongst the 'investors' in Shels, which was one of the reasons you didn't open your books to a judge. So spare me the pontificating about Gannon.

The stadium isn't lying empty, there is something on in there every day. And I'm fairly sure the lease agreement we have prohibits rental any other LoI club for a period of I think 5 years.

That, and UCD, is basic stuff and I hope whoever in Shels is trying to sort out a ground for next year has done a little bit more homework than you chaps.

• Advertisement

ll post two random images. Draw from them whatever you want.

shell.jpg

grey_scale.gif

They're simply making sure Bohs pay up as promised by mid January. The threat of a winding up order is an insurance policy for them to make sure they get paid when promised. If Bohs weren't lying to them by stating they would have the money to pay them wages plus 13 weeks as severance by mid January then there won't be a problem. If Bohs were lying to them however......
    SantryRed wrote: »
    They're owed 3 weeks wages. BTW, Bohs do have the money to pay them, if Bohs are that desperate to honour contracts then they should sell up their ground n ow.

If a creditor came up to Shels demanding their money now, and we couldn't pay it. I think it would only be right for Shels to sell up their ground and use the remaining money they have to pay it off straight away.

It's a hard time of the year for people and I fully support them threatening Bohs with legal action.

If we could find a buyer for the ground we would. They get paid fortnightly, wages paid end of november, missed on the 14th so 2 weeks owed. We have no history of not paying wages. I honestly couldnt care how good a reason they have for threatening to kill the club. Absolute cowards for remaining anonymous aswell.

If we could find a buyer for the ground we would. They get paid fortnightly, wages paid end of november, missed on the 14th so 2 weeks owed. We have no history of not paying wages. I honestly couldnt care how good a reason they have for threatening to kill the club. Absolute cowards for remaining anonymous aswell.

You have been routinely missing wages for the past two seasons. Enough is enough. These players left other clubs to play for you and are full time professionals. Pay them what you owe them or go into examinership if you can't. But stop blaming others for your own mess.

You have been routinely missing wages for the past two seasons. Enough is enough. These players left other clubs to play for you and are full time professionals. Pay them what you owe them or go into examinership if you can't. But stop blaming others for your own mess.

We cant go into examinership for obvious reasons. Odds on the 2 players ending up at Rovers?

Odds on the 2 players ending up at Rovers?

Quite difficult for them to go anywhere after this leans towards older players who wont be playing again. Small league and mud sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

We cant go into examinership for obvious reasons. Odds on the 2 players ending up at Rovers?

One possibly, the other zero chance.

But I'm not quite sure what relevence that is. Or is this another B*hs conspiracy theory that the evil Rovers board are trying to destroy you by manipulating your contracted players into asking for their mony?

But I'm not quite sure what relevence that is. Or is this another B*hs conspiracy theory that the evil Rovers board are trying to destroy you by manipulating your contracted players into asking for their mony?

Would certainly be true to form.

One or two of your current players would have been with us anyway if you had not promised them more money than you knew you could pay.

Always someone elses fault in D7, isn't it.

Players aren't threatening to wind you up out of exasperation, it has to be someone out to get you. Grow up and take responsibility for your own mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Ok, a well known Co Louth farmer with CAB on his back and a drugs baron from West Dublin were alledged to be amongst the 'investors' in Shels, which was one of the reasons you didn't open your books to a judge.

Ah, alledgedly.

The stadium isn't lying empty, there is something on in there every day. And I'm fairly sure the lease agreement we have prohibits rental any other LoI club for a period of I think 5 years.

You're "fairly sure". Wow. I'd say if the SDCC wants to rent the ground out to another LoI club, they will. They sent Rovers packing off to Tolka when it suited them for the Madrid game.

They sent Rovers packing off to Tolka when it suited them for the Madrid game.

We have a lease now.

Also as another poster said: Tallaght would seem like a poor fit for another cub even if the SDCC did rent to another club. It was always a rovers area support-wise and the club are well dug in there now; office and shop space already used by us and very high rent and matchday costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

get over yourselves this forum is worse than fool.ie at times.:rolleyes:

You're "fairly sure". Wow. I'd say if the SDCC wants to rent the ground out to another LoI club, they will. They sent Rovers packing off to Tolka when it suited them for the Madrid game.

I have checked. The lease is clear, no other LoI clubs can rent the ground.

Stadium already runs at a profit for the Council.

Try elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

ll post two random images. Draw from them whatever you want.

shell.jpg

grey_scale.gif

Shels are replacing all their white players with black players?

You'll need to be a bit less cryptic I'm afraid...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement