Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Next signing almost done. Suspect I know who it is.

Number 10 type forward with SPL and international experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

AgileMyth wrote: »

Irish?

Nope. English. Played internationally elsewhere though.

Only Irish person I can think of fitting the bill is Robbie Keane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Ah, I wouldn't call Conor Sammon a number 10.

Sammon would be a major step backwards from Elding. On a par with Dave McMillan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Roddy McDerry 'speaking' to a few in England & scotland it seems.

Carl McHugh an interesting one from a Dundalk POV.

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/football/digest/collins-still-looking-for-signings-1-5782567

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Just glanced at it, but Jack Memery is missing from Bohs IN.

Yep, you're right about that all right.

But "half" ?

Re-signings aren't transfers, if that's what you mean.

SantryRed wrote: »
    It needs a bit of maintenance but your club don't bother doing it. It's a joke that it is allowed in the league as it is not kept properly.

The pitch in OP gets inspected more than any other pitch in the LOI.

Tell me i'm wrong dude? It look ugly but she playy well ;)

:pac::pac:

It look ugly but she playy well
    If that were true then there wouldn't be an issue. The fact is it doesn't play well at all, hence the number of complaints about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No it doesn't, jesus I've been up there for every Shels match in recent years and the amount of times I've seen the ball bobble or move direction because of the ground has been unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah it is a really poor pitch. So much so that playing on it every week and being used to it has to be a huge advantage to Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Griffin released by Derry?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Griffin released by Derry?
    Will he be that popular a target at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Griffin was generally awful for us when he played.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Griffin was generally awful for us when he played.

Hope you kept the receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The pitch in OP gets inspected more than any other pitch in the LOI.

Played on it in June and it doesn't play well at all. My old team also played on an astro and it was much better kept, and is actually great to play on when watered, the Oriel pitch is not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

SantryRed wrote: »
    Played on it in June and it doesn't play well at all. My old team also played on an astro and it was much better kept, and is actually great to play on when watered, the Oriel pitch is not.

Oriel Park is watered before every Dundalk game and even at Half Time at some games

Oriel Park has passed many inspections and will do again before the season starts. Its the best astro Ive ever played on and that includes Cliftonvilles

They only water the half they're playing into at half time.

That happened once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

more so the right wing and the penalty box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Its the best astro Ive ever played on and that includes Cliftonvilles

I was up in Solitude about a month ago for a Cliftonville v Linfield game, and I can safely say that Cliftonville's astro looks, and plays much much better than Dundalks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

well Bray are in the mirror today being labelled a Joke shop by a player from the squad last season it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Tippex wrote: »
    well Bray are in the mirror today being labelled a Joke shop by a player from the squad last season it seems.

surely not KMW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

surely not KMW?

I don't think its a player who has signed for another club it seemed more like one who has not been picked up yet and is waiting to hear WTF is going on.

In fairness is could be any one or all of them.

Gary Dempsey has been very vocal on Twitter. Probably him.

https://twitter.com/PFAIOfficial/status/419776492709498880/photo/1

Few handy players in the PFAI side yesterday against Cherry Orchard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

https://twitter.com/PFAIOfficial/status/419776492709498880/photo/1

Few handy players in the PFAI side yesterday against Cherry Orchard.

Would make a good LOI team alright. I would have thought Ben Ryan was secure at Waterford. He must want a higher level. Darragh Walsh had a good 2nd half of the season with the Youths last year. He has come on a bit since his first term with us. Stories of a favourite son playing for us next year ;), I hope it's true.

Big rebuilding job underway at Ferrycarrig Park, seeing that we've sent half our squad to Waterford to try and help them finally get out of the 1st Division, they don't seem to be able to do it on their own.

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours............... :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wouldn't mind Dean Kelly at Bohs

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

oldyouth wrote: »
    Would make a good LOI team alright. I would have thought Ben Ryan was secure at Waterford. He must want a higher level. Darragh Walsh had a good 2nd half of the season with the Youths last year. He has come on a bit since his first term with us. Stories of a favourite son playing for us next year ;), I hope it's true.

Big rebuilding job underway at Ferrycarrig Park, seeing that we've sent half our squad to Waterford to try and help them finally get out of the 1st Division, they don't seem to be able to do it on their own.

I'm guessing the Waterford/Wexford lads on that list are from Munster?

Realistically Quinn, Doyle, Sullo, Cowan, Sean Russell, and Mulvenna would be decent signings for us.

Garreth Brady (Dundalk) and Daniel O'Reilly (Fulham) could have some good potential.
    Wouldn't mind Dean Kelly at Bohs

Budget constraints supposedly, hence why the Jayo thing has stalled.

• Advertisement

Better safe than bust I suppose :p

Another option up front and I'd be happy enough with what we've assembled anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

What would Youths realistic plans for the future be? What kind of average crowd do ye get and is there any room there to make a push for the Premier in the future?

Unrelated, Cork City have all but gone to a full time setup once again, with the first pre season training session completed this morning in Stadio de Bishopstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Garreth Brady (Dundalk)

Robbie Brady's brother and was with our u19s and played a few senior games for in 2012. Looked ok and might have something about him but didn't really get many chances in first team.

CHealy wrote: »
    I was up in Solitude about a month ago for a Cliftonville v Linfield game, and I can safely say that Cliftonville's astro looks, and plays much much better than Dundalks.

Looking better has nothing to do with it and they are the exact same pitch and both clubs use the exact same company to maintain it.
    The only reason Dundalks dosnt look as good as Cliftonvilles is the fact there is at least 1 game played on it every day more some nights

CHealy wrote: »
    What would Youths realistic plans for the future be? What kind of average crowd do ye get and is there any room there to make a push for the Premier in the future?

Huge squad rebuilding required after 6 players leaving for Waterford (1 more yet to be announced). However, we've had that every year since our formation. There is a big development in the pipeline, as far as the club is concerned, but I won't jinx it until it is announced.

The public have not taken to the Youths in the County. A previous manager alienated local players and played negative football. This had an effect on attendances that we are now trying to redress. This is a GAA county that loves to see football fail (while ignoring their own pathetic efforts in recent years) but as long as the faithful draw breath, we will keep the club going

Forza Youths

Huge squad rebuilding required after 6 players leaving for Waterford (1 more yet to be announced). However, we've had that every year since our formation. There is a big development in the pipeline, as far as the club is concerned, but I won't jinx it until it is announced.

The public have not taken to the Youths in the County. A previous manager alienated local players and played negative football. This had an effect on attendances that we are now trying to redress. This is a GAA county that loves to see football fail (while ignoring their own pathetic efforts in recent years) but as long as the faithful draw breath, we will keep the club going

Forza Youths

Are the majority of counties not GAA countys though

Id consider Louth a football before GAA county and maybe Dublin to a lesser extent. Cant think of many more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

@PFAIOfficial: Joe Coll,ex Man Utd keeper has replaced Gabi Sava on the PFAI squad that travels to Oslo tomorrow for @FIFPro winter tournament.

sidcon wrote: »
    @PFAIOfficial: Joe Coll,ex Man Utd keeper has replaced Gabi Sava on the PFAI squad that travels to Oslo tomorrow for @FIFPro winter tournament.

Let's hope it's because he has signed on at Tolka. Actually seems a possibility, who else needs a keeper? He doesn't have much leverage.

Id consider Louth a football before GAA county and maybe Dublin to a lesser extent. Cant think of many more

And how many counties with a successful GAA heritage have LOI clubs? Dublin & Cork yes, but they have large cities

CSF wrote: »
    Let's hope it's because he has signed on at Tolka. Actually seems a possibility, who else needs a keeper? He doesn't have much leverage.
    Dundalk looking a second GK.

Sligo is very much a football town. Theres a bit of fondness for the GAH fights outside the town but not that much relative to our neighbours.

• Advertisement

Anybody actually gotten a contract somewhere based on their performance in this tournament?

Anybody actually gotten a contract somewhere based on their performance in this tournament?

Took the words out of my mouth.

Don't think so, they'll all come back and probably be signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jason Byrne back to Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dundalk looking a second GK.
    Yep. Sava has officially swapped the Drogheda bench for the Dundalk bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Shane McFaul or Shane Robinson? Or were Haka just scouting LOI generally?

Jason Byrne back to Bohs.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=4999

Delighted

And how many counties with a successful GAA heritage have LOI clubs? Dublin & Cork yes, but they have large cities
    Cork has a large city?

Think we got Kavanagh based on his performances in that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement