Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shels are replacing all their white players with black players?

You'll need to be a bit less cryptic I'm afraid...

Shell-ey?

Dont get the 2nd one my self as the player is meant to be Heary.

I would have went with:

lankayan_chopperpad.jpg

ear.jpg

ecstasy.jpg

Unless its a reference to Shels and black and white? :confused:

ONYD wins anyway and is todays Cryptic Champion :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ecstasy.jpg

I never knew Lacoste did their own pills. You learn something new every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Shell-ey?

Dont get the 2nd one my self as the player is meant to be Heary.

Unless its a reference to Shels and black and white? :confused:

ONYD wins anyway and is todays Cryptic Champion :pac:

Grey Im guessing. Highest ever hourly rate in the league? Altho the rovers fans on foolie seem to think cronin is one. Doesnt really matter, itll come out in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Only now do I get the reference in the images now ha. I thought it was the one player being described. The Shell and the Grey, it all makes sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

AFAIK we can rule out Gray, but you can never be 100% sure with the sources in this league. Have been told several names, but can't disclose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Monaghan are rumoured to have signed Shane Barrett from us.

Wayne Hatswell (Dundalk player/assistant manager) has left the club by mutual consent.
    Has he played for Foras before ?
    He hasn't played for a fans-owned City yet but he has played for City when we had various other owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    He hasn't played for a fans-owned City yet but he has played for City when we had various other owners.
    Different club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

stovelid wrote: »
    Of course they're owed their money and I hope they get it but don't anybody pretend they'd be buying drinks for somebody who finished off your club over a wage dispute.

It will be ironic if one of the players involved is one of those stupidly bought at the start of the season though.

I heard the two players "couldn't take their oil" if you know what I mean.
    Anyway, they could not be blamed for finishing off their club. They had already taken a pay cut. The only ones to blame are those who spent money that they hadn't got. You would think that clubs would have learned enough lessons by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CSF wrote: »
    Different club.

Not in the Land of Make Believe.

• Advertisement

Different club.

That's factually incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

ll post two random images. Draw from them whatever you want.

shell.jpg

grey_scale.gif

Rumour has it you're correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Its factually correct. Cork city folded .

Its factually correct. Cork city folded .

The holding company "Cork City Investments FC Ltd." was wound up, the club continued. You show a clear lack of understanding of the situation. Poor windup attempt. Next you'll be telling everyone that SSC Napoli was founded in 2004 and Maradona never played for the club.

The holding company "Cork City Investments FC Ltd." was wound up, the club continued. You show a clear lack of understanding of the situation. Poor windup attempt.
    I think you're talking through your hoop to be honest. Why the relegation then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

BOHtox wrote: »
    Rumour has it you're correct
    About?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

djpbarry wrote: »
    About?

Ya know:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

So while we are all in agreement in so far as that nobody really knows who the players are other than idle speculation. Does anyone have details about when and how this will all play out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

iregk wrote: »
    So while we are all in agreement in so far as that nobody really knows who the players are other than idle speculation. Does anyone have details about when and how this will all play out?

Bohs will play in the top league without punishment!! Simples!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Theyll get their money in mid January presumably when Dublin City pay up, guessing Greys career is over and Shelley wants a coach/player job in Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

The holding company "Cork City Investments FC Ltd." was wound up, the club continued. You show a clear lack of understanding of the situation. Poor windup attempt. Next you'll be telling everyone that SSC Napoli was founded in 2004 and Maradona never played for the club.

Horse manure. FORAS were set up as a completely new club.

• Advertisement

Horse manure. FORAS were set up as a completely new club.

FORAS is a supporters' trust that own Cork City Football Club, it was a similar situation to Napoli:
    The most recent (name) change was in 2004, when the club went bankrupt but was refounded by film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis as Napoli Soccer; he restored the name to Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli in early 2006.

Was S.S.C. Napoli founded in 2004 and Maradona never played for the club that is currently 2nd in Serie A?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

/hopes for rumours

stovelid wrote: »
    /hopes for rumours

Stevie Sideways signing for ye from Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The holding company "Cork City Investments FC Ltd." was wound up, the club continued.
    What was the name of the entity which was transferred to FORAS from Cork City Investments FC? When was the court judgement which transferred ownership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

at this stage who gives a crap...this is about rumours not what name cork are using now...

CiaranC wrote: »
    What was the name of the entity which was transferred to FORAS from Cork City Investments FC? When was the court judgement which transferred ownership?

This was all sorted way earlier in the year, finalised in June I think, and "Cork City Football Club" was returned to its rightful owners, the fans. There was an announcement on the official website and on our solicitors website and I'd say it was in a few of the papers too. It was a very similar situation to Napoli as outlined above.

This was all sorted way earlier in the year, finalised in June I think, and "Cork City Football Club" was returned to its rightful owners, the fans. There was an announcement on the official website and on our solicitors website and I'd say it was in a few of the papers too. It was a very similar situation to Napoli as outlined above.
    No, the name was returned to the fans and the history was purchased. Unfortunately though, in real terms you can not purchase a football club that has already ceased to exist. If I went out now, and purchased the rights to Gretna and all their history, I would not own the same club that went out of business previously.

No, the name was returned to the fans and the history was purchased. Unfortunately though, in real terms you can not purchase a football club that has already ceased to exist. If I went out now, and purchased the rights to Gretna and all their history, I would not own the same club that went out of business previously.

The situation is almost exactly the same as Napoli. You think that S.S.C. Napoli was founded in 2004 and Maradona never played for the club that is currently 2nd in Serie A? You clearly don't understand the liquidation process if you think the club ceased to exist. It was effectively a change in holding company, Shels have done the whole changing holding company thing too. Ditto for Napoli. The difference is ourselves and Napoli had to change our name temporarily due to company's going bust. You really are obsessed with us. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

So the "2010" displayed on your clubs current crest is wrong then? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Who gives a flying fcuk if its Cork City, Cork City Foras CO-OP, S.S.C Cork, Dynamo Cork or FC Internazionale Cork. Its the team we all recognise as the Cork City! Thats all that matters. You're all just dick swinging at this stage!

• Advertisement

So the "2010" displayed on your clubs current crest is wrong then? :rolleyes:

That's not our crest anymore, that was a temporary change like "Cork City FORAS Co-op" instead of "Cork City Football Club, or "Napoli Soccer" instead of "S.S.C. Napoli".

Who gives a flying fcuk if its Cork City, Cork City Foras CO-OP, S.S.C Cork, Dynamo Cork or FC Internazionale Cork. Its the team we all recognise as the Cork City! Thats all that matters. You're all just dick swinging at this stage!

Its just shels fans sussing out Turners Cross availability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So rumour has it Cork City may or may not be Cork City?

Any actual other rumours going 'round or what?

dsmythy wrote: »
    So rumour has it Cork City may or may not be Cork City?

Mc Cabe to rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dsmythy wrote: »

Ronan Finn and Gary O'Neill won't be leaving Fingal is what I've been told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

What or who is the source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's not and all your whinging won't change that fact.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/electric-launch-to-new-season-2082480.html

The FAI recognised the new Derry City and Cork City Foras Co-op earlier this year as brand new clubs when they entered the league.

The fact that the new Derry City had bought the name of the old club made no difference to the FAI-it is a new club. Ditto Cork City Foras Co-op which has now changed its name.

Dry your eyes.

And roll on year 116 for the Reds. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mc Cabe to rovers.
    thats being more so a done deal since before christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Finn has a year left on his contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The situation is almost exactly the same as Napoli. You think that S.S.C. Napoli was founded in 2004 and Maradona never played for the club that is currently 2nd in Serie A? You clearly don't understand the liquidation process if you think the club ceased to exist. It was effectively a change in holding company, Shels have done the whole changing holding company thing too. Ditto for Napoli. The difference is ourselves and Napoli had to change our name temporarily due to company's going bust. You really are obsessed with us. :D
    Either way, Cork City, and the way the club was run, is a disgrace to Irish football in general. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Gary O'Neill has signed for Shamrock Rovers, so he's already gone.

Ronan Finn has another year on his contract, so won't be leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Rumours that a certain right back might have followed Sean Connor to the west.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It's not and all your whinging won't change that fact.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/electric-launch-to-new-season-2082480.html

The FAI recognised the new Derry City and Cork City Foras Co-op earlier this year as brand new clubs when they entered the league.

The fact that the new Derry City had bought the name of the old club made no difference to the FAI-it is a new club. Ditto Cork City Foras Co-op which has now changed its name.

Dry your eyes.

And roll on year 116 for the Reds. :cool:
    It is factually correct. That was necessary for legal reasons just as it was for Napoli. The situation we found ourselves in was very similar to Napoli, and the name change was necessary as it was for Napoli, had to be done for legal reasons. I can't believe you think S.S.C. Napoli was founded in 2004 and that Maradona never played for the team that is currently 2nd in Serie A. Keep clutching at straws kid, I don't even understand why this is such a big deal for you. Is Cork City all Shels fans talk about? I wouldn't be surprised! :D

blue-army wrote: »
    Either way, Cork City, and the way the club was run, is a disgrace to Irish football in general. :D
    The way the club was run from around 2008-2009 was a disgrace, the club itself isn't. I don't see why you think it's funny, it damaged the league. The way that all the LoI clubs that had (or have) financial problems damaged the image of the league doesn't really warrant a :D smiley, it's terrible for Irish football.

It is factually correct. That was necessary for legal reasons just as it was for Napoli. The situation we found ourselves in was very similar to Napoli, and the name change was necessary as it was for Napoli, had to be done for legal reasons. I can't believe you think S.S.C. Napoli was founded in 2004 and that Maradona never played for the team that is currently 2nd in Serie A. Keep clutching at straws kid, I don't even understand why this is such a big deal for you. Is Cork City all Shels fans talk about? I wouldn't be surprised! :D
    Was the Cork situation by any chance similar to the Napoli situation?

Was the Cork situation by any chance similar to the Napoli situation?

It was yeah, good to see you get it now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What or who is the source?
    Paulw wrote: »
    Gary O'Neill has signed for Shamrock Rovers, so he's already gone.

Well a certain Fingal player seems to think O'Neill won't be leaving anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's funny how shels fans think we give a crap what they think :D. Shels are a nothing club now anyway. The club and their 12 fans will be in the wilderness for years to come.

It's funny how shels fans think we give a crap what they think :D. Shels are a nothing club now anyway. The club and their 12 fans will be in the wilderness for years to come.
    And what are Cork, apart from being very similar to Napoli?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

And what are Cork, apart from being very similar to Napoli?

We're one of the many clubs who will be promoted ahead of shels in the coming seasons.

We're one of the many clubs who will be promoted ahead of shels in the coming seasons.
    Doubt it, lets not forget our unbeaten record against the new club, and an unbeaten record against Napoli to the best of my knowledge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement