Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Zebra3 wrote: »
    What's going on in Tallaght?

Are those players being signed up for their B team? :confused:
    I'd say that is it, which is ridiculous. I remember people used to go on about how well-run Shamrock Rovers are. Other than having a big catchment area I don't see how they're any better run than all the other tenpenny operations in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CSF wrote: »
    Other than having a big catchment area I don't see how they're any better run than all the other tenpenny operations in the league.

A free ground and wiping a multimillion euro debt helped too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Pedro K

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bayly and Kelly confirmed for Rovers?

Absolutely disgusted with Bayly. He's not a very good player at all, and we all know what he's like.

I remember we played UCD in Bellfield,I think in 2010, and we lost 3-2. They scored a free kick that shouldn't have been given.

Bayly came on in the second half, didn't even look like he wanted to be there, did absolutely nothing.

Got himself involved in a scrap, sent off and then as he was getting taken off he tried to have a go at some of our fans (who were obviously voicing their displeasure) and spat at them.

Scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Pedro K wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusted with Bayly. He's not a very good player at all, and we all know what he's like.

I remember we played UCD in Bellfield,I think in 2010, and we lost 3-2. They scored a free kick that shouldn't have been given.

Bayly came on in the second half, didn't even look like he wanted to be there, did absolutely nothing.

Got himself involved in a scrap, sent off and then as he was getting taken off he tried to have a go at some of our fans (who were obviously voicing their displeasure) and spat at them.

Scumbag.

Bayley having a go at fans? Never!!

Know a Rovers fan in work who is distraught by all this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We playing Shels in a sekrit freindly morrow at 5 on Crumlins New astro.

Rumour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Pedro K wrote: »

Scumbag.

Bayly is a good player.

Your assessment is spot on in every other respect.

Saw the same crap last year away to Bray, too: inviting Shels fans out for a fight behind the goal.

Even if he was ten times the footballer he is I wouldn't sign him because he will let you down every time with the disciplinary/attitude stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CHealy wrote: »
    There was a time a few years ago before we went bust when Arkaga were paying City players a couple of grand a week, and someone on our forum posted jokingly that James Milner was on the way over for talks. The next day the Evening Echo ran with it all over the back page.

Long story short, LOI is either full of the most gullible people known to man, or its full of pure sensationalists who love a good rumour. Saying that its probably both.

That was Neil Mellor as a result of a prank phone call from Dave Rogers and Greg no?

Beat shels 4-1, tad windy out :O

We were nice enough to not play Fahey and Brennan together they got a half each. Totally dominated the match only it was a preseason and it would have been a lot more. Keegan scored a lovely goal for Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Beat shels 4-1, tad windy out :O

We were nice enough to not play Fahey and Brennan together they got a half each. Totally dominated the match only it was a preseason and it would have been a lot more. Keegan scored a lovely goal for Shels.

Who played well dreamers?

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    Who played well dreamers?

1st half
    ..........Gilmartin
    GOB Foran Brown Lorcan F
    ............Fahey
    ....Chambers Bayly
    Byrne..................Kavanagh
    ............Durrad

2nd half
    ..............Gilmartin
    MC Cormack....Oman Hoare....Bermo
    ...................Bolger
    ............Brennan Lynch
    Chindea......................Forrester
    ..............Verdon

Some outstanding football, the young lads all did well Chindea and Verdon stood out 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bayly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's 4-1 in Fahy's Field at the moment. Apparently Manning has just hit a cracking 30 yarder

Bayly?

Think hes an under-19 player.

Bayly?

Jack Bayly excellent prospect plays for ireland under 18s.

Forrester pulled off some weird reverse nutmeg on shels right back then shanked an open goal out of the park.:p

5-3 in Fahey's Field so far and Ndo scored directly from a corner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Wexford Youths comfortably beat Drogheda 2-0 tonight. It should have been 3 but the lino refused to give an obvious one that crossed the line (unbiased opinion on that one :D )

We have a very strong squad this year and will surprise a lot of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Awful conditions in Galway tonight. We lost a half and won a half. Wind played a huge part!

can't take much out of it. Odhiambo is going to be quality when he settles in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Awful conditions in Galway tonight. We lost a half and won a half. Wind played a huge part!

can't take much out of it. Odhiambo is going to be quality when he settles in.
    Good to hear. Anything else positive? Danny?
    Conditions must have been atrocious.

red sean wrote: »
    Good to hear. Anything else positive? Danny?
    Conditions must have been atrocious.
    Danny had one chance and he took it well. Looks relatively fit. Beat the line a couple more times but it didnt get to him

Boylan looked decent at rb in the first, with no support from dj. Loftus looked good in the second.

O'Conor will be a good signing too. Spillane needs to learn to stop hoofing, looks like McGuiness when he first arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Danny had one chance and he took it well. Looks relatively fit. Beat the line a couple more times but it didnt get to him

Boylan looked decent at rb in the first, with no support from dj. Loftus looked good in the second.

O'Conor will be a good signing too. Spillane needs to learn to stop hoofing, looks like McGuiness when he first arrived.

Did Russell or ledgewidth play

• Advertisement

hugo29 wrote: »
    Did Russell or ledgewidth play
    Ledwith played the first. There was a young lad in front of him who didn't look great so hard to judge his own performance.

Gaynor showed the same flaws as before so hopefully ledwith can step up.

Russell is injured.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Kalen is it?? I think he's actually trying to play pinpoint long balls, but he just hasn't realised that he really can't!! :D That's certainly one thing I won't be miss anyway!! He's a good young defender though apart from that. I was surprised we let him go to be honest.

Beat Crumlin 3-1 today 18 or so players got a game. Forrester and Durrad with 2.

Crumlin much tougher than Shels yesterday being in season and on their pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Harps & Cork played out a 3-3 draw in galway today. Cork coming back from 3-1 down. we also lost 2 of our defenders after a bad clash of heads early on, cowan needed stitches, mcnulty was concussed
    Harps team;
    Winn (trial ex dunalk, shams, galway)
    McNulty,P Mailey, Cowan, Coll,
    McCann,Funston,Tiofack (trial, ex limerick), Ruari Keating (on trial sligo lad)
    McCarron, McHugh

Also meant to be on trial is a young Canadian called Graham Fisher (ex Schalke) and Longford lad Daryl Carrigy (ex derby)... although longford are in for him now too

Was it windy up there? I have to get my car door fixed after the wind had its way with it yesterday. :(

overshoot wrote: »
    , Ruari Keating (on trial sligo lad)
    Thought he was gone to ye on loan.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Kalen is it?? I think he's actually trying to play pinpoint long balls, but he just hasn't realised that he really can't!! :D That's certainly one thing I won't be miss anyway!! He's a good young defender though apart from that. I was surprised we let him go to be honest.
    Thats the fella. Hes big and has a good first touch. Once Baraclough beats that out of him he'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Thought he was gone to ye on loan.
    possibly, hasnt been too much said about him & nothing official. been flat out the last week so a bit out of the loop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Seemed like a good weekend up in Galway for City. Delighted Harps gave us a game cause both teams will take a whole lot more from that game than lets say going out and battering Mervue 6-1 like on the Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Marky Sull with 3 in 2 games. Love too see him do well this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Marky Sull with 3 in 2 games. Love too see him do well this season

Quality player, should have been playing LOI for the last 10 years if he fully committed himself to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

CHealy wrote: »
    Quality player, should have been playing LOI for the last 10 years if he fully committed himself to it.

Well with a wedding too pay for etc in the near future I think he'll commit this time for the few bob alone and also cotter & caulfield will know how too man manage him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

David Cassidy expected to sign for Bray.

Confirmed over the weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Confirmed over the weekend. :(

Hope his neck holds up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was hoping Bohs would take a punt on Cassidy. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

overshoot wrote: »
    Harps & Cork played out a 3-3 draw in galway today. Cork coming back from 3-1 down. we also lost 2 of our defenders after a bad clash of heads early on, cowan needed stitches, mcnulty was concussed
    Harps team;
    Winn (trial ex dunalk, shams, galway)
    McNulty,P Mailey, Cowan, Coll,
    McCann,Funston,Tiofack (trial, ex limerick), Ruari Keating (on trial sligo lad)
    McCarron, McHugh

Also meant to be on trial is a young Canadian called Graham Fisher (ex Schalke) and Longford lad Daryl Carrigy (ex derby)... although longford are in for him now too
    Played the 1st 45mins for us last week v Wex.Youths.Ran around like a headless chicken for most of the half and didnt seem to know what position to slot into.(trials can be daunting so i understand his nervousness) I'm sure hes a good player at some level and he is prob on a learning curve atm.Very speedy ok but not LOI standard right now.

Nearly time

PREMIER DIVISION WINNERS Pat's
    EUROPA LEAGUE SPOTS Dundalk, Sligo
    FAI CUP WINNERS Dundalk
    EA SPORTS CUP WINNERS Derry
    SETANTA CUP WINNERS Sligo
    LEINSTER SENIOR CUP WINNERS Shamrock
    FIRST DIVISION WINNERS Longford
    RELEGATED Noone
    POTY Quigley
    1st player to England Towell
    Top Scorer Patterson
    1st Manager gone Collins
    Overacheiver Bohs

Following dreamers template

PREMIER DIVISION WINNERS Pats
    EUROPA LEAGUE SPOTS Rovers, Derry
    FAI CUP WINNERS The usual
    EA SPORTS CUP WINNERS Shams
    SETANTA CUP WINNERS Dundalk
    LEINSTER SENIOR CUP WINNERS Who cares?
    RELEGATED Bray
    POTY Djilali
    1st player to England Fahey
    Top Scorer North
    1st Manager gone Croly
    Overacheiver Cork

Galway have a 24 man squad including 4 goalkeepers. Anybody have any idea what thats all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Galway have a 24 man squad including 4 goalkeepers. Anybody have any idea what thats all about?
    No youth or underage teams. Decent size squad is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

No youth or underage teams. Decent size squad is a must.

Four keepers is all the more overkill without youth or underage teams. Realistically three of them will get next to no regular football, their development would probably be better served playing in the local junior leagues.

Four keepers is all the more overkill without youth or underage teams. Realistically three of them will get next to no regular football, their development would probably be better served playing in the local junior leagues.
    Fair point but nobody is holding a gun to their heads making them sign for the club. A lot of our players will be on amateur deals anyway, so it doesn't bother me. They're eager to be involved with the club. All four keepers are from Galway and are of a decent standard, no harm having them.

PREMIER DIVISION WINNERS Pat's
    EUROPA LEAGUE SPOTS Dundalk, Sligo
    FAI CUP WINNERS Pats
    EA SPORTS CUP WINNERS Dundalk
    SETANTA CUP WINNERS Dundalk
    LEINSTER SENIOR CUP WINNERS Shamrock
    RELEGATED UCD
    POTY Fahey
    1st player to England Towell
    Top Scorer Byrne
    1st Manager gone Russell if hes still there otherwise Collins
    Overacheiver Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Fair point but nobody is holding a gun to their heads making them sign for the club. A lot of our players will be on amateur deals anyway, so it doesn't bother me. They're eager to be involved with the club. All four keepers are from Galway and are of a decent standard, no harm having them.

Agreed on most of that (don't rate them all to be honest but the chaff won't be playing anyway so that's hardly an issue).

Agreed on most of that (don't rate them all to be honest but the chaff won't be playing anyway so that's hardly an issue).
    To be honest, we definitely missed the boat not getting Conor O'Malley but circumstances worked against us. I heard he (O'Malley) is in college in Maynooth so it's no real surprise that he has signed for Shamrock Rovers. I wouldn't say any of them are world beaters. But they're decent. Look around the League, there certainly aren't many great keepers.

That being said, if I had a choice right now of a position to improve it would probably be an experienced centre half or goalkeeper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs have Steven Beattie on trial (Formerly of Shels, Toronto and Tindastoll of Iceland). Scored a hat trick at the weekend against Swords Celtic.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/heary-mulling-over-beattie-contract-29979102.html

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

That being said, if I had a choice right now of a position to improve it would probably be an experienced centre half or goalkeeper.
    Maybe ye can bring in a fifth keeper in July.

kksaints wrote: »
    FAI CUP WINNERS Pats
    I doubt it.

I doubt it.

I'm an optimist. Also forgot to put this down.
    Champions League Winner 2014/15 St Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can we start a new thread for predictions?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement