Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

dreamers75 wrote: »

Gannon let go by Rovers odd considering Croly tried to sign him for Pats last season.

AFAIK, the drive to move came from Gannon - Rovers fans claim that, talking to him, he reckons a move away will give him more of a chance to play.

Can't say I blame him. Not even being in the squad for the League Cup final when Gilbert starts would drive me light as well - saw him around the coffee stand that day, and he looked like a kicked puppy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Poor poor Athlone. How long before they have the dreaded * next to their name on the league table.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

gimmick wrote: »
    Poor poor Athlone. How long before they have the dreaded * next to their name on the league table.

With Roddy in charge they'll be lucky to still be on the league table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any word on who could be new Limerick boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

dan1895 wrote: »
    With Roddy in charge they'll be lucky to still be on the league table.

Athlone have a good CEO who is full time, working to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Luckily enough they have a cracking underage set up aswell which will do them no harm.

Roddy has a set budget and Athlone Town are not a club who overspend, they never have been. They have been one of the more prudent clubs, one of the reasons they have been stuck in the 1st division so long is because they have not tried to buy their way out of it.

Hence they have threaded water for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Athlone Town are not a club who overspend, they never have been. They have been one of the more prudent clubs, one of the reasons they have been stuck in the 1st division so long is because they have not tried to buy their way out of it.

Could have said the same thing about Monaghan this time last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dan1895 wrote: »
    Could have said the same thing about Monaghan this time last year.

Not really they were always screwed and it wasnt from offering mad money.

It was just not sustainable. Sadly not Roddys fault this time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Athlone have a good CEO who is full time, working to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Luckily enough they have a cracking underage set up aswell which will do them no harm.

Roddy has a set budget and Athlone Town are not a club who overspend, they never have been. They have been one of the more prudent clubs, one of the reasons they have been stuck in the 1st division so long is because they have not tried to buy their way out of it.

You taking the piss? :confused:

Athlone totally overspent in 2007. They were paying some wasters €600 a week to finish in the lower half of the FD.

Did they not have to take a loan out against the ground recently over have someone buy it off them and lease it back to them because of recent debts they'd built up? :confused:

I know their CEO. He has sacked Roddy once before. Doubt he will be afraid to do it again.

gimmick wrote: »
    I know their CEO. He has sacked Roddy once before. Doubt he will be afraid to do it again.

Makes you wonder why anyone would hire someone they'd sacked before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Any names flying about? Ken Oman, Thomas Stewart, Conor Powell, John Dillon, Reyaad Pieterse, Danny North, David Cassidy, Kev Dawson?

Graham Gartland to Shels? :(

Only names I've heard mentioned were Oman and Gary O'Neill. I'd would be surprised if we don't take a few more of the Rovers lads that are not be re-signed and maybe lads from Shels and Bohs. Was also rumours that there might be a few players coming from England too which has me worried if Gilbert and Jannson are anything to go by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What the **** is wrong with this league that people keep giving Roddy Collins work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Reckon the FAI are paying Rodney to take clubs out of the league.

What the **** is wrong with this league that people keep giving Roddy Collins work?

Sums why the league is in such a mess.

If I was interviewing Collins for a manager's job, it'd go like this....

Me: So you walked out on your team's match when they were fighting relegation to go watch some boxing or something like that, yeah? Explain yourself...

RC: Eh......

Me: Close the door on your way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Was a few lads on our forum championing his appointment to the Oriel hotseat. :D

One thing Roddy will give you is man motivation and sometimes that is enough in the first division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

doncarlos wrote: »
    Was also rumours that there might be a few players coming from England too which has me worried if Gilbert and Jannson are anything to go by
    I think Gilbert has to be the worst player to have pulled on an Arsenal shirt in a very, very long time. I can't believe that guy played in the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Last man back :p

Thought Matthews was announced as being in charge next year? one you ye said it here irc.

He's expected to sign before the end of the week, nothing confirmed yet.
    doncarlos wrote: »
    Jannson are anything to go by

Nearly sure someone posted here saying he's signed for next season for Rovers.

Pat Flynn, Alan Byrne and Darren Quigley all supposedly signed for Shels, with Ian Ryan and Glen Cronin staying. Rumours of Jayo coming back too. Going to one long season with a heap more red cards!

Danny North is one of the few players we have signed from England that were actually any use.

Sligo possibly had better luck but we have had some rubbish players from UK.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder why anyone would hire someone they'd sacked before.

Noodle scratcher alright. I doubt it was just his choice somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Re Jansson
    Nearly sure someone posted here saying he's signed for next season for Rovers.

No word on a contract offer, indicated to Rovers fans that he'd love to stay on, but it's in their hands. The rumour mill linked us to Barry Murphy, which wouldn't really leave room for Oscar with Reyaad Pieterse and Conor Winn under contract. But there are reportedly problems with Pieterse's work visa, so the door might be left open.

Honestly, with no disrespect to Murphy, I think we'd be silly to cut Jansson loose for him. Murphy is a known quantity - an above-average keeper with injury problems - and Jansson could really be something special. He had his howlers early on, but he kept improving through a difficult season and playing in front of a shambolic defense. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in the Championship within five years.

And Roddy back in management gives me a ridiculous amount of delight. That nutter should have his own TV show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was just having a read of the Bohs forum. Few on there posting rumours about Philly Hughes signing for Bohs next season. Will have to close up the Burdocks van in that case. :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was just having a read of the Bohs forum. Few on there posting rumours about Philly Hughes signing for Bohs next season. Will have to close up the Burdocks van in that case. :pac:

In fairness, they survived Glen Crowe for how many years.

Re. Hughes, not a chance he'll come to us, we've nothing to offer him really.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd be surprised if he was Bohs bound too.

Doubt he'll be with us unless we stump up €150-€200 more a week to match Drogs offer.:(

Edit: Fabio O'Brien has just tweeted saying he's signed with Drogs for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He'll probably sign for Drogs at a guess. Don't think Bohs could afford him anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If he's leaving shels for more money then he's definitely not coming to us

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

That_Guy wrote: »

He'll probably sign for Drogs at a guess. Don't think Bohs could afford him anyway.
    Think he will probably be the only one of our decent players from last year who ends up back in a red jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Doubt he'll be with us unless we stump up €150-€200 more a week to match Drogs offer.:(
    How much have the Drogs offered?

Dean Kelly, Pat Flynn and Price to Shels.

Assume its Dean Kelly seeing as tho noone has seen him for nearly 3 months could be anyone ;)

Source > pats forum, twitter and pat flynn.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    How much have the Drogs offered?

No idea, but it's in the region of €150-€200 more than we could offer. Any offer made similar to Drogs and most likely he'll be back with us.

• Advertisement

Dean Kelly, Pat Flynn and Price to Shels.

Assume its Dean Kelly seeing as tho noone has seen him for nearly 3 months could be anyone ;)

Source > pats forum, twitter and pat flynn.

Already posted about Pat Flynn! :D

Already posted about Pat Flynn! :D

Check out the videos off him at the Pats night out :pac:

No idea, but it's in the region of €150-€200 more than we could offer. Any offer made similar to Drogs and most likely he'll be back with us.
    You have no idea how much the Drogs have offered, but you know its about €150-€200 more than Shels can afford.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can you know its €150-€200 more than Shels if you don't know what the offer is?

Not believing the Dean Kelly rumour til I physically see him playing at Tolka.

CSF wrote: »

I dont even believe he exists anymore, its something fans made up to scare other fans.

"Dean Kelly is signing for you woooooooooo"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He did miss a sitter for Pats in Tallaght last season. Though like a lot of Pats players that game, he was wearing someone else's shirt so maybe it wasn't him either.

You have no idea how much the Drogs have offered, but you know its about €150-€200 more than Shels can afford.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can you know its €150-€200 more than Shels if you don't know what the offer is?

Players don't tend to say how much their offered, more so how much more they've been offered by other clubs.

Likewise, meant to come on loan to us when at Rovers, didn't happen due to money Rovers wanted, didn't sign last year due to work or something, what will happen this time?

Robert Bayly being mentioned on Twitter to us too! :(

Seems the Dublin clubs are just swapping players! :)

Players don't tend to say how much their offered, more so how much more they've been offered by other clubs.
    Ah, so its from the horses mouth. Mind you he's hardly going to say that we've offered him less, is he ;).
    Just remember, our budget will probably be the smallest in the league again so Shels must be offering fairly low wages as well.

Thank God we finally are back to the days of low wages, there's a lot less prima donnas in the league as a result.

Ah, so its from the horses mouth. Mind you he's hardly going to say that we've offered him less, is he ;).
    Just remember, our budget will probably be the smallest in the league again so Shels must be offering fairly low wages as well.

Thank God we finally are back to the days of low wages, there's a lot less prima donnas in the league as a result.

He rejected a contract supposedly off us, but he's holding out.

Your budget 15% less than last season supposedly, but it's the nice bonuses you's are offering which attracted players last season and this season.

Our budget is going down around 30% if what is said is true, so €3.5k-€4k at a guess, won't know 100% till the Fans' Forum.

but it's the nice bonuses you's are offering .
    That'll clinch it so. Hear Philly is partial to a box or two of Hunky Dory's. Its Tayto as well, if we get past a round in Europe.

• Advertisement

That'll clinch it so. Hear Philly is partial to a box or two of Hunky Dory's. Its Tayto as well, if we get past a round in Europe.

Still dont believe this crap about Hunkys Dorys in Hunky Dory Park, never once did they have any in stock.

Disgraceful tbh should be fecked out of the league for false advertising, Nolan out!!!!

Our budget is more than twice Shels :o

Still dont believe this crap about Hunkys Dorys in Hunky Dory Park, never once did they have any in stock.

Disgraceful tbh should be fecked out of the league for false advertising, Nolan out!!!!

Who is Nolan?? Is it Philip?
    he is leaving :D

Who is Nolan?? Is it Philip?
    he is leaving :D

Really? hmmm wouldnt him coming back to us, very good at what he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Any word on who could be new Limerick boss?
    Sher Roddy could do the two Jobs

Gary O neil signs for drogs...

thank ****

thank ****
    Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Link?

On Twitter:
    @PFAIOfficial: Gary O'Neill another excellent signing for Drogheda....really good squads being put together in loi.

Confirmed signings for next season:
    Gabriel Sava
    Stephen Quigley
    Derek Prendergast
    Brian Gannon
    Philip Hand
    Eric Foley
    Gavin Brennan
    Micheal Schlingermann
    Cathal Brady
    Declan O Brien
    Gary O Neill

Pat's - 1,474
    Shels - 1,187

Average attendances for last season and you've twice our budget? With potentially losing money on Europe if your luck there continues? Buckley has his backers with him, doesn't he? :D

thank ****

Hopefully that's their Hughes bid gone.

Pat's - 1,474
    Shels - 1,187

Average attendances for last season and you've twice our budget? With potentially losing money on Europe if your luck there continues? Buckley has his backers with him, doesn't he? :D

Well, we're cutting back a good bit, they made good money from Europe last season, so I don't see the issue.

After all, gate money is only apparently 20-25% of clubs' revenue so it's how well clubs are doing bringing in bread elsewhere that is crucial, and I don't think we're doing too well on that front.

• Advertisement

Bolger to Sligo :(
    Murphy to Rovers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement