Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Can't say I'm happy with Miller signing.

He was awful at Hibs, I mean awful.

If he still was good enough he be somewhere else in demand.

Its a good coup publicity wise, but nothing else. I know its LOI standard now but he has bit to prove to me.

I was thinking the same, have a feeling he'll be as useful as Stephen Bradley was for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CSF wrote: »
    Why say anything if you're not gonna tell us?

It's Rudi Skacel, the guy who played for Southampton years ago. I don't think they were in the PL back then though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's Rudi Skacel, the guy who played for Southampton years ago. I don't think they were in the PL back then though.
    Nah, they weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The league definitely needs more household names like this to boost attendances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anncoates wrote: »
    The league definitely needs more household names like this to boost attendances.

Yes and no.

Yes it helps with Rovers having Fahey/Mc Phail in the middle.

No it doesnt help Cian Kavanagh or the other little midfield guy in Rovers old B team.

Its a short term option that really is 50/50 on working out short term.

Fahey didnt help us with attendances but seriously some of the football he created was outrageous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In fairness, I never knew he was in the Premiership but I do remember him at Hearts and he always seem to bang in a good amount of goals for a midfielder. He was decent from what I recall although that was 8 or 9 years ago.

EDIT: Wiki tells me he scored 16 goals in 35 apps for Hearts. That's a good return. He's also been capped for Czech Republic 7 times and scored for them.

DOUBLE EDIT: He had a second run at Hearts from 2010-2012, scoring 25 times in 58 apps. Still, not too bad for midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

That's the best rumour since Egil Ogstenstad.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Fahey didnt help us with attendances but seriously some of the football he created was outrageous.

Think the buzz generated by those players is overrated even though he's quality. Only the likes of Keane, Duff or Dunne would put a few people on the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

irish_goat wrote: »
    He's been quite injury prone this last season too.

Although Patterson had a great goalscoring record for us, I think his best days are behind him. OK he stormed the league when he arrived, but last year he missed a sackful of chances too.

He has a recurring problem (with his back I think) which curtails his fitness. Last season he missed a few games and often when he played it was obvious he was carrying something.

Add to this that he has a stinking attitude and is a character that splits dressing rooms and teams. For me, it doesn't matter how good you are, if you are causing problems behind the scenes then you're better gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Think the buzz generated by those players is overrated even though he's quality. Only the likes of Keane, Duff or Dunne would put a few people on the gate.

Didnt duff say he'd like to finish his career at bray or something along those lines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I saw this man walking through Cork City earlier.Singapore League Cup's MVP 2014.(most valuable player).Could he also be on the way back to Cork City I wonder.

Roy O'Donovan.

Btax_kEIIAEOgBJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

He won't be signing if Caulfields interview yesterday is anything to go by. He mentioned we have 20 players signed with 5/6 more to sign on small wages/amateur terms, we don't have the money for anymore substantial wages and one of the perks of being in such financial trouble in the past, is that the fans now running the club won't make the same mistakes.

He would surely do a job in the SPL or lower Championship/League 1???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

gimmick wrote: »
    Doesn't he come with a "bit of baggage"?

In fairness, he did arrive from Australia.

Didnt duff say he'd like to finish his career at bray or something along those lines?

Think at the time that was just down to his links with Devlin?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Think at the time that was just down to his links with Devlin?
    Duff plans to move to Bray when he's finished with football, as far as I know, so could be handy for him. I think his wife might be from there. He's from Rovers country himself.

Surely nobody actively plans to move to Bray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Duff plans to move to Bray when he's finished with football, as far as I know, so could be handy for him. I think his wife might be from there. He's from Rovers country himself.

If word is to be believed, his mother currently lives there. I would've put it down to his links with Devlin though.

Limerick stadium may not be ready?

I did wonder why there was artists impressions released of a stadium thats opening in 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Limerick stadium may not be ready?

I did wonder why there was artists impressions released of a stadium thats opening in 2 months.

I was down there before Christmas and I would be shocked if it is ready for March.

Assume they can get back into thomand but it could mean changes to the fixtures.

Ridiculously amateur stuff from a club that's seemed quite well run in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Speaking of Limerick, what is Joey Ndo up to now? Has he retired (:() or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Speaking of Limerick, what is Joey Ndo up to now? Has he retired (:() or what?

Ballina mallard I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

looks like IT Carlow will be joining LOI first division if the rumours are to be believed

wadacrack wrote: »
    looks like IT Carlow will be joining LOI first division if the rumours are to be believed
    I think that'd be a big positive. As long as they're playing from Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Assume they can get back into thomand but it could mean changes to the fixtures.

Ridiculously amateur stuff from a club that's seemed quite well run in recent years.

Slow puncture started with us last season I feel. Fearing the worst to be honest.

I think Limerick should still play in Thomond for ever.

Mainly as they sell me beer and its a nice safe trip, even brought the boy last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Where did you hear this? Would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Given the unfathomable disdain that UCD are shown by many LOI fans it says a lot for how desperate we are for clubs that the idea of Carlow coming on board is being welcomed so much.

FC Carlow hardly set the world alight in the A Championship and even with the added 'glamour' of the First Division they'll face the same problems that UCD do surely? Most students with an interest in LOI there will already have a club and if you're say, a Chelsea fan from Tullamore or some such, I'm not convinced you'll rush out excitedly because Finn Harps or Cobh are in town. The locals, for the most part, will be no more likely to embrace the IT football team than they are any other code.

I know they have the carrot of their FAI course as an incentive but given that some of those players were drawn from existing clubs anyway it'd be interesting to see how that is impacted upon also.

All that said, I hope they come onboard but also that the expectation for them is to survive rather than immediately thrive if they do join the crazy roundabout that is our league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cork home and away and Derry home jerseys €20 on the FAI website.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cork home and away and Derry home jerseys €20 on the FAI website.

Last seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looks like he won't play for shams though? What use is this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Looks like he won't play for shams though? What use is this ?

I'm lost why won't he play??
    Sorry
    Just read his Twitter feed
    To specify that I will be taking no affect on Shamrock Rovers first team.. Simply there on rehab until 100% fit to rejoin Zaragoza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

sidcon wrote: »
    I'm lost why won't he play??

According to his own twitter he's only training for the year, seems odd/windup

• Advertisement

thought the name was familiar.

ouch

Why sign a contract to train? Surely Zaragoza have better facilities?

I'd assume it was a joke if there was anything funny about it.

Lads do we no who team number 8 are gonna be for 1st Division. Is it honestly gonna be Cabinteely? They'll steal UCD's fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Why sign a contract to train? Surely Zaragoza have better facilities?

I'd assume it was a joke if there was anything funny about it.

fairly sure it's a wind up, if you look at the pictures he put of his "contract" the 2nd one has the Northern Ireland crest at the top right of it so unless Norwich or Rovers have moved country in the last 24hours then its bogus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Omackeral wrote: »
    Lads do we no who team number 8 are gonna be for 1st Division. Is it honestly gonna be Cabinteely? They'll steal UCD's fan.

Supposedly Cabinteely being announced today/early next week. Rumours of where there playing is TEK Utd, Blackrock College ground or Carlisle Grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Omackeral wrote: »

Nah. College for life!

Yes and no.

Yes it helps with Rovers having Fahey/Mc Phail in the middle.

No it doesnt help Cian Kavanagh or the other little midfield guy in Rovers old B team.

Its a short term option that really is 50/50 on working out short term.

Looks like Kavanagh will be around. Well he's doing preseason at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Supposedly Cabinteely being announced today/early next week. Rumours of where there playing is TEK Utd, Blackrock College ground or Carlisle Grounds.

Still hearing it is a club from outside Dublin even if the momentum of opinion is Cabinteely

Still hearing it is a club from outside Dublin even if the momentum of opinion is Cabinteely

Any club in particular?

Looks like Kavanagh will be around. Well he's doing preseason at least.

Hooperman getting on a bit needs someone to take over the minor games.

Hooperman getting on a bit

He's only 5, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bray getting investigated for misappropriation of sports grants funds that aren't on their books.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Darren Quigley seems happy with that news.

Sure wouldn't we all in his position

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement