Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brennan has to start ahead of Byrne I reckon.

Forrester in the middle (doubt he will be a pats player) too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Waterford United's top scorer from last season, 18 year old Sean Maguire is expected to join West Ham.
    Great move for the lad. One of the best players I've seen play at the RSC in my 10 years watching LOI. Have no doubt whatsoever that he'll be successful in the UK. Expect to see him in an Ireland shirt within 3-4 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2239488/Sean-Maguire-West-Ham-target.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

blue-army wrote: »
    Waterford United's top scorer from last season, 18 year old Sean Maguire is expected to join West Ham.
    Great move for the lad. One of the best players I've seen play at the RSC in my 10 years watching LOI. Have no doubt whatsoever that he'll be successful in the UK. Expect to see him in an Ireland shirt within 3-4 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2239488/Sean-Maguire-West-Ham-target.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Exceptional young talent. Waterford wouldn't have got near the playoffs last season without him. Great to see a LOI player attracting interest from overseas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Towell is far too good for Shels. What would Matthews be wanting with a midfielder that can play football?
    He played right-full for Hibs.
    CSF wrote: »
    Probably not true. I can't imagine we can get near someone who was playing a decent amount for a top half SPL team last year.
    No he wasn't? He struggled to get into a Hibs team fighting against relegation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Peter Taylor is linked with the Limerick job.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Peter Taylor is linked with the Limerick job.
    Interesting. Very experienced, but he had a very mixed record over here.

Barry Murphy signed for rovers a week after having a medical. Anyone know why he failed?

Rovers continue the signing policy of players that have played for them already. Fans must be loving that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Barry Murphy signed for rovers a week after having a medical. Anyone know why he failed?

Rovers continue the signing policy of players that have played for them already. Fans must be loving that.

Nothing better, I swear. Bringing Conor Powell back was another kick up the jaxxy for most of us. The young fellah from UCD is at least promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

djpbarry wrote: »
    Interesting. Very experienced, but he had a very mixed record over here.

It might kickstart his career.The Limerick job was a good start for Sam Allardyce.

Does anyone know if they got the go ahead to play in Thomand Park?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

How many have they signed now that played for them the year they were relegated?

It might kickstart his career.The Limerick job was a good start for Sam Allardyce.
    Not quite the same thing. Limerick was Allardyce's first job (as player-manager) when he was in his late 30's. Taylor's nearly 60 - bit late to be starting anything when retirement's only a few years away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Not quite the same thing. Limerick was Allardyce's first job (as player-manager) when he was in his late 30's. Taylor's nearly 60 - bit late to be starting anything when retirement's only a few years away.

I'd say Rhys Essien might have been referring to Les Ferdinand who was mentioned in the Limerick Leader article as well. Taylor's been in the management game for the bones of 25 year at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How many have they signed now that played for them the year they were relegated?

Quigley, Murphy, Robinson (maybe)

Rico and Kenny Eyebrows in the running for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

As I said its the basis. With Boco, Quigley and Mcguiness all gone we should have a nice bit left over to fill the squad with quality.

My original point though was that I don't see where that quality is going to come from. It's all good having the funds to sign the players, but if there are none available or none willing to move to the LOI then it's pointless.

dfx- wrote: »
    Quigley, Murphy, Robinson (maybe)
    Mcguiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We've signed Jack Memery, how much did he play for Rovers, was he upto much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

CSF wrote: »
    We've signed Jack Memery, how much did he play for Rovers, was he upto much?
    Always hoped he'd get more of a look in tbh. He could be another we end up signing back in the near future.

• Advertisement

[LAWRO_VOICE]I tell you what...[/LAWRO_VOICE]

...it's shaping up to be one hell of a competitive league for 2013. Sligo and Pats will be at the business end of things again, I expect Rovers and Derry to put on a better show than they did this year and I can see Cork having a bigger say in proceedings too. Drogs will be hoping to build on this year's success and then there's the relatively unknown quantity that is Limerick.

Interesting times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

I am not so sure about sligo, we seem to have been left behind in transfer market, no word on ventre yet either, we need to move, we had most of our dealings done this time last year,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

We signed Quigley and North in December if I remember rightly

gustavo wrote: »

Griffin about the best of whats available now but requires a transfer fee i think.

Btw we have 5 possibly more to come ex UCD signings.

How many does your club? How many does England have playing pro football?

They quite good at what they do tbh.

Did we, thats a relief, but problem is most good players seem to be snapped up now, although McMillan and Marty waters would do nicely,

Buckley trying to assemble 3 squads of 11 quality players in order to compete in 1) League, 2) Cup and 3) Europe? No way you can f*ck it up with 33+ signings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Noel Haverty has re-signed with the Town! COME ON!

Griffin about the best of whats available now but requires a transfer fee i think.

How many does your club? How many does England have playing pro football?

They quite good at what they do tbh.

We're hoping Danny Ventre and Raff Cretaro sign up anyway , hopefully Brush Davoren and Millien too.

We've a history of getting good players from the UK anwyay so I'm definitely not getting too worried just yet. A good striker and centre back and the above 2 signing up and I'd be pleased enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

We're hoping Danny Ventre and Raff Cretaro sign up anyway , hopefully Brush Davoren and Millien too.

We've a history of getting good players from the UK anwyay so I'm definitely not getting too worried just yet. A good striker and centre back and the above 2 signing up and I'd be pleased enough.
    rather not sign those two and spend the wages else where.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    rather not sign those two and spend the wages else where.

What, ventre was one of our best players and raf is a good squad player

He's referring to Dav and Millien I think. I'd have them both back. Dav was great for us the last couple of years , just needs to be fully fit. Pascal while lightweight can be effective as a squad player though I'm not sure about him as a starting player.

• Advertisement

hugo29 wrote: »
    What, ventre was one of our best players and raf is a good squad player
    He's referring to Dav and Millien I think. I'd have them both back. Dav was great for us the last couple of years , just needs to be fully fit. Pascal while lightweight can be effective as a squad player though I'm not sure about him as a starting player.
    correct. had a terrible start to the season then spent most of it injured.

i agree with you on pascal.

I was impressed by Millien - good old-fashioned tricky winger.

I was impressed by Millien - good old-fashioned tricky winger.
    a one trick pony.

Buckley trying to assemble 3 squads of 11 quality players in order to compete in 1) League, 2) Cup and 3) Europe? No way you can f*ck it up with 33+ signings...

We have 16 players 1st team players and 4 from under 19s.

We need 2 more so the same as last year.

Ventre not Harps bound?
    We have 16 players 1st team players and 4 from under 19s.

We need 2 more so the same as last year.

You said possibly 5 from UCD, now it's you need 2 more? :confused:

You said possibly 5 from UCD, now it's you need 2 more? :confused:

Mc Faul
    Bolger
    Kenna
    Meenan
    Byrne

possibly more ex UCD

Ventre not Harps bound?

What playing the harp

Yes agree millien decent squad player

Conor Murphy signing for us rumouringly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Ventre not Harps bound?:
    would love that but have heard nothing on if from our end... Nothing on the forum at all either... Although if id seen this earlier id have asked joey O'Leary when he was at the bar, bugger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cretaro is rumoured to be our No.1 target this close season (thats Derry City btw).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Aaron Greene signs back with Sligo Rovers, funny how does family ties disappear when you sit on a bench for most of a season.

Foran signed for Rovers.

wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ex Cork City forward Dave Mooney on ESPN playing for Leyton Orient if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

overshoot wrote: »
    would love that but have heard nothing on if from our end... Nothing on the forum at all either... Although if id seen this earlier id have asked joey O'Leary when he was at the bar, bugger

T'was a joke posted on the Rovers facebook that someone posted on foot thinking it was a legit rumour.
    DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Aaron Greene signs back with Sligo Rovers, funny how does family ties disappear when you sit on a bench for most of a season.

Top signing. A bench warmer for the team that finished 4th last year :rolleyes:.

Yeah, we're not winning anything next year with this team.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    T'was a joke posted on the Rovers facebook that someone posted on foot thinking it was a legit rumour.

Top signing. A bench warmer for the team that finished 4th last year :rolleyes:.

Yeah, we're not winning anything next year with this team.

Greene a good player just not given chance at shams, good squad man,makes me wonder though, who is in charge of transfers, how would bara know anything about Greene,
    Tbh I also heard raf was Derry bound last October, in search of game time

Davoren re-signed too. Coming together nicely.

Foran signed for Rovers.

wow

A move to Rovers over a move to the US? Jesus!

Jack Memery (ex-Rovers) and Paul Crowley (ex-Drogs) signed up for us.

A move to Rovers over a move to the US? Jesus!
    The US is still a footballing no-mans-land. Far better chance of securing a move to a bigger club from Ireland than there is from the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paul Crowley, Dean Kelly and Adam Hanlon confirmed for us.

Any Bray fans able to give us an insight into Hanlon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement