Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Further players signed for the club as of today:

Gerard Cheevers, Evan Preston Kelly, Igor Cunha, Eduardo Laceda, Thiago Olivera, Igor Vianna, Wallace Xaviar, Renan Santos, David O'Connell, Paul Smith, Dave Butterfield, Arthur Zokli, Ray King, Rory Gartlan and Shane McInerney.

Were these players there last season or have you raided some poor south american country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Ebbs wrote: »
    Were these players there last season or have you raided some poor south american country?
    They weren't here last season. They're probably from Gort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

They weren't here last season. They're probably from Gort!

Brazilians but brought up on GAA training = formidable. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

If i was a Shams fan I'd be giving it the 'underhand dealings, going out of business, paying people under the table' route, but I'm not so I won't

That makes no sense. How does us paying a fee for the man mean we are being underhand?

More infantile gibberish.

One more defender, hold onto Mannus and we will gallop this league

One more defender, hold onto Mannus

Hopefully Chambers too.

At least Chambers and Rice can play at right-full but would love more cover elsewhere.

stovelid wrote: »
    Hopefully Chambers too.

At least Chambers and Rice can play at right-full but would love more cover elsewhere.

Chambers is back in training, so I assume will stay, although if Charlie Grant comes in I can't see him getting much game time. For a young lad he shouldn't have the question marks over his fitness.

We need another centre half as a priority though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Any Shels fans hear talk of a friendly between us? Was up at the club today and it was mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

We signed back Danny North

http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=4102

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

One more defender, hold onto Mannus and we will gallop this league

What's the situation with signings/re-signed in midfield, Rice, Turner, Dennehy...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

frantic190 wrote: »
    Any Shels fans hear talk of a friendly between us? Was up at the club today and it was mentioned.

Our board and Matthews have been very tight lipped close season, but we've played yous the last 3 seasons during pre-season so wouldn't surprise me. Dalymount please!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dalymount please!
    Ditto!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

dfx- wrote: »
    What's the situation with signings/re-signed in midfield, Rice, Turner, Dennehy...?

They're all in contract no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

We signed back Danny North

http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=4102

Good man danny - a fine judge you are
    "Overall it was disappointing to finish the season with nothing, we missed out on European football when we lost to Sligo in our last game though they were probably the best footballing side in the league last year"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

They're all in contract no?

Rice, Turner and Billy all have another year left on their deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Colin Hawkins has resigned for Sporting Fingal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Paul Keegan to Doncaster.

That Jamaican keeper has his work permit for Rovers now. Jennings is out of contract, so I assume will be released. Pity, because we never saw what he could do.

Jamacian winger in on trial, presumably to balance Stewart leaving. From the sounds of it, he has made a very good impression.

djpbarry wrote: »
    Paul Keegan to Doncaster.

Pity, another mouth less for Bohs to feed.

OK move for Keegan in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Jennings is out of contract, so I assume will be released. Pity, because we never saw what he could do.
    Fuck all.

OK move for Keegan in fairness.

It is. But its a great move for the Tans, which dissapoints me.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Jamacian winger in on trial, presumably to balance Stewart leaving. From the sounds of it, he has made a very good impression.

Name? Where's he come from!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Where's he come from!?

Jamaica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Vinny Faherty off to a Turkish 2nd Division team apparently.

Looks like Drogheda Utd are in serious problems, before the season starts - http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4783/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

iregk wrote: »
    Rice, Turner and Billy all have another year left on their deals.

With Bradley and Bayly going...who else is signed in there

dfx- wrote: »
    With Bradley and Bayly going...who else is signed in there

O Donnell and hopefully Chambers will sign again.

Happy enough with Ricer, Chambers, Turner and O Donnell competing for two (or three) berths in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

O Donnell and hopefully Chambers will sign again.

Happy enough with Ricer, Chambers, Turner and O Donnell competing for two (or three) berths in the middle.

Dean Kelly ex crumlin/oldham to sign for yourselves or us (training with you atm). Superp player would improve any LOI side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

And the football bypassing the lot of them! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dean Kelly ex crumlin/oldham to sign for yourselves or us (training with you atm). Superp player would improve any LOI side.

Where does he play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

CiaranC wrote: »
    Where does he play?
    striker

Paulw wrote: »
    Colin Hawkins has resigned for Sporting Fingal. :)

He didn't get his wish to come to Shels anyway.

Looks like Drogheda Utd are in serious problems, before the season starts - http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4783/

Déjà vu! Good riddens in all fairness if you can't learn you're lesson after them f*cking up the last time just over 2 years ok do they really deserve another chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Déjà vu! Good riddens in all fairness if you can't learn you're lesson after them f*cking up the last time just over 2 years ok do they really deserve another chance?

Hard to see the FAI bailing them out again. What a shocking position for them to be in post-examinership. I thought they'd turn things around unlike what happened in Cork.

He didn't get his wish to come to Shels anyway.

His wish to join Shels? LOL. The choice was totally his. He was released back when the season ended.

Drogheda need 200k by the end of the month. I have no idea how they can raise that money.

I pity the supporters and players, but the organisation need to take responsibility for the mess.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Hard to see the FAI bailing them out again. What a shocking position for them to be in post-examinership. I thought they'd turn things around unlike what happened in Cork.

I'm still baffled at how they managed to rack up such an amount of debt in just over 2 years. It's not like they've to pay for repairs to the ground, they probably charge to use that car park for people going to the hospital, etc... Can see them going down the route of Cork, winding up Drogheda Utd and then setting up a fans' run club.
    His wish to join Shels? LOL. The choice was totally his. He was released back when the season ended.

Drogheda need 200k by the end of the month. I have no idea how they can raise that money.

I pity the supporters and players, but the organisation need to take responsibility for the mess.

He said he wanted to come back to Shels, but afaik we didn't offer him a contract.

Only way Drogheda are trying to raise that money it seems is through that Claret and Blue club thing.

dreamers75 wrote: »

No idea what he's like but heard he's pretty decent too. Sounds like a good bit of business for either club to get him. Another striker and some cover in defence (left full/centre half) is definitely needed.

That Jamaican keeper has his work permit for Rovers now. Jennings is out of contract, so I assume will be released. Pity, because we never saw what he could do.

Leaving to.....?

Leaving to.....?

Was linked with Derry before I think. Not sure if it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Leaving to.....?

Hopefully to Pat's.......if only to stop the f*cker scoring against us!!! :mad:

Roll on the fudge:
    The urgency of the matter comes into focus because under FAI licencing regulations, League of Ireland clubs must have "a firm commitment of €200,000" and this is required before the January 31st deadline.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2011/0118/1224287833113.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Roll on the fudge:

here's two, one or Drogs, one for Dublin 7

cadbury_fudge.jpg

Must be still some fudge left in United Park from 2008/2009.:rolleyes:

In other news, just got confirmation that Brian Gartland has signed for Portadown from Monaghan.:confused:

Was linked with Derry before I think. Not sure if it's true.

Why take a step down? Family reasons?

Hes a handy player to have, would have thought MON would be scrambling to resign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I'm still baffled at how they managed to rack up such an amount of debt in just over 2 years.
    I’m guessing their problems are a hangover from that period – problems that needed to be address obviously were not. That said, I’m by no means an expert on the examinership process, but like yourself, I see no other explanation for such a colossal debt.
    Why take a step down? Family reasons?
    Jaysus lads, would ye get over yerselves? Just because the lad doesn’t want to play for Rovers, doesn’t mean there’s something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Only way Drogheda are trying to raise that money it seems is through that Claret and Blue club thing.

As far as I know the current owners have agreed to sell the club for a nominal fee of €1. And then try and raise €180,000 by selling 180 shares for €1000 each to supporters. Each share would entitle you to one vote on club matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

ROI under 23 International Greg Bolger signs from UCD to SFFC citing European Football as the reason for the switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

djpbarry wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, would ye get over yerselves? Just because the lad doesn’t want to play for Rovers, doesn’t mean there’s something wrong!

Have to agree here and I've said as much to a few threads on the rovers forum. Every player that doesn't come to us is apparently an idiot that has no ambition and any player who wants out is clearly mentally retarded.

Stewart maybe just hasn't settled. I know he had his issues when he moved down, particularly with the other half so it could be a case that he just wants to move back north or he has done what he wanted with Rovers.

Have met Tommy and seems like a sound lad. He's a decent player with a knack of getting important goals but I don't think he's good enough to beg to stay or anything like that. If any of these mooted wide/forward players come to fruition, I think we should be OK. Again, it's defence that in need iof bodies.

Agree too that while it would seem natural to opt for the current title holders/champions league, it's not always as straighforward as that and more power to him as long as he doesn't dick us around about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

ROI under 23 International Greg Bolger signs from UCD to SFFC citing European Football as the reason for the switch.

Watched UCD a fair bit last year and Bolger was their stand out player for me. Quality signing for Fingal IMO, although he does seem to get sent off a fair bit, I think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Watched UCD a fair bit last year and Bolger was their stand out player for me. Quality signing for Fingal IMO, although he does seem to get sent off a fair bit, I think...

Dundalk couldn't match the wage being offered by Fingal. Quality signing by them and good replacement for Williams if he makes his expected move across the water. Fingal will be very strong again next year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement