Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If I remember correctly,Jay O'Shea also made his debut at Old Trafford after he signed for Birmingham.

And Damien Delaney made his Leicester (first English appearance) debut there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

And Fahey made his Premiership debut there too I believe. He played for Birmingham before but looked very comfortable in that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

RTEs 1st game is 7:45 :)

Even when you leave the tag stays with you
    Kevin McDaid ‏@mariborkev 5h5 hours ago
    He may be long gone but a #greatestleagueintheworld type incident for O'Donovan http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/roy-odonovan-hoping-for-move-after-photo-mixup-ended-brunei-dream-30962378.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

"I was worried that me training with them could be a distraction for the club but John was fine about it, and I enjoyed training with them."

You'd swear he was David Beckham. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

"I was worried that me training with them could be a distraction for the club but John was fine about it, and I enjoyed training with them."

You'd swear he was David Beckham. :rolleyes:

It was more to do with the fact that they'd be obvious rumours about City signing him etc. Nothing in that really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Didn't realise O'Callaghan had left the Malaysian club. Could mean Zayed is back here at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dreamers75 wrote: »
    RTEs 1st game is 7:45 :)u

They must be reading the forums. :)

CCFCs attempt to re-sign all the 2005 title winning squad continues. Alan Bennett has rejoined. Thats a massive signing.

Dave Mulcahy gone also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Unreal signing, was definitely needed. Darren Dennehy, Dan Murray and Alan Bennett all competing for CB now. We are looking strong again for this year, hopefully maintain a title challenge but Europe is a must again.

• Advertisement

Pats and Rovers linked with Keith Treacy free agent at 26.

Good signings by Cork, how many of the 2005 team back now?

Colm ‏@ColmC91 13m13 minutes ago
    Welcome home @ABenno15
    B9KJqoVIEAAWeMV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

gimmick wrote: »
    CCFCs attempt to re-sign all the 2005 title winning squad continues. Alan Bennett has rejoined. Thats a massive signing.

Dave Mulcahy gone also.

What happened Mulcahy, did he retire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

"F*ck those Dublin c*nts".

How very small-time.

Omackeral wrote: »
    "F*ck those Dublin c*nts".

How very small-time.
    He's dead right though.

Bow down village type peasant people :D

I have no idea if thats real btw.

Good signings by Cork, how many of the 2005 team back now?

At the moment, just Flynn, Bennett and Murray, but over the years we have re-signed a good few, most recently Liam Kearney, but also Denis Behan, George, Danny Murphy.

Neal Horgan is still in the squad from 2005 (i think). Mark McNulty was the sub keeper at the time.

The team which started that night

Devine (retired)
    Horgan...Bennett...Murray...D Murphy (3 are in this years squad)
    Kearney...Gamble...O Callaghan...O Donovan (Kearney came and went twice since)
    O Flynn...Fenn (Flynn is back. Behand came on for Fenn and put in an MOTM performance. lefta nd re-signed also).

We like nostalgia in Cork.

• Advertisement

There'll be a lot of international experience on the pitch when we play cork.

Most of it belonging to sander puri of course.

Bow down village type peasant people :D

I have no idea if thats real btw.

Its real and the Cork City Council are discussing the proposed motion to have it put in place as the official city motto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

As if Cark has any relevance to anyone in Dublin.

Such a serious chip on their shoulder, if it wasn't so hilarious it would be quite sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Murray and Bennet were pretty solid at the back during their previous spell. Looking forward to that this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

simonw wrote: »
    What happened Mulcahy, did he retire?

The club has also confirmed that Dave Mulcahy has been released from his contract by mutual consent, due to work commitments.

Commenting on the matter, John Caulfield said: “Dave has found that the demands of full time training have proven difficult to work around. When he signed, we discussed the possibility that there would be a conflict between training and his work commitments, but we agreed to try to work with it for a month in pre-season to see how it went. Unfortunately, it did not work out and we have agreed to terminate his contract, but Dave has been an absolute gentleman to deal with and we would all like to wish him well for the future.”

• Advertisement

Such a serious chip on their shoulder, if it wasn't so hilarious it would be quite sad really.

It always amazes me how Dub's never see the sarcasm in the stuff we say. I think the chips are on somebody elses shoulders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

It always amazes me how Dub's never see the sarcasm in the stuff we say. I think the chips are on somebody elses shoulders.

We're of so little relevance to them that they have to vehemently highlight that point at every possible opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We like nostalgia in Cork.

Will it be an * or a new Cork club this season?

Omackeral wrote: »
    "F*ck those Dublin c*nts"..

Kinda like the way Cork or Sligo think they have a rivalry with Rovers.

It's like having a demented mullah stalker that you feel slightly paternal and vaguely annoyed about simultaneously, whenever you give the matter thought - which isn't often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

These lads can't be cheap, have Cork upped their budget this season or?

Still have my fingers crossed on seeing * next to Shels.

5 years and our newest 'franchise' went from having 13 youth players in Derry to being 42 minutes away from winning the league last year, all with an average attendance just shy of 4 thousand.

You can have your history, I'll take the present./

anncoates wrote: »
    Kinda like the way Cork or Sligo think they have a rivalry with Rovers.

It's like having a demented mullah stalker that you feel slightly paternal and vaguely annoyed about simultaneously, whenever you give the matter thought - which isn't often.

Where did you get this from? I don't care about Sligo but many Cork City fans have a slight soft spot for the Shamrocks. When ye were in the **** City fans were applauded by Rovers fans in Dalymount after lending a help in hand, similarly, Shamrock's 400 club lent a great deal of knowledge to us when Foras was applying for a licence in 2010. I'll say to you what I say to Waterford fans, don't try and create a rivalry that isn't there.

Still have my fingers crossed on seeing * next to Shels.

I'd hazard a guess Cork will have had 2 replacement teams by then...

FORAS City Part 2 and Cork City X

CHealy wrote: »
    but many Cork City fans have a slight soft spot for the Shamrocks. .

New signature sorted. :0

Love the way he was saying "The buzz is back. it's the real Cork again."

Read: They can afford my wages now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Saw this tweet earlier today, he makes a good point.

https://twitter.com/kaaaaner/status/563665767083048961

edit: I do think it's great for Cork to be getting these players in, but a few days ago people were saying how moving to Cambridge was merely a sidewards step for Gearoid Morrissey.

• Advertisement

I'd hazard a guess Cork will have had 2 replacement teams by then...

FORAS City Part 2 and Cork City X

OBSESSED

OBSESSED

As the banner said a couple of years against yous...

wtdqvo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Like that one, my fav has to the the Not Bitter Just Better response though.

As the banner said a couple of years against yous...

So what you are saying is the 5 of you care so little about us ye make cute little banners about us?

Obsessed.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Like that one, my fav has to the the Not Bitter Just Better response though.

That was perfect.

For a group of fans who repeatedly state that there is not and never was a rivalry between Rovers and Shams, they do tend to travel to the other side of the country it big numbers and put a lot of effort into their banners/tifo displays when they play us. Strange..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

https://twitter.com/kaaaaner/status/563665767083048961

edit: I do think it's great for Cork to be getting these players in, but a few days ago people were saying how moving to Cambridge was merely a sidewards step for Gearoid Morrissey.

In fairness if you can't see the complete difference in both signings....

Generic 'black or white' tweets like that to make a point is something Twitter is poison for. Bennett a former captain who has already played with a few clubs there coming home to play his last few years versus a player 10 years younger than him who was vital to the team last season who I don't think surprise was an unusual reaction that he only went to Cambridge.

Also what's wrong with saying we enjoy and look forward possibly a bit more than others to our games against Rovers and used to against Shels!? Why do people get so uppity abut that? No 1 or 2 game is the be all and end all but it's nice to have those grudge type matches in a season. Don't act as if Rovers and Shels didn't participate in the little rivalry too in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Corholio wrote: »
    In fairness if you can't see the complete difference in both signings....

Generic black and white tweets like that to 'make a point' is something Twitter is poison for. Bennett a former captain who has already played with a few clubs there coming home to play his last few years versus a player 10 years younger than him who was vital to the team last season who I don't think surprise was an unusual reaction that he only went to Cambridge.

True, not sure where I stand on it myself tbh, would be fairly disappointed if a player coming from League 2 was a standout player in the league though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Towell moving to City or Pats would be a sideways step. Fagan or Healy going the other way would still be a good signing, though.

Oat23 wrote: »
    For a group of fans who repeatedly state that there is not and never was a rivalry between Rovers and Shams, they do tend to travel to the other side of the country it big numbers and put a lot of effort into their banners/tifo displays when they play us. .

Bit weird that when you think about it.

Football supporters travelling in large numbers to away games and bringing banners and flares.

Sounds suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah now lads c'mon. Enough of the petty sniping between the Dubs and Corkonians. Why not call a ceasefire and talk civily to each other about how great Dundalk are?

Bit weird that when you think about it.
    Football supporters travelling in large numbers to away games and bringing banners and flares.
    Sounds suspect.
    Compared to your support at other games outside Dublin, yes it is. We are just another team after all. No rivalry or dislike for us at all..

Your support cares a little more about beating us than it does Derry, Galway, or Limerick. They just don't like admitting it for some reason.
    Pighead wrote: »
    Ah now lads c'mon. Enough of the petty sniping between the Dubs and Corkonians. Why not call a ceasefire and talk civily to each other about how great Dundalk are?

Is it known how much Towell is getting or should I wait for dreamers to come online and tell us? I am curious how much it took for him to re-sign.

I'm sure he got a raise after last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I couldn't really care less about who is whos rivals tbh, shams fans do you think Danny North will get in team now that Drennan is there?

Really looking forward to the season now after we signed Puri and Neilsen, its an unknown at present however this is after the #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

Is it known how much Towell is getting or should I wait for dreamers to come online and tell us? I am curious how much it took for him to re-sign.

No idea, he is signed since last year tho.

Clever tactic if they had of sold him, if not they get to keep him. He can leave for free this year as he will be 24.

Loving the sniping, you know football is back when the thread is all bitching and sniping. Cmon Tolka Rovers lets be having yah!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm sure he got a raise after last season.
    I haven't heard anyway. Maybe one of the other Dundalk lads know. Fyffes are paying a portion of it so that helps. At a guess if say he's on about €1200 a week.

I couldn't really care less about who is whos rivals tbh, shams fans do you think Danny North will get in team now that Drennan is there?

To be fair to North, he looks like he's shifted a fair bit of weight.

IIRC, Drennan and North are the only signed forwards in the squad ( few training with us though) so far so might even be playing together unless he goes with one up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Really looking forward to the season now after we signed Puri and Neilsen, its an unknown at present however this is after the #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

I want to see this hashtag used once a month at least by fans of each team for stuff that's ridiculosly sadly funny and oh so very LOI . Things like Ger O Brien buying chips for the fans after the cup match or players needing lifts from their ma's or having to shower in the local swimming pool etc. Choose the best one at the end of the season.

IIRC, Drennan and North are the only signed forwards in the squad ( few training with us though) so far so might even be playing together unless he goes with one up front.

Never seen Fenlon play one up top in LOI, Bohs shels fans may have. Seen it in Europe but not the LOI.

Some cracking midfields this season top 5 are seriously decent. Actually its only the top 5 :D

Towell Finn Shields
    Miller Healy Buckley
    Brennan Bolger Forrester
    Fahey Cregg McPhail
    Wearen Cawley Puri

Assuming everyone copycats Pats and goes with 3 :pac: if everyone else is 442 we win by default.

Fahey Cregg McPhail

Ryan Brennan and Brandon Miele in squad too.

You're right though. Some very decent squads this season.

To be fair to North, he looks like he's shifted a fair bit of weight.

How is this even possible. He has never been closer to Nandos than he is now.

How is this even possible. He has never been closer to Nandos than he is now.

Think one is opening in the square actually. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement