Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Just a pity he wasn't involved in the club at the time, let alone the assistant manager as you claim

I hope you informed the journalist, Conor Gallagher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

My understanding is we didn't....
    Sorry, he must have lied to me. Because OhNoYouDidn't couldn't possibly be wrong:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    Gav, what's up you and some of the other Shels lads sometimes? This bitter off-topic shit? Do you think if I got busted for a drugs offence tomorrow my employer would somehow be culpable? No problem with barbs in the football, management or supporters vein but this kind of stuff is embarrassing. As is the little coterie of Bohs and Sligo thankers that follow every such post.

Well the busted drug-dealer was just to add a bit more to my response to ONYD's response, that's all. This bitter off-topic sh*t is sh*t indeed, but maybe instead of just picking on myself you can grab maybe ONYD too for it or any other users for it too stovelid.
    Just a pity he wasn't involved in the club at the time, let alone the assistant manager as you claim

As I claim? Read the first line of the article!:rolleyes:
    Why would we sign Sheppard and Kilduff?

Why were yous signing Sheppard and Gary O'Neill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I never said that, but hey, why not just make stuff up? :rolleyes:

So you want new fans but they havn't really arrived and then stayed in 100 years. Fingal might well be the same but as a new team trying to make a stamp on the North County Dublin area compared with a team trying the same in North Dublin for 100 years one might make an assumption that Fingal may be more likely to gain new fans from say Swords than Bohs or Shels can from their respective areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bohsboy reported for failing to slavishly thank Gavin's response to ONYD in post# 755.

Pull your socks up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

bohsboy wrote: »

2001?

Try harder...

Well the busted drug-dealer was just to add a bit more to my response to ONYD's response, that's all. This bitter off-topic sh*t is sh*t indeed, but maybe instead of just picking on myself you can grab maybe ONYD too for it or any other users for it too stovelid.

For what? Its only you and the gypos trawling through the media for nonsense. The rest of us are talking about signings
    As I claim? Read the first line of the article!:rolleyes:

At least the mirror article that broke it admitted in the body of the story that he wasn't a Rovers coach at the time. My understanding is that an official complaint / legal action is in the pipeline, best leave it there.
    Why were yous signing Sheppard and Gary O'Neill?

GON as a direct replacement for Dessie. KS or KK as backup for Twigg.

I hope you informed the journalist, Conor Gallagher.

Not me, I believe the clubs solicitors have though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dsmythy wrote: »
    So you want new fans but they havn't really arrived and then stayed in 100 years.

Few fans live to be 100.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Fingal might well be the same but as a new team trying to make a stamp on the North County Dublin area compared with a team trying the same in North Dublin for 100 years one might make an assumption that Fingal may be more likely to gain new fans from say Swords than Bohs or Shels can from their respective areas.

That was not the point that was being discussed. The claim was being made that SF would pick up new fans around Dalyer and catchment area.

And as we play closer to Swords than SF now do, sure we'd be more likely to pick up new fans out there. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Beating little old ladies up in Austria,getting jailed for rioting in Derry,one of your players breaking into a girls house and smashing the place up people in glass houses and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

paulcorr wrote: »
    Beating little old ladies up in Austria,getting jailed for rioting in Derry,one of your players breaking into a girls house and smashing the place up people in glass houses and all that.

Not sure what youre getting at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

paulcorr wrote: »

1) What happend was a guy was trying to rob a skooter thing and it hit your one during the process- Since he has been charged.
    2) Yes, they were scum up in Derry and subsequently banned.
    3) I don't remember number 3 ( not saying it didn't happen just don't remember)
    4) Rovers have:
    Attacking a carer of a guy in a wheelchair
    Invasion of Dalyer and it's pitch after a match
    Invasion of the shed and attacking boys infront of their fathers and being cheered on by your fans.
    Throwing fireworks and bangers on the pitch
    Riots in Oriel (twice)
    Breaking a wall in Bray after an attempted pitch invasion
    Racist chanting
    Throwing a bottle at a match official
    Attacking the Pats' keeper.

Resulted number of bans from you shower= 0,000,000. Your board condone the action of your fans and it's a disgrace. We've several people banned from incidents that happend involving , now ex, fans. We've had people banned for a lot less then what yous have done. So Jesus Christ shut up and get back onto rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Does every LOI thread have to turn into a sniping contest? It's really petty oneupmanship that's probably putting a lot of people in here off following the league.

cson wrote: »
    Does every LOI thread have to turn into a sniping contest? It's really petty oneupmanship that's probably putting a lot of people in here off following the league.

Opposition fans are argueing shock, horror.

If you can't take a bitta slagging then you shouldn't be a football fan. Maybe it's no the same getting slagged when on a barstool!

Reading those Liverpool/Chelsea/United threads that inevitably get locked has put me right off the premiership. That and the stadiums are too far away from my house, also the terrible finances at West Ham and the likes. Oh and Stoke play terrible football aswell, puts me right off.

All the money, diving, cheating, hooliganism, ticket prices, bad football (ie stoke) put me off English football. Also what Bohsman said perfectly especially about stadia being too far fmy house.

Look that attitude doesn't do either of us any favours. I followed your club while I was in Dublin last year, got to around 10 games in Dalyer and I enjoyed it. But to be quite honest the slagging and pettiness about off the pitch stuff would put me off posting in any of the LOI threads on the forum long term.

Edit: And the attitude the two of you have to me presumably following Arsenal is yet another negative.

Look that attitude doesn't do either of us any favours. I followed your club while I was in Dublin last year, got to around 10 games in Dalyer and I enjoyed it. But to be quite honest the slagging and pettiness about off the pitch stuff would put me off posting in any of the LOI threads on the forum long term.

Edit: And the attitude the two of you have to me presumably following Arsenal is yet another negative.

Arsenal play good football, used to be a big United fan but nothing against Arsenal tbh. Passionately hate Liverpool but who doesnt?

Most LOI fans on here are fine, a few probably **** stir too much by times and it sometimes degenerates then. Id say the fact that its the off season has most to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

that's probably putting a lot of people in here off.

lol

But it would be nice to get back to football stuff for a while

bohsman wrote: »
    Arsenal play good football, used to be a big United fan but nothing against Arsenal tbh. Passionately hate Liverpool but who doesnt?

Most LOI fans on here are fine, a few probably **** stir too much by times and it sometimes degenerates then. Id say the fact that its the off season has most to do with it.

That's fair enough, I had a look at the thread and the last 3/4 pages are basically Bohs/Sligo/Shels/Rovers having a cut at each other about players getting jailed/riots/cocaine stories.

stovelid wrote: »
    lol

But it would be nice to get back to football stuff for a while

Rovers were supposed to announce new signings yesterday? No word of it on extratime anyway.

That's fair enough, I had a look at the thread and the last 3/4 pages are basically Bohs/Sligo/Shels/Rovers having a cut at each other about players getting jailed/riots/cocaine stories.

Yea, the sane posters tend to disappear at times like that. Absolutely nothing to discuss about Bohs are far as on pitch stuff goes unfortunately.

Apres Match and others playing a fundraiser in the Olympia for Bohs on the 19th February.

Yea, the sane posters tend to disappear at times like that. Absolutely nothing to discuss about Bohs are far as on pitch stuff goes unfortunately.

Apres Match and others playing a fundraiser in the Olympia for Bohs on the 19th February.

Is Paddy Madden still there? He was one who impressed me in the games I went to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

How is that working? Who's paying for the venue and performers?

Performers are voluntary ( more performers to be announced oh Brush Shields and Eric Lalor are playing too) and we're paying for the venue

Is Paddy Madden still there? He was one who impressed me in the games I went to.

Yea, we're trying to sell him so making sure his wages are paid on time. He has great potential but the amount of chances he misses is shocking. Even on the last day of the season he missed enough open goals that could have led to us winning the league on goal difference.

There's some other very good young players at the club who will hopefully get their chance this season, will be refreshing if we get to see good ambitious young players instead of the overpaid primadonnas we've had over the last few years.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Performers are voluntary ( more performers to be announced oh Brush Shields and Eric Lalor are playing too) and we're paying for the venue

Yea, very good deal from the Olympia apparently. The vast majority of the €30 ticket price will be profit if it sells out.

A few of the acts have contractual obligations/are not 100% confirmed so cant be advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Fúck. Bohs get Apres Match for free and we have to pay to get feckin Don Stiffe.

Fúck. Bohs get Apres Match for free and we have to pay to get feckin Don Stiffe.

Crazy World.

Some cryptic clues to some of the other rumoured acts.

Crazy World.

Some cryptic clues to some of the other rumoured acts.

hmmmmmmmmmmm so it's either Cork Tom, *****JASON BYRNE******* or Glenn Cronin me thinks. I reckon it's not Cork Tom . hmmmmmmmmmmm
    *********Jason Byrne********** or Glenn Cronin hmmmmmmmmm.
    I give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wheres Cronin gone too ?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wheres Cronin gone too ?

He's injured so he's staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Gary Breen has joined Matthew Tipton in leaving us to sign for Portadown in the Irish League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any word on Aidan Price signing for you lot holidaysong?

Bray announced a friendly against us on the 6th Feb in Tolka at noon, would have preferred a nice away trip to Bray this season c'mon LSC final again.:D

Bray have announced a fairly strong team this year
    Bray Wanderers 2011 Squad List Details (To Date)

Goalkeepers:
    Matt Gregg, Brian Kane

Defenders:
    Nicky Byrne, Daire Doyle, Colm Tresson, Derek Prendergast, Adam Mitchell, David
    Webster, Dane Massey, Sean Houston, Shane O’Connor

Midfielders:
    Dean Zambra, Ian Touhy, Gary Dempsey, Stephen Brennan, David Tyrrell, Chris Shields, Danny O'Connor

Forwards:
    Shane O’Neill, John Mulroy, Gary Shaw, Jake Kelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bray have announced a fairly strong team this year
    Bray Wanderers 2011 Squad List Details (To Date)

Goalkeepers:
    Matt Gregg, Brian Kane

Defenders:
    Nicky Byrne, Daire Doyle, Colm Tresson, Derek Prendergast, Adam Mitchell, David
    Webster, Dane Massey, Sean Houston, Shane O’Connor

Midfielders:
    Dean Zambra, Ian Touhy, Gary Dempsey, Stephen Brennan, David Tyrrell, Chris Shields, Danny O'Connor

Forwards:
    Shane O’Neill, John Mulroy, Gary Shaw, Jake Kelly
    Wouldn' say that, its by and large the same squad that were muck for the first half of the season, went through a little purple patch, and went back to being muck. If there is relegation this year I fully expect them to be involved in the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

It seems Raf Cretaro has had some interest from Derry as well as Sligo, Derry having a bigger budget next season than anticipated? Been linked with a good few players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

frantic190 wrote: »
    It seems Raf Cretaro has had some interest from Derry as well as Sligo, Derry having a bigger budget next season than anticipated? Been linked with a good few players.

What about Sligo's budget? :eek: Is there any concern from any of the Sligo lads on here about the money the club is spending and the possibility that it may put the club in jeopardy in a couple of years? Should Sligo be putting any money they have to better use? Is there any chance in getting a sensible response to these questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Any word on Aidan Price signing for you lot holidaysong?

Was on the rumours thread on our forum about a month ago. Haven't heard anything else since then.

Jason McGuinness and Ken Oman being mentioned now. Who knows who we'll end up with as our centre back partnership. Unlikely Burns will resign so it'll mean replacing 3 of our 4 defenders. Not great for any kind of continuity.

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn' say that, its by and large the same squad that were muck for the first half of the season, went through a little purple patch, and went back to being muck. If there is relegation this year I fully expect them to be involved in the fight.

That's the team that finished the season. They changed managers and signed a few in July and really improved. I'd say they'll be better than last year. Which is only good for the league

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

What about Sligo's budget? :eek: Is there any concern from any of the Sligo lads on here about the money the club is spending and the possibility that it may put the club in jeopardy in a couple of years? Should Sligo be putting any money they have to better use? Is there any chance in getting a sensible response to these questions?

Here is your sensible response. We so far have only signed 11 players, most of whom are on quite small wages. The reports about our spending from fans of other clubs (shams mainly) are massively exaggerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

are budget is the same as last years if not a bit more.all the players were offered reduced terms for this season.if you look we have only 11 players.with us being one of the only full time clubs left in the country of course were going to be linked with loads of players.the club is being run the best it ever has being.(waits for people to use the claims of cash under the table and no tickets to see the game) we have sold more season tickets in december than we did all last year.the 400 club is not far away from 500 members.the suporters trust have a €2 a week scheme that has being running for the last season or two that has being very popular.we have a new general manager that came on board near the end of last season,whose main job is to increase advertising which seem to be very reasonable.they can be found on the club website.wont know for definitive if we broke even or made a small profit till the annual agm in around march.i hope that was sensible response for you.

How much was the Cup win worth to ye?

100k prize money I think+ a % of gate receipts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mac Allister played last 15 minutes vs Villa.

100k prize money I think+ a % of gate receipts

Didn't the Aviva sell over 30k tickets @ ~€10 a pop too? That'd be 300k give or take. Could easily land 50k as a share from the gate I'd say.

Fairly sure the FAI stopped giving a cut of the gate receipts a couple of years ago when they bumped up the prize money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Fairly sure the FAI stopped giving a cut of the gate receipts a couple of years ago when they bumped up the prize money.
    they cut the prize money this season with a cute of the gate for the clubs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement