Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Dean Delaney rumoured to have signed for us!

I heard that name somewhere alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

markc1184 wrote: »
    Good move for clubs with large colleges or universities close by. Are Pats still linked with NUI Maynooth?

yup

altho one of our scholars signed for Athlone :confused:

Jake Carroll is the other, smashing player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fixtures on 22nd December...any chance of league starting on 28th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yup

My mate was the Maynooth GK while Jake was playing LB for them, he had been with Sporting Fingal and was supposed to sign for Pats too but I dont know what happened with that. Even then you could see Jake was head and shoulders above the other lads. Very composed for his age and delighted to see him doing well now for Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

yup

who signed for Athlone can I ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Link up with UCC & Cork City FC announced today.

http://thedailyshift.com/2012/12/10/university-college-cork-and-cork-city-fc-announce-four-year-partnership/

We are not the first club to do this but something that was long overdue down here. Roddy was talking about a similar initiative with the IT in Athlone on Newstalk. We've seen how successful UCD have been over the years. Might be the difference in a few young players signing for us in the next few years.

More Positive news. :)

All clubs should have some link up with a college, especially "County" clubs.

Posted that here weeks ago! :D Guessing Fred Davis had some involvement, hoping he gets back to his best after Matthews ruined him, chap had nothing but Shels in his mind when he was looking at his last few seasons before retiring which didn't materialise due to Mr.Matthews.

who signed for Athlone can I ask?

Guessing he's on about Niall Lanigan. Athlone also signed Paul Skinner and Barry Clancy from ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Posted that here weeks ago! :D Guessing Fred Davis had some involvement, hoping he gets back to his best after Matthews ruined him, chap had nothing but Shels in his mind when he was looking at his last few seasons before retiring which didn't materialise due to Mr.Matthews.

Matthews didn't ruin him Gav. He deserved to be dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mushy wrote: »
    Fixtures on 22nd December...any chance of league starting on 28th?

I do not believe for one second that the league fixtures will be out this early. The LOI are not that organised. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

They'll release fixtures, then half the teams won't get the appropriate license.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

gimmick wrote: »
    I do not believe for one second that the league fixtures will be out this early. The LOI are not that organised. Ever.

Saw it on the loiblog, so just going by that. Cant see why they wouldn't be announced now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Saw it on the loiblog, so just going by that. Cant see why they wouldn't be announced now.
    maybe because theres still only 7 teams in D1? all talk about team 8 seems to have dried up although cobh did seem very close, you would expect something if it was a done deal.

anyway if they did you could expect it to go like this if they do it on the 22nd; fixtures, licences, 18 clubs or something below the existing awarded... 6 team D1, FAI say **** them and new fixtures, eventually realise it will kill the 6 and decide to make 1 tier, new fixtures
    ?
    ?
    profit (or other clubs go the the wall spending money they dont have)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

All clubs should have some link up with a college, especially "County" clubs.

My mate in college said the same thing a while ago as well. Must be something about LOI sources within IT Tallaght :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

gimmick wrote: »

The 2012 Premier Division fixtures were released on the 22nd of December last year, but the First Division ones weren't out until the end of January. They'll probably just release the PD fixtures again.

Heard our licence was questioned due to the Euro money being used.

Would assume thats what its there for....to be used to get better players for next season rather than relying on made up possible attendances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Guessing he's on about Niall Lanigan. Athlone also signed Paul Skinner and Barry Clancy from ourselves.

how would you rate these lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The fixture committee will hardly have a bit of sense re the fixtures this season and have the 4 European entrants playing each other the 1st weekend of the season and/or have them have a home game the weekend of the first round games?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Good grief, he is pony.
    From what I've seen no better than McNulty. Maybe better than Sexton if only because Delaney could probably manage to kick snow off a rope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Heard our licence was questioned due to the Euro money being used.

Would assume thats what its there for....to be used to get better players for next season rather than relying on made up possible attendances.
    Prize money from one season cannot be considered turnover for the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hearing that Cobh will be the 8th team in the league next season. Apparently they will operate as an amateur club until any money owed to former players is paid in full. So frustrating that they couldn't find a way to get Galway into the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hearing that Cobh will be the 8th team in the league next season. Apparently they will operate as an amateur club until any money owed to former players is paid in full. So frustrating that they couldn't find a way to get Galway into the league.
    Delighted if Cobh rejoin. As for Galway, it is a great little city, but 3 teams based there would mean 6 visits a year in an 8 team league in addition to possible cup draws :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

oldyouth wrote: »
    Delighted if Cobh rejoin. As for Galway, it is a great little city, but 3 teams based there would mean 6 visits a year in an 8 team league in addition to possible cup draws :o

I meant get rid of the other two and have one Galway club! :P

how would you rate these lads?

Clancy is ok, was decent back up for us in all fairness, wouldn't have rated him a 1st teamer. Played a stormer for us in the 2011 Cup Final before he got sent off!

Always thought Cobh had potential, great away end too.

See that Massey has gone from Bray to Dundalk. While I think he is replaceable, its annoying thats theres no news of players coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I meant get rid of the other two and have one Galway club! :P

Now that sounds like a plan ;)

However, if you achieve that, Division 1 will need at least 2 other entrants from other regions and not many are showing interest. Worse still, the FAI aren't encouraging anyone to join

This lad coming to us supposedly http://bsmg.ie/1/niall-burdon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

This lad coming to us supposedly http://bsmg.ie/1/niall-burdon

He's been my keeper for past 6 seasons for Dundalk in football manager! :p

Great signing!

Fixtures on Wednesday at midday now apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Fixtures on Wednesday at midday now apparently.

Yep, there's actually a countdown to it on the Airtricity League's homepage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yep, there's actually a countdown to it on the Airtricity League's homepage

Wonder why that is? Must be when the 10 grand entry fee is expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry Citys Stephen McLaughling expected to go to Forest tomorrow to discuss an imminent move.

He will be a big loss to us, and indeed the league, but good luck to him.

Price resign for pats.

Rumour Patterson let go/sacked from Derry

Yeah that rumour about Patterson doing the rounds up here the last couple of days.

Meant to be something he did on a night out drinking.

It will be a major blow if he has been sacked, as I think he is one of the leagues top strikers and we need him badly for this coming season.

Lets hope its just a rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yeah that rumour about Patterson doing the rounds up here the last couple of days.

Meant to be something he did on a night out drinking.

It will be a major blow if he has been sacked, as I think he is one of the leagues top strikers and we need him badly for this coming season.

Lets hope its just a rumour.
    ah here..

You don't agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

to go by last season no.

in no order

quigley
    north
    twigg
    fagen
    fabio
    mcDaid
    cretaro
    jason Byrne

would be the few that come straight to my mind from last season and im sure im missing a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

shanec1928 wrote: »
    to go by last season no.

in no order

quigley
    north
    twigg
    fagen
    fabio
    mcDaid
    cretaro
    jason Byrne

and thats me probably forgetting a few.

would be the few that come straight to my mind from last season and im sure im missing a few.
    Philly Hughes has to be in there.

in fairness 17 people have more league goals than him this year, including 2 at derry...
    i think he is a good player but a top striker in the league... no

He missed most of last season ffs, give him a break!
    He scored for us in big games too. 2 goals in the Setanta final and 2 goals in the FAI Cup Final.

If he had stayed fully fit he would have been chasing the top scorer title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

To be fair he probably is one of the top strikers in the league. Twigg is gone, Mcdaid may go too. Theres not that many great strikers about.

he did miss a good chunk of the season so goal charts probably was a bit inaccurate and harsh on him
    agile myth probably has a point... outside of 2 or 3 though there isnt many top strikers in the league

overshoot, that link you had to the top scorers was of 04/09/12.

I think most teams played about 7 more league games after that.

you may be right
    i did think it was a bit low for him... but i chose to believe it as it helped my point :o damn google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Colin Healy signs up for another season down here.

Fingers crossed he can stay fit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Oman signed up for Rovers also. Don't know where I heard it (probably this thread :pac:) but Kilbane is linked with the Limerick job.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Oman signed up for Rovers also. Don't know where I heard it (probably this thread :pac:) but Kilbane is linked with the Limerick job.

Kilbane was talking about the Limerick job on the Late Late actually. Can't remember what he said though, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Kilbane was talking about the Limerick job on the Late Late actually. Can't remember what he said though, sorry!

Afair, he didn't rule it out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Fixtures out Wednesday at 12 - http://www.airtricityleague.ie/

harps resign 5 more of last years squad in mchugh, funston, gallagher, duffy and mcMonagle (signed a full deal after being here on loan last season)
    ciaran gallagher is still just 21 and looking at reaching 100caps this year

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

McMillan apparentyl set for Hibs

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_set_to_sign_bohemians_defender_evan_mcmillan_773715/index.shtml
    Hibs are said to be close to signing Bohemians defender Evan McMillan.

The 26-year-old has been on trial at East Mains, and Hibs boss Pat Fenlon is said to be keen to tie the player up after he impressed.

Hibs have set-up a trial game this week against unknown opposition, but should McMillan come through that and pass a medical, he should become a Hibs player.

What's not clear is if he is a free agent, or wether the Hibees would have to wait until the January transfer window opens to land the player.

The 6ft 3in Dubliner is predominantly a centre half, but he can also play as a centre forward, and finished as Bohs' top goalscorer last season after his manager switched his position midway through the season.

McMillan has also previously played for UCD and St Patrick's Athletic.

He has played over 200 games in Ireland so he would come to Easter Road with plenty experience.

Would have been an excellent signing for one of the top clubs over here

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement