Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What a farce.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It would be perfect as a proving ground for the likes of Gannon and Memery and hopefully that's how it's used. I was thinking that they would be paying the FD affiliation fee as well..

And the ST permits both PD and FD games, excellent move, home games on Sunday afternoons.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/3481-extra-value-st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Let's help out the FAI by trying to come up with other ways in which the First Division could be further devalued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Corholio wrote: »
    You just spent around €10k on a player. That's the evidence.

Any Rovers fans, what kind of player fees have ye spent on players the last few years? I genuinely don't know, just asking I guess as a comparison.

It was in the paper so it must be true.

The fee is believed to be less than 5,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

That_Guy wrote: »
    What a farce.

Allowed to use 3 outfield players and a goalie from the Premier squad. Disgraceful, I'd say they had the FAI over a barrel because they couldn't find an 8th club to join. Another season of silly beggars in the 1st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know for a fact - 100% that is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Very tough start for Athlone, will be delighted with a draw or two in the first few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Believed by who? 10000 upfront with an extra 7000 if Dundalk sell Horgan at any stage is what has been reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Raf32 wrote: »
    Very tough start for Athlone, will be delighted with a draw or two in the first few games.

They will be doing well to have 6 pts on the board by the time they face Bray at the start of May in Lissywoollen . That could be a real "6 pointer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

So in the last two days, I've heard the following figures from Dundalk fans all "in the know":

€5000
    €7000
    €8000
    €9000
    €10000

All by different people on different sites. They are all right of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

CHealy wrote: »
    So in the last two days, I've heard the following figures from Dundalk fans all "in the know":

€5000
    €7000
    €8000
    €9000
    €10000

All by different people on different sites. They are all right of course.

I hear it's between 5 & 10k:pac:

Danny mcDonnell says its 10k and Gerry Malone of LMFM said it was 9k.Those two are usualy pretty much on the money (:pac:) when it comes to matters concerning the goings on at DundalkFC.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/green-light-for-hoops-secondtier-side-29854424.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Oh if it's 'believed' then it must be true too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Clubs paying compo fees in the LoI is just shocking behaviour!

Clubs paying compo fees in the LoI is just shocking behaviour!

Theres no way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

hugo29 wrote: »
    wait for it

Gary Twigg to Sligo
    I'd rather have kept Elding. The reaction would be hilarious though.

Theres no way around it.

Right.....

Right.....

Brilliant....

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I'd rather have kept Elding. The reaction would be hilarious though.

Wouldn't he have another year on his deal?

Brilliant....

:rolleyes:

There is a way around it, you don't sign the player!:eek:

Brilliantter !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

They will be doing well to have 6 pts on the board by the time they face Bray at the start of May in Lissywoollen . That could be a real "6 pointer"

agreed, gonna have to try get something at home but first two games could be heavy defeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

uch wrote: »
    Rovers B team Confirmed for First Division

Linky

fvcking joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Delighted that Djilali will sign on the dotted line tomorrow. A striker now would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oat23 wrote: »
    Delighted that Djilali will sign on the dotted line tomorrow. A striker now would be nice.

Whats your current squad?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Whats your current squad?
    Robbed this from Foot.They have a pinned squad thread there that is a very resource imo.

Sligo Rovers

Gary Rogers
    Gavin Peers
    Jeff Henderson
    Seamus Conneely
    Paul O'Conor
    Rafael Cretaro
    Ross Gaynor
    Danny Ledwith
    Aaron Greene
    Evan McMillan
    David Cawley
    Joseph Ndo
    Kalen Spillane
    Alan Keane
    Danny North
    John Russell
    Richard Brush
    Kieran Djilali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Gary Boylan signed a contract with Sligo too however he is in the middle of a 5 day trial with Celtic. We is u-19 player came from Erris United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

uch wrote: »
    Rovers B team Confirmed for First Division

Linky

What happens if they get promoted?

Rovers v Rovers B.

What a laugh that will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What happens if they get promoted?

Rovers v Rovers B.

What a laugh that will be.

They can't I don't think. They also wont be in the EA Sports Cup I think.

No Cups for B team 4 players allowed mix between squads. Suspensions can be served with either. They have an unfair sporting advantage but as the FAI said Ajax Barca do it and so can we. So we should all STFU and enter a B team.

Presidents cup rumoured to be restarted....a Cup I have seen Pats Win!!!

Sligo vs Pats march the 2nd or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

They have an unfair sporting advantage but as the FAI said Ajax Barca do it and so can we. So we should all STFU and enter a B team..

Yes but the other clubs in the Spanish/Dutch leagues were given options to enter teams. Plus they don't have movement between clubs outside of transfer season. Reserve teams would be good for the top teams but what happens to the first division/lower premier division if the top teams are hoovering up the top young talent in the league for their reserve sides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I would be ok with Rovers B if it wasn't for the farcical decision to allow players move between the squads from game to game.

Fran Gavins inability to explain this is strange, he hinted that a player sent off for the A team could serve his suspension with the B team if their game was before the next A game. So if I was in charge of Rovers I would make sure they dont play on Fridays ever. Suspensions wouldnt affect the 1st team.
    Also, disciplinary sanctions imposed on Shamrock Rovers players will apply to both teams, while from their Premier Division squad, the club will be permitted to play a maximum of three outfield players and a goalkeeper in First Division ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Fran Gavins inability to explain this is strange, he hinted that a player sent off for the A team could serve his suspension with the B team if their game was before the next A game. So if I was in charge of Rovers I would make sure they dont play on Fridays ever. Suspensions wouldnt affect the 1st team.
    That one is worrying. I hope it means that if you get a one game suspension then you cannot play in the Premier team's next game and also you cannot play in the first division team's next game.

The other managers will simply not tolerate it otherwise.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    The other managers will simply not tolerate it otherwise.

Clubs have too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

If Rovers B finish top of the 1st division, do 2nd place go up automatically with the play offs going to 3rd and 4th?

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »
    If Rovers B finish top of the 1st division, do 2nd place go up automatically with the play offs going to 3rd and 4th?

I think so. :confused:

Make out of this what you can (From yesterdays Indo) Also says that MNS will be continuing.
    AIRTRICITY LEAGUE chief Fran Gavin has defended the decision to allow Shamrock Rovers to field a second team in the First Division next season.
    The FAI have confirmed that the Hoops will be represented by two sides at senior level in 2014 -- as first revealed in the Irish Independent.

Gavin says the other clubs in the league were told that the association were accepting invitations for an eighth team in the First Division, but refused to say if they were informed that a Rovers 'B' team would fill the breach.

The second Rovers side will not be eligible for promotion and they won't be allowed to compete in cup competitions. At the beginning of the year, Rovers will have to register a Premier Division squad, and a maximum of three outfield players and one goalkeeper from that group of players will be allowed to line out for the First Division team in all of their matches.

On some weekends, both teams will play on Friday nights, but the Hoops intend to play their development team's home matches in Tallaght on Sunday afternoons.

Other top-flight clubs feel that the Hoops will have an advantage by being able to keep their fringe players match-fit.

Sligo Rovers are set to enter a reserve team in the Connacht Senior League if plans to revive it come to fruition, while St Patrick's Athletic manager Liam Buckley has suggested that the Inchicore club might examine entering a team into the First Division in the future.

Gavin conceded that it will take a while for Irish football to adjust to the arrangement. Reserve teams compete at senior level in lower leagues around Europe, most notably Spain and Holland, but the difference is that movement between squads is more restricted.

However, Rovers would not have proceeded with this initiative without having the facility to move players on a week-to-week basis.

They primarily intend to use the First Division team to sign promising teenagers from around Dublin and offer them regular football to help with their development.

"We'll meet with the managers pre-season," said Gavin, when asked if complaints had been received from other parties.

"Shamrock Rovers came to us with the idea after we sent out expressions of interest. The National League Executive Committee were involved in discussions and, after lengthy negotiations, it was agreed to go ahead with it.

"It gives us the eighth team in the First Division, which all the clubs want. There are different rules in different leagues. We had to agree something that suits this league and our circumstances here and that's what we've done."

Preliminary discussions took place with potential new clubs in other parts of the country, but they failed to develop into a serious bid as the respective parties felt they simply weren't able to step up at this juncture.

DEVELOP

"We'd like to develop football in all parts of the country, but we want to go somewhere that's ready," said Gavin. "We want to build clubs that are stable and are in it for the long term. This is a big commitment for Shamrock Rovers financially."

Meanwhile, the FAI will sit down with RTE shortly to decide how many Premier Division matches will be shown live in 2014.

The 'Monday Night Soccer' programme will continue, although there is no confirmation yet on a time slot. Clubs have expressed the concern that covering too many games live could affect attendances.

Attendances at Premier Division matches rose marginally in 2013, with a total figure of 297,796 across the campaign. The First Division total was 44,000.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/gavin-defiant-over-hoops-b-team-call-29857369.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wow! Keith Fahey rejoining Pats? Any truth in the rumour? Seems to be loads of people talking about it.

So we should all STFU and enter a B team.

This pretty much..every club should have a B side or reserve side that could enter. Every club - certainly every top-half PD club - should have an A Championship style team as standard ready to enter and asking the FAI to do so. Why don't they...

The FAI & Shamrock R. are making the rules up as they go along it seems.Gavin says nothing in his statement about what fee Rovers are paying to enter a B side and everybody knows that nearly all LOI prem sides wouldnt have the money to enter a "B" team in the 1st div.
    "We'll meet with the managers pre-season," said Gavin, when asked if complaints had been received from other parties.

And
    Gavin says the other clubs in the league were told that the association were accepting invitations for an eighth team in the First Division, but refused to say if they were informed that a Rovers 'B' team would fill the breach.

It smells and it smells bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

dfx- wrote: »
    Every club - certainly every top-half PD club - should have an A Championship style team as standard ready to enter and asking the FAI to do so. Why don't they...

While I think the clubs are, to a degree, whinging for the sake of whinging here and would have had no real interest or inclination in a second team in the First Division the reason (to be fair) they don't have an A Championship style team in waiting is because the A Championship was abolished (in large part because of the whinging clubs I'll grant). Limerick fielded an A Championship team even as a First Division outfit, there was a degree of interest in it in parts. It's not like Rovers had a reserve side happily playing away last season either.

In essence Shamrock Rovers are to be applauded for having the initiative to plan for a reserve team in the First Division. The FAI are to be condemned (as usual) for the manner in which they have behaved, grossly incompetent at best and shrouded in dishonest secrecy at worst. Vague allusions to examining the possibility of new clubs coming in are fooling nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Pighead wrote: »
    Wow! Keith Fahey rejoining Pats? Any truth in the rumour? Seems to be loads of people talking about it.
    He was training with Shams last I heard.

djpbarry wrote: »
    He was training with Shams last I heard.

Injured until Feb, dont see him signing for an LOI club as a good career move. Rumoured to have met Buckley but is a big fan of Crolys coaching methods. Would be stuck here until July unless he was well paid for it.

So yeah umm Keith Fahey.....

And

It smells and it smells bad.

It's a new thing in the LOI, of course they're making up the rules as they go along. Bans, fines, new teams..

Why would the FAI tell other clubs or managers? What has it to do with other clubs who they accept?

Fahey signs for Pats officially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Great to see Fahey back at Pats. Good baller and great to see him back playing ball again. Anyone know if its just till June or the whole season?

darragh16 wrote: »
    Great to see Fahey back at Pats. Good baller and great to see him back playing ball again. Anyone know if its just till June or the whole season?

“I was offered various deals from other clubs and ones which were financially a lot better, but I’ve come back here because of the great loyalty I’ve always received. Both the fans and the club have always been great to me, and the stability of the club behind the scenes really made me want to come back and play my football in Inchicore again.”

Rumoured to be a year with get outs but should be announced shortly.

We will need to seriously increase our gates wonder if this will do the trick.......

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Fancied Pats to walk the league before the signing of Quigley. Now with Fahey on board also they are surely unstoppable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Being the LOI, it is literally anyones league to win, but you'd be foolish not to see past Pats at least on paper now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement