Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Towells goal vs Barnsley.

Dundalk fans was he on trial with them recently? are they signing him?
    No but Pats are i hear. their budget is down to a zillion quid now.That and 2 million EURO should suffice for the Towell signing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No but Pats are i hear. their budget is down to a zillion quid now.That and 2 million EURO should suffice for the Towell signing ;)

heh heh So your saying he wasnt on trial with Barnsley?

Again i admire your nous in signing him up over the xmas to get a few quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

dreamers75 wrote: »
    heh heh So your saying he wasnt on trial with Barnsley?

Again i admire your nous in signing him up over the xmas to get a few quid.

:pac::pac::pac: Has informed Dundalk that he wants €1000 week over 95 weeks!

He hasnt been on trial with Barnsley no, unless they train in Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Rumour is they are 1st team players.

Rovers trying to sign a few of our under 19s and Shels players. Didnt offer the pats lad a wage so he didnt go as he thought pats were a better team if no money was on offer from either.

Rovers offering few of our Under 19's €200 a week, we're going €50. Surprised only one went to Rovers.

Rovers offering few of our Under 19's €200 a week, we're going €50. Surprised only one went to Rovers.

50 for loi player or 50 for u-19 ?

• Advertisement

Offered 1 pats player 0 a week, shels have a few handy looking players on their under 19 side.

Offer was to play for the B team.

50 for loi player or 50 for u-19 ?

€50 + expenses (I'm guessing) for an U19 moving up to the senior side. Our budget is tiny this season afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

any limerick fans got a comment on Carol Tiofack?
    LOI blog claiming he is off to us but thats the only place its come from....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Whats the story with Zayed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Whats the story with Zayed?

Wanted/Trials for obscure teams dotted around the globe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

overshoot wrote: »
    any limerick fans got a comment on Carol Tiofack?

Mediocre. Tricks and flicks but little end product. He's still young though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sligo Rovers are developing a full size all weather pitch and 5 a side pitches at the Showgrounds. That's a brilliant investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah that was announced at the Champs League match but good to see it come through. A new shed or roof on the vw would be nice if there is more cash in grants.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Yeah that was announced at the Champs League match but good to see it come through. A new shed or roof on the vw would be nice if there is more cash in grants.

Point us all in to the Irish goverment sports grants page.Pleasseee ! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Point us all in to the Irish goverment sports grants page.Pleasseee ! :pac:
    That information is readily available to all clubs. Some have taken advantage of it. Others are happy to let their facilities fall to ruin.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    That information is readily available to all clubs. Some have taken advantage of it. Others are happy to let their facilities fall to ruin.
    Jaysussssssss :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By the way,tell me more about these sport grants.

Thats not exactly true now.

Or maybe you believe it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Jaysussssssss :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By the way,tell me more about these sport grants.
    Try here

And Here

Peppa Pig wrote: »

Took a Drog to pull up a 12 year old link :rolleyes:

I wasn't taking a swipe at anyone or at any club with my comments btw.My comments were aimed at the lack of money that are available to clubs via goverment sponsored grants.If a club can get €50K these days then its happy days and good luck.
    Gone are the days when you could pick up a million.

• Advertisement

Took a Drog to pull up a 12 year old link :rolleyes:

I wasn't taking a swipe at anyone or at any club with my comments btw.My comments were aimed at the lack of money that are available to clubs via goverment sponsored grants.If a club can get €50K these days then its happy days and good luck.
    Gone are the days when you could pick up a million.
    If I had the time and inclination I could do a total for the last 20 years of all grants received by LO clubs. I already know that due to Uncie Dermie, the name of Dundalk FC would be very close to the top of the list, probably only beaten by Rovers being given Tallaght.

To your :rolleyes: for not realising your club has benefited hugely from grants I give you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D

If I had the time and inclination I could do a total for the last 20 years of all grants received by LO clubs. I already know that due to Uncie Dermie, the name of Dundalk FC would be very close to the top of the list, probably only beaten by Rovers being given Tallaght.

To your :rolleyes: for not realising your club has benefited hugely from grants I give you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D
    A former owner of the club benefited not DundalkFC.
    Any sign yet that the HSE is buying the FAI owned HD Park?

Any sign yet that the HSE is buying the FAI owned HD Park?
    No idea.

We don't play in HD park anymore. ;)

No idea.

We don't play in HD park anymore. ;)
    Well catch us up on the news so.Have yee re-branded ?

In other news-Patrick Nzuzi has re-signed for Lims.

Well catch us up on the news so.Have yee re-branded ?
    We will be playing in United Park this season. The Hunky Dory naming right has come to an end.

We will be playing in United Park this season. The Hunky Dory naming right has come to an end.

So instead of outnumbering your home crowd at Hunky Dory Park, it will be back to outnumbering them at United Park on the 1st day

Good to know :D

Has the rumour thread disappeared?

Has the rumour thread disappeared?
    No,but any integrity you had has.Bum day afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

"St Pat's manager Liam Buckley admitted that he still plans to make one signing before the start of the League of Ireland season in March, with an unnamed American striker arriving in Dublin next week for a trial."

Wonder who that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Max Cream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cork City sign Liam Kearney. I originally thought this might be just a squad fill signing but hearing that he's only 30, he still has another couple of years left in him. Was out in Oz the last few years and has been playing with Avondale for the last while.

CHealy wrote: »
    Cork City sign Liam Kearney. I originally thought this might be just a squad fill signing but hearing that he's only 30, he still has another couple of years left in him. Was out in Oz the last few years and has been playing with Avondale for the last while.

Which one has signed? :D

David Cassidy expected to sign for Bray and according someone on Foot.ie last night Robert Bayly is signing for Rovers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cassidy would be a good signing for Bray, though I'm sure Matthews will bollox it up somehow :P

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

why would Casso sign for Matthews? The mind boggles.

Which one has signed? :D

David Cassidy expected to sign for Bray and according someone on Foot.ie last night Robert Bayly is signing for Rovers.

How the "Model Club" have fallen if true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

why would Casso sign for Matthews? The mind boggles.
    Why wouldn't he?

Mathews managed him at Shels, it's not exactly a great surprise that he's re-signing for an old manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why wouldn't he?

Mathews managed him at Shels, it's not exactly a great surprise that he's re-signing for an old manager.

Because it's Mathews.

CSF wrote: »
    Because it's Mathews.
    The same manager that got you promoted and into a cup final.

Shels fans actually think because they forged some sort of grudge against Mathews that players give a toss. Of course they don't.

The same manager that got you promoted and into a cup final.

Shels fans actually think because they forged some sort of grudge against Mathews that players give a toss. Of course they don't.
    Casso was one of the most wasted players under Mathews. Mathews brought in Paddy Kavanagh to play in his position and there is no doubting had lost the dressing room (of which Casso was captain) at the end of 2012 leading to almost the whole squad (including Casso) leaving.

But you keep going with your oversimplified summary of events as if you're well informed as to what went on at our club. That works too.

CSF wrote: »
    Casso was one of the most wasted players under Mathews. Mathews brought in Paddy Kavanagh to play in his position and there is no doubting had lost the dressing room (of which Casso was captain) at the end of 2012 leading to almost the whole squad (including Casso) leaving.

But you keep going with your oversimplified summary of events as if you're well informed as to what went on at our club. That works too.
    Oops, touched a nerve.

Shels fans constantly whinging about Mathews, ok lads, we get it. You don't like Mathews and he did poorly last season. It's getting a bit tiresome at this stage.

It's a bit silly of you to suggest I "continue with my oversimplified summary" after your previous reply was "because it's Mathews". A lot of insight given there...

The simple point I was making is, in LOI, situations dictate, Mathews managed him before and there aren't many other Dublin options available. Mathews may have lost the dressing room at Shels, I wouldn't dispute that, but that doesn't mean he was on poor terms with all players and I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign others like Graham Gartland/Ian Ryan types.

• Advertisement

Oops, touched a nerve.

Shels fans constantly whinging about Mathews, ok lads, we get it. You don't like Mathews and he did poorly last season. It's getting a bit tiresome at this stage.

It's a bit silly of you to suggest I "continue with my oversimplified summary" after your previous reply was "because it's Mathews". A lot of insight given there...

The simple point I was making is, in LOI, situations dictate, Mathews managed him before and there aren't many other Dublin options available. Mathews may have lost the dressing room at Shels, I wouldn't dispute that, but that doesn't mean he was on poor terms with all players and I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign others like Graham Gartland/Ian Ryan types.
    He is welcome to those types. Casso is disgracing himself to sign there though. Far too talented a footballer to be wasted there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Casso spent most of 2012 watching the ball being lumped over his head. If anything is oversimplified, it's the tactics Matthews used while Casso was there.

Cassidy doesn't much of a choice who has to stay close to Dublin and his options are limited.

You have no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Oops, touched a nerve.

Just asking one genuine question there, who likes it to be called 'deplorable'? Every fan should have the right to voice his disconcern, when his team is not doing well. And I can't recall any verbal abuse towards AM, before he called us 'deplorable'.

Not even talking about senseless substitutions and hoofball tactics...

Bayly and Kelly confirmed for Rovers?

Rumours that Elding wants to leave Cork to come back to us.

Was about time we had a stupid rumour.
    Silly season has landed at long last.

In the last few years we've been 'linked with' Darius Vassell, Robbie Fowler, Francis Jeffers and Pascal Chimbonda to name but a few.

Well today I was told we would be speaking to Jermaine Pennant. Hes interested apparently.

Bayly and Kelly confirmed for Rovers?
    Remember when they were going to dominate the league for years to come? Seems a long time ago now.

Dundalk will announce the re-signing of Keith Ward later today.Best of luck & fair play to him for all the the work he done in making a speedy recovery from a very serious injury.
    (http://www.dundalkfc.com/shocked-ward-faces-injury-lay-off/)
    Keith Ward ‏@KWard102
    6 months after me op I got the all clear today from the doc to go back playing and looking forward to the season now with Dundalk good times
    Keith Ward ‏@KWard102
    And just wana give a big thanks to everybody at @DundalkFC and @cheshpaul me Physio and the @PFAIOfficial and tony mac for there help aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What's going on in Tallaght?

Are those players being signed up for their B team? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Silly season has landed at long last.

In the last few years we've been 'linked with' Darius Vassell, Robbie Fowler, Francis Jeffers and Pascal Chimbonda to name but a few.

Well today I was told we would be speaking to Jermaine Pennant. Hes interested apparently.

There was a time a few years ago before we went bust when Arkaga were paying City players a couple of grand a week, and someone on our forum posted jokingly that James Milner was on the way over for talks. The next day the Evening Echo ran with it all over the back page.

Long story short, LOI is either full of the most gullible people known to man, or its full of pure sensationalists who love a good rumour. Saying that its probably both.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement