Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

kksaints wrote: »
    Only a move for Glen Fitzpatrick could be worth such secrecy.

Nah, just nothing signed yet but the contract has been offered, the player seems to want to go for it, but there are 3 other clubs after him as well but wants to go where he'll get the most game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

IN

Ken Oman (Shamrock)
    Conor McCormack (Shamrock)
    Lee Lynch (Sligo)
    Jame Chambers (Shamrock)

RE-SIGNED

Brendan Clarke
    Ger O'Brien
    Ian Bermingham
    Lorcan Fitzgerald
    Kenny Brown
    Sean Hoare
    Greg Bolger
    Killian Brennan
    Conan Byrne
    Daryl Kavanagh
    Christy Fagan
    Peter Durrad

UNDER CONTRACT
    Rene Gilmartin (to end 2014)

OUT
    Anto Flood (Australia)
    Sean Gannon (Dundalk)
    Conor Kenna (5th placed Rovers)
    Shane McFaul (released)
    Aidan Price (Bohs)
    John Russell (FAI/Sligo)

Wingers and striker next please.

Is bisto playing ball in Australia or just off gallivanting like the rest of our young people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    He's the youth development officer or something at Esker Celtic. I'd imagine it's temporary, untill he gets offered another LoI position

Could be that, waiting on Russell to move.
    Seaneh wrote: »

Heard a rumour of a forward signing for us in the next few days but don't want to say anything too publicly just yet.

Dean Kelly?
    Only a move for Glen Fitzpatrick could be worth such secrecy.

Would love him back, just for his 2004 Lille antics in Lansdowne!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Would love him back, just for his 2004 Lille antics in Lansdowne!

He was truely dire with us. Ive never seen a team improve so much with one sub when he was taken off in the Sovetov home match.

He was truely dire with us. Ive never seen a team improve so much with one sub when he was taken off in the Sovetov home match.

He was dire, but those two moments of magic in a very wet Lansdowne make up for everything!

Is bisto playing ball in Australia or just off gallivanting like the rest of our young people?

Gallivanting, wouldnt be shocked if hes playing for us in march.

Dean Kelly?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Heard a rumour of a forward signing for us in the next few days but don't want to say anything too publicly just yet.
    Then don't. What is the point in saying anything then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Better hope Martin Russell doesn't get that Rovers reserves role, Aaron Callaghan is lined up for UCD since the end of the season as they expected Russell to end up elsewhere. AC has moved to the LSL recently afaik mind you.

I think Aaron Callaghan took up a Director of Football role Esker Celtic
    From what I'm hearing there's another ex-Athlone Town manager in the frame for UCD job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

€15-€20K compo to Cork if Horgan signs.

That reminds me.

Hey Derry,cough up for Griffin !

http://talkofthetown.ie/2013/12/05/horgan-signing-complicated-by-compensation-issue/

Don't Derry have a bit of prior history of not paying the compensation they owe?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/7893243.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/7900285.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry don't owe money for Griffin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Athlone's team so far:

Paul Skinner
    Craig Sexton
    Alan Byrne
    David Brookes
    Conor McMahon
    Derek Prendergast
    Aidan Collins
    Barry Clancy
    James O’Brien
    Sean Brennan
    Graham Rusk
    Jason Marks
    Mark Hughes
    Philly Gorman
    John Mulroy

Playing up north?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Playing up north?

nope.

CSF wrote: »
    Then don't. What is the point in saying anything then?

Because moody fecks like obviously get annoyed about it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Russell and Brush.

Yup. Good to have both of them. The players seem to love having Brush in the dressing room and Russell is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

John Russell and Richard Brush are in the Sligo Rovers club shop signing contracts.

Two good additions to what looks a very good squad.

Because moody fecks like obviously get annoyed about it :rolleyes:

You arent making sense. Seriously like, what is the point in posting to say you know something but arent going to tell everyone?

You arent making sense. Seriously like, what is the point in posting to say you know something but arent going to tell everyone?

Because I was posting the Athlone Squad so far and threw in that another striker will be added soon but don't want to make him yet because (1) he hasn't actually signed yet so could in theory go somewhere else, and (2) I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I know a player who's gonna sign for someone, won't say who though, just incase, won't mention him(or her?) either, I'll confirm who it is when the signing happens with someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

SantryRed wrote: »
    I know a player who's gonna sign for someone, won't say who though, just incase, won't mention him(or her?) either, I'll confirm who it is when the signing happens with someone.

Take a chill pill dude.

Some lads on here, as ever, need a large dose of "get the **** over yourself".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

The Drogs are running a modified/hybrid version of last man standing and prediction league.

All details here

€2 per week, everyone stays in for the full 10 weeks. Points awarded if your selected team wins and bonus points for a clean sheet / big win. You can only select a team once.

Overall winner gets €1,000.
    Money can be paid online, obviously the only option for those outside Drogheda.

I've challenged all my "barstool" mates and told them I know more about the premiership than they do :D

Some lads on here, as ever, need a large dose of "get the **** over yourself".

Your post is absolutely stupid man. You've basically said nothing. I'm just taking the piss outta it. You need to chill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Your post is absolutely stupid man. You've basically said nothing. I'm just taking the piss outta it. You need to chill out.

His post wasn't stupid. He said he heard a rumour of a striker signing for Athlone. This is a bloody rumour thread.

Your post on the other hand was stupid. It was nothing like what he said at all. He named a team and what type of player they might be signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Oat23 wrote: »
    His post wasn't stupid. He said he heard a rumour of a striker signing for Athlone. This is a bloody rumour thread.

Your post on the other hand was stupid. It was nothing like what he said at all. He named a team and what type of player they might be signing.

But if its a rumour whats the harm in saying who it is? The soccer forum doesn't have a points system or anything if he gets it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I laugh at posters frequently freaking out over rumours posted here as if its an attack on their club.

Same old faces too.

Rumours, that's all they are.

Stephen Elliot is a free agent and rumouringly wants to move back to Ireland. He 29!!! thought he was much older.

Rovers want a 5th 1st choice striker?

All teams sign strikers...

bohsboy wrote: »
    I laugh at posters frequently freaking out over rumours posted here as if its an attack on their club.

Same old faces too.

Rumours, that's all they are.
    This isn't a rumour though. This is fact. Athlone will sign a striker.

• Advertisement

Should be a 1st Division LOI rumours thread tbh

This isn't a rumour though. This is fact. Athlone will sign a striker.

They have signed 4 already and have Ian Sweeney as well. The player I'm talking about is a proven premier division level forward who has been playing at that level and scored goals for the last few seasons.
    And the reason I haven't named him is because I don't want to have my source labled a liar if fir whatever reason he doesn't sign for Athlone.

They have signed 4 already and have Ian Sweeney as well. The player I'm talking about is a proven premier division level forward who has been playing at that level and scored goals for the last few seasons.
    And the reason I haven't named him is because I don't want to have my source labled a liar if fir whatever reason he doesn't sign for Athlone.

if he does he does its the way it goes for instance North spoke to Pats then denied it. Do I believe North no.....I believe the club person who told me the offer and I agree with North looking to get the best deal for himself. Which he did cos we not even close to Sligos offer.

Its the LOI within a 5 minute walk of my house are 7 1st team LOI players and Rovers manager. My son played in the same league as Fenlons kid its a small world.

Its why this thread has the Rumours part in the title a certain clubs fans does not seem to understand what the word Rumour means.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    if he does he does its the way it goes for instance North spoke to Pats then denied it. Do I believe North no.....I believe the club person who told me the offer and I agree with North looking to get the best deal for himself. Which he did cos we not even close to Sligos offer.
    You have no idea what we've offered North or any other player.

Was that the same club person who told you North had signed for you? Maybe you should get a new 'source'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Boards posters referring to their 'sources' is and always will be cringeworthy beyond belief!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone know when the fixtures are out. Strange haven't seen Danny Ventre sign for anyone yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Its why this thread has the Rumours part in the title a certain clubs fans does not seem to understand what the word Rumour means.

bit hard to read posts which consist of

"Dur, player signed for a club not SPA dur that other club offered mad money"

or

"herp, player signed for SPA coz SPA are deadly, not because of money, derp"

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Anyone know when the fixtures are out. Strange haven't seen Danny Ventre sign for anyone yet.

Usually around Christmas isn't it?

Yeah but why not just name the player? It doesn't make sense at all.

• Advertisement

Yeah but why not just name the player? It doesn't make sense at all.

Because I don't want to.

Get over it ffs.

Ba_B0tRIcAAs4ov.jpg:large

Chambers suffered from depression last year, fair play to him for coming out and talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

They have signed 4 already and have Ian Sweeney as well...

Sweeney hasn't signed yet and there are other clubs sniffing around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Ba_B0tRIcAAs4ov.jpg:large

Chambers suffered from depression last year, fair play to him for coming out and talking about it.

Played against Chambers at schoolboy level. Smashing player sand I was always surprised he never made the move across the water when he was younger. Seemed like a good lad as well.

Fair play to him for opening up and best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Daryl Horgan gone to Dundalk.

Big loss for City.

Disappointed.

Outbidding Shams and paying money for players. Hope they know what they're at.

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Sweeney hasn't signed yet and there are other clubs sniffing around

He's studying in AIT, he won't be going anywhere else IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

He's studying in AIT, he won't be going anywhere else IMHO.

Longford have offered Sweeney more than Athlone, almost double from what i've heard but he wants to play for Athlone.

Very good player too, who will get better with experience too

Could just be offering 2 year contract but a lower weekly wage? Paying for players is ridiculous regardless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

SK at the helm .....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Paying for players is ridiculous regardless!

Every club has to do it now. I'd be surprised if we paid anything close to the €20k. A deal will be worked out which will probably include sell on percentage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement