Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

liam martin off to ballinamallard...
    bugger it anyway, almost had him by the sounds of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Martin could be brilliant with a bit of experience behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eire4 wrote: »
    Must be taking up some player coach role as surely he is good enough to play for one of the 3 Canadian sides in MLS.

Pat Dolan thinks Forrester is worth 17 million....LOL chap cant even finish a match.

Anyone know what makes LOI fans perceive players in such a high light? Sligo fans think Ryan is some sort of Xaviesque player imo hes meh, never did anything vs us that Chambers didnt do for us.

Before Sligo fans jump on going mental, i only ever seen Ryan play vs us and tbh....meh. Same applies to Mc Clean meh....

What do we see that makes us think this lad is Pro? More interested in Sligo fans opinion re Coleman....Imo played 3 times vs us and i thought **** me we need to kill him or something.

/would love Forrester back but hes not a pro footballer, not even close.

Coleman was a young lad who hadn't actually played much football before signing for us. The first time everyone saw him they thought he'd go on to play for Ireland. He was awkward but never lost the ball and was very rarely caught out of position despite strolling into the opposition box regularly.

That said he has gone on to become one of the top right backs in the world. Forrester doesn't need to reach that level. He'd make a good living at Championship level.

Ryan in 2010 had probably the best season any player has had for us. Joey made the space for him and he totally controlled the tempo of every game. Chambers may be capable of that if he had a Joey to guide him!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

AgileMyth wrote: »
    That said he has gone on to become one of the top right backs in the world.

I'm a massive Coleman fan and have been since I watched him in the LOI, but I think you need to slow down a bit here. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I always rated Ryan anytime I seen him play at the Cross, just one of those players who always looked like he always knew what he wanted to do with the ball even before he got it.

Forrester was also sublime anytime Pats played down here, he is a bit lightweight so I look forward to see how he does in England. It's always interesting to see how players are differently rated by their own supporters and those who see them just a few times. One of the best performances by an opposing player down here that I've ever seen was Stephen Ward when he was at Bohs in his striker days, think Bohs won 3-1 that day and Ward was magnificent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Forrester was slightly disappointing this season for us. He was good in the first third of the season but then he faded out a fair bit especially after the Limerick home match were he got very tired and had to be taken off with around 20 mins to go. He never seemed to recover from that and was replaced by Kavanagh for a reason. Then when he came back for the matches in the last third he played reasonably well and a good bit better than during the summer. To be honest Im not entirely sure as to his best position he was a left winger this year and I dont think thats his best position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'm a massive Coleman fan and have been since I watched him in the LOI, but I think you need to slow down a bit here. :p

Well he's definitely been one of the best right backs in one of the top 3 leagues in the world this season so not too far fetched a statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Corholio wrote: »
    I One of the best performances by an opposing player down here that I've ever seen was Stephen Ward when he was at Bohs in his striker days, think Bohs won 3-1 that day and Ward was magnificent.

Funny how people have different perspectives on the game.

During his time with us, I thought Wardy was absolutely shíte. Couldn't believe he even got a move to England. Was even more surprised when he got regular football with Wolves.

In spite of all the above, I'm genuinely delighted for the fella. Himself and Connor Sammon are prime examples of how far hard work can get you in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Four year kit deal

image1-700x287.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Is the gold the away kit? Pretty awful imo.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The gold and black colour scheme on the away shirt is a first for the club and pays homage to the record number of league and cup titles collected over the club’s 112 year history.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

The gold is vile, I liked the purple one they had this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Thats pretty awful tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

dreamers75 wrote: »
    /would love Forrester back but hes not a pro footballer, not even close.
    Nonsense. Forrester has the potential to be a good Championship player.

If Conor Sammon can play for Ireland, anything is possible.

That gold kit is beyond terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They're both horrible IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The gold and black colour scheme on the away shirt is a first for the club and pays homage to Benson and Hedges the cigarette of choice of the average Rovers fan.

Fixed your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not a patch on Man Utd's reversible centenary jersey! Both dire tbh!

What happens the Umbro store?

doncarlos wrote: »
    Fixed your post
    Just to add weight to the source of the colour scheme! B&H's last involvement with an irish team... that was horrible too!96bra_007.jpg

Packie Mailey back with harps, (straight swap for mcmonagle if we cant hold onto him most likely) up to 9 wahey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Gold away top for the reigning league champions. Wait what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Not a patch on Man Utd's reversible centenary jersey! Both dire tbh!

What happens the Umbro store?

It hasn't been an umbro store for at least two years. Shamrock Rovers megastore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Bara met with Quigs, however in the piece Pats looks likliest

Piece in todays indo
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/obrien-keen-to-see-best-in-the-league-quigley-make-st-pats-return-29831246.html

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

CSF wrote: »
    They're both horrible IMO.

Dead right. The sight of green and white hoops makes me angry and sick in equal parts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Probably the best right back in England this season, which has him well up there with the best right backs in the world. Not far-fetched at all really.

On McLean, I think the fact that he hasn't been fantastic since he moved to England is making them forget just how good he was here the season before he left. He was ripping the league up.

Ryan in 2010 controlled midfield, it was just awesome watching himself and Joseph lord it in games.

Sammon on the other hand baffled me, I couldn't believe I was watching games from the stands and this lad was on the pitch never mind moving on to a higher level.

Forrester when I've seen him has always looked decent. Would like to see him do well elsewhere.

Martin could be brilliant with a bit of experience behind him.
    it was supposed to be a near done deal to us until the mallards came in for him. on the upside Galway were supposed to be too so may not have the budget i was fearing.
    Mallards also supposed to be in for Ivan Sproule so possibly found some money somewhere. He would be a great signing for anyone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Home one is ok, I'd rather a darker green. The second one...well at least it's not as bad as 2010's purple which was awful. Wouldn't mind a smile from either of the lads..Croly probably just told them what he's hoping for next season.

New sponsor and new kit deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

When I think of the average Rovers fan wearing the gold I get visions of this :eek:

284354.jpg

On Tuesday they lost Ryan and Quigley. On Wednesday they re-signed Robinson. On Thursday they release images of the ugliest jerseys the league has ever seen.

What have they planned for tomorrow? Hooperman lining up fans and kicking them in the testicles is my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We offered deals to Paul Andrews who said money was crap Pat Flynn who has turned down pats, drogs and us for Longford.

Above taken from our forum. Not bothered one bit by Andrews tbh. Real question is, how much are Longford paying Flynn! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

What have they planned for tomorrow? Hooperman lining up fans and kicking them in the testicles is my guess.

Hooperman will be joined by the new sponsor mascot "Pepper Pig".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

bohsboy wrote: »
    Hooperman will be joined by the new sponsor mascot "Pepper Pig".
    :eek:

djpbarry wrote: »
    Nonsense. Forrester has the potential to be a good Championship player.

If Conor Sammon can play for Ireland, anything is possible.

I agree he could be one day and its not "building " up he needs its fitness, he was fcuked after an hour in almost every game we had when it was sunny out.

I just dont see his mentality matching the requirments, hope Im wrong and he does become a 17 million quid player.

But if im right he plays for Pats next season :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Four year kit deal

image1-700x287.jpg

Is that Ciarán Kilduff wearing the home jersey?? I presume that means he's happy to stay at Shamrock Rovers and won't be heading to Leeside?

Balls anyway! He was a great replacement for Graham Cummins!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Who are Pepper? In all honesty never heard of them before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

http://www.peppergroup.ie/about-pepper.html

loan management/mortgage arrears etc

Wilberto wrote: »
    Is that Ciarán Kilduff wearing the home jersey?? I presume that means he's happy to stay at Shamrock Rovers and won't be heading to Leeside?

Balls anyway! He was a great replacement for Graham Cummins!!

Presume Elding was the intended replacement there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Presume Elding was the intended replacement there.

He is, but I think every City fan would have preferred Kilduff to have stayed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Elding and Kilduff in perfect world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

On Thursday they release images of the ugliest jerseys the league has ever seen.

You've obviously not been watching the LOI for long so.... there's been some truly awful kits in the past, these Rovers one's may be pretty poor but the worst ever? Not by a long shot.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looks like the Brandywell is getting a much needed facelift. Going down the artificial pitch route as well which may make a few people unhappy.

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city-latest/5m-brandywell-1-5748729

DvB wrote: »
    You've obviously not been watching the LOI for long so.... there's been some truly awful kits in the past, these Rovers one's may be pretty poor but the worst ever? Not by a long shot.
    I can't think of any worse than that gold thing. The '****e' kits of the early-mid 90's are probably the coolest kits ever.

dreamers75 wrote: »

But if im right he plays for Pats next season :o

Most likely Forrester will be playing for us next season :( + :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Elding and Kilduff in perfect world

Actually, I'd say Kilduff and Morrissey in a perfect world!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pighead wrote: »
    Looks like the Brandywell is getting a much needed facelift. Going down the artificial pitch route as well which may make a few people unhappy.

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city-latest/5m-brandywell-1-5748729

Rightly so too, IMO it's not the way to go for football in this country. 1 plastic pitch is already too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Corholio wrote: »
    Rightly so too, IMO it's not the way to go for football in this country. 1 plastic pitch is already too many.

If it means another revenue stream for a club then any romantic notions of "grass only" are ridiculous.

AFAIK Dundalk have Oriel booked out every night of the week, and have a nice little earner there.

If it means another revenue stream for a club then any romantic notions of "grass only" are ridiculous.

AFAIK Dundalk have Oriel booked out every night of the week, and have a nice little earner there.
    but its derry city councils ground, DCFC mightnt see any of that although i could be wrong
    on the other side fair play on the safe standing section that was mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

The Brandywell has always had a superb surface i would be a shame to see it replaced with a plastic surface

Chris Forrester ‏@ChrisForrester1 2m
    Also signed back for @stpatsfc today , buzzing for next season :)

And thats that.

The Brandywell has always had a superb surface i would be a shame to see it replaced with a plastic surface
    even when there was a 8ft difference from one end to the other? :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement