Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

you're seriouslly responding to a post made 10 pages ago!!!! its gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Flood signed for Fingal.

Crowley and MulcThe Beast confirmed for pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Bisto is a great signing.

Bisto is a great signing.

never rated him tbh, good 1st division player.

Stuey Byrne player/coach at bohs :(

We have Gill/Mahon no chance of him getting a coaching gig with us :(

So the drogs saga finally completes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

He seemed to come on in leaps and bounds when he joined us. He was great for us.

He seemed to come on in leaps and bounds when he joined us. He was great for us.

His only good stint in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Moans like a bastard but did the business to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Moans like a bastard but did the business to be fair to him.

He's a moany trollock but he can deliver, personnally don't see him being a top class player in the Premier Division. Fingals money talks again by the looks of it anyway, 90% sure that we offered him a contract too, and when you've a new born child to pay the extra couple of hundred helps.

Someone on foot.ie saying Davey "let rob the kits" Rogers signed for Mons, now if there was any doubt they wouldn't be competing for promotion this season this has just sealed their faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

He's a moany trollock but he can deliver, personnally don't see him being a top class player in the Premier Division. Fingals money talks again by the looks of it anyway, 90% sure that we offered him a contract too, and when you've a new born child to pay the extra couple of hundred helps.

Yes all to do with money, nothing about the premier division v first division option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Someone on foot.ie saying Davey "let rob the kits" Rogers signed for Mons, now if there was any doubt they wouldn't be competing for promotion this season this has just sealed their faith.

Are you suggesting Rogers isn't good enough for the First Div? :eek:
    darsar wrote: »
    Yes all to do with money, nothing about the premier division v first division option.

For an unemployed bloke with a newborn kid it should be all about the money!! I'd expect anyone in his situation to take the higher wage even if it was in the lower division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Zebra3 wrote: »
    For an unemployed bloke with a newborn kid it should be all about the money!!

I thought he was a postman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Zayed signed for derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Zayed signed for derry

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Zayed signed for derry

How many times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lets be fair and honest about it, no1 actually wants to sign for Sporting Fingal for any other reason than cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

CSF wrote: »
    Lets be fair and honest about it, no1 actually wants to sign for Sporting Fingal for any other reason than cash.

So you're ruling out the prospect of playing in the top flight as opposed to the second and playing in Europe as a pull factor?

So you're ruling out the prospect of playing in the top flight as opposed to the second and playing in Europe as a pull factor?
    When the club is Sporting Fingal yeah. Players don't go there to fulfill their ambitions, just to get a wad of cash. They were doing the exact same when Fingal were a First Division club.

For an unemployed bloke with a newborn kid it should be all about the money!! I'd expect anyone in his situation to take the higher wage even if it was in the lower division.

I forgot my rolley eyes! Getting tiresome now about this topic if Fingal and cash. We're talking about Ireland here lads. The difference of having one or two hundred a week more really counts in the low pay scale.

We are not talking Bent moving from one club to another for £20k more.

People hear Fingal and think money but are Shels in Setanta, Premier division, Europa Cup? Years later and some Shels can't get to grasp they are a first division club now.

And, they couldn't wait to get Flood out after been sent off in the play off against Fingal last year.

I forgot my rolley eyes! Getting tiresome now about this topic if Fingal and cash. We're talking about Ireland here lads. The difference of having one or two hundred a week more really counts in the low pay scale.

We are not talking Bent moving from one club to another for £20k more.

People hear Fingal and think money but are Shels in Setanta, Premier division, Europa Cup? Years later and some Shels can't get to grasp they are a first division club now.

And, they couldn't wait to get Flood out after been sent off in the play off against Fingal last year.
    None of that true, money makes so much more difference when you're earning less. The extra money Bent is making now probably won't make a huge amount of difference to his life.

Also everyone can grasp that Shels are a First Division club now. We know that when the likes of Pats, Dundalk and Rovers come in they get players ahead of us because they're more attractive clubs to join. They're big clubs aswell as playing in the big competitions. No1 is enticed by the prestige of playing for Sporting Fingal, 2 European games, and a mickey mouse all Ireland Cup aren't going to make them an appealing proposition. Money does.

As for the Flood situation, the people who wanted him gone when he left were in a massive minority. Would have killed for him to stay then, and would kill to have him back now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Mannus to re-sign for us and looks like Chambers possibly to Hamilton. Should be some official Rovers news this week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Anto Murphy and Aidan Price to Fingal done deal.

None of that true, money makes so much more difference when you're earning less. The extra money Bent is making now probably won't make a huge amount of difference to his life.

Which is exactly what I said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Some of the sh1te spouted by Shels fans is laughable lads.

So what if Fingal offered more? Even if Shels and Fingal offered the same amount why would anyone choose Shels? Madness being talked here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I thought he was a postman?

Flood is only just back from Sweden. Didn't know he had a job that quickly.

You complain about what I said and then totally agree with me. :confused:

Well done. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just keep saying that out loud and someone might believe you. :D "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home....."

I can't see how Fingal can offer more money than any club currently. You forget that there is no big payroll for the club any more, and there have been major cutbacks, including players wages. Fingal are working on a very tight budget this year.

I guess no player in the league can be impressed by how Fingal play? The fact that they were only 5 points behind the league winners? The fact that they have qualified for Europe again? They fact that they play attractive football, and the pundits like the style of play? The fact that the club has already some quality players? The fact that they want to continue to play quality football, have ambitions to win the league, and continue to advance in Europe?

Time for people to come back to reality. Yes, money counts. But, for the same money, any player will want to play for a team with potential - potential to win the league and do well in Europe.

I can't believe that people still think that Fingal are or even can offer more money than others.

You complain about what I said and then totally agree with me. :confused:

Well done. :rolleyes:

No, I complain that it is been spouted off that people only sign for Fingal for cash. I point out that the Premier division over the first is a factor as well as Europe etc.

You were complaining and then agreeing if anything.

Oh and :rolleyes:

EDIT: sorry Zeb, misread you for CFS.

Point being anyway that while money of course matters sometimes it's good to play at the best level. Aa someone said, if another club offers same as Fingal and player chooses Fingal for attractive football reasons, player is concidered to be following money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Can we have a dedicated "Argue about Sporting Fingal" thread please?

I'm not joking.

Galway United are bringing in quite a few loanees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Paulw wrote: »
    Just keep saying that out loud and someone might believe you. :D "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home....."

I can't see how Fingal can offer more money than any club currently. You forget that there is no big payroll for the club any more, and there have been major cutbacks, including players wages. Fingal are working on a very tight budget this year.

I guess no player in the league can be impressed by how Fingal play? The fact that they were only 5 points behind the league winners? The fact that they have qualified for Europe again? They fact that they play attractive football, and the pundits like the style of play? The fact that the club has already some quality players? The fact that they want to continue to play quality football, have ambitions to win the league, and continue to advance in Europe?

Time for people to come back to reality. Yes, money counts. But, for the same money, any player will want to play for a team with potential - potential to win the league and do well in Europe.

I can't believe that people still think that Fingal are or even can offer more money than others.

Anto Flood is one of csf s favourite players. His world would fall apart if he thought Anto would sign for us for any other reason than money. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

When the club is Sporting Fingal yeah. Players don't go there to fulfill their ambitions, just to get a wad of cash. They were doing the exact same when Fingal were a First Division club.

And hoofing the ball for shels would be ambitious would it? Truth is you dont know how much the players get in any football club, you only assume.

• Advertisement

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Mannus to re-sign for us and looks like Chambers possibly to Hamilton. Should be some official Rovers news this week anyway.

Is Chambers still contracted? If so any rumours of a price?
    SantryRed wrote: »
    So what if Fingal offered more?

Short memory there Ben, ever hear of Gerry Gannon no? That's why I care a lot.
    http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Developer-Gerry-Gannon-still-owes-NAMA-13-billion-112369924.html

Paul any idea of you're budget for the season as a matter of interest?

I think Paul's budget is less this year as well :)

Truth is you dont know how much the players get in any football club, you only assume.

CSF mightn't but I have a fair idea of what the main players at Shels earn, and a few other LoI players do too including a few Fingal players, you're obviously not aware that a few LoI like spilling the beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Is Chambers still contracted? If so any rumours of a price?

Unfortunately not.

Personally i wouldnt be bothered what they earn same as they wouldnt care how much i get. All i care is that they get paid and on time which is the main factor for players when they sign for their respective clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Flood is only just back from Sweden. Didn't know he had a job that quickly.

Apologies, I thought ye were still on about Dave Rogers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well is anybody surprised?

FAI could lend Bohemians money
    Saturday, 22 January 2011 12:15
    The FAI could lend Bohemians money to pay their players and help the Dalymount Park club secure a future in the League of Ireland.
    Bohs have not paid their contracted players for seven weeks, with defenders Brian Shelley and Stephen Grey pursuing a winding-up order against the club after losing patience with the situation.
    The duo were set to hold a press conference on Friday to discuss their grievances and explain the reasons behind trying to wind-up one of Ireland's most famous outfits.
    However, FAI Chief Executive John Delaney intervened and promised to enter negotiations with the players and Bohs separately in a bid to address the matter.
    The Irish Independent claims the FAI could now pay the players the money they are owed and the footballing body would then deduct any future prize money Bohemians win to claim back the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I can't believe that people still think that Fingal are not or even can't offer more money than others.

Short memory there Ben, ever hear of Gerry Gannon no? That's why I care a lot.
    http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Developer-Gerry-Gannon-still-owes-NAMA-13-billion-112369924.html

Paul any idea of you're budget for the season as a matter of interest?

Gannon is long gone from the club. He pulled out near the end of last season, and it was announced back in ... Nov??? Time to move on Gavin.

Yeah, my budget this season is limited, but the move to Dalymount helps me. :D
    doncarlos wrote: »
    I can't believe that people still think that Fingal are not or even can't offer more money than others.

Fingal can offer more than some clubs - Drogheda and Bohs are examples. :P

But, Fingal can't offer more than Shamrock Rovers, and others ... those clubs with stable financial situations. Fingal have a drastically reduced budget from previous years. I know this for a fact, since there have been a good number of cuts in the organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

But, Fingal can't offer more than Shamrock Rovers, and others ...

Offered Gary O'Neill a better contract than Shamrock Rovers could
    Offered Greg Bolger a better contract than Dundalk could

I do believe you that the budget has been cut but I still suspect that it is close to Rovers and higher than the rest.

I do believe you that the budget has been cut but I still suspect that it is close to Rovers and higher than the rest.

With Gary, I was informed that there was a lot more to it than money, and even from the rumours here, the money difference was minimal. 2k over the year? Hardly big money.

With Greg, it was more the package than the bottom line. Besides, who'd want to live in Dundalk? ;)

Not saying that the club didn't make special efforts to target players, but like any team, there are times when you need specific players and are willing to spend extra there and cut back in other areas. With the possibility of Williams and/or Finn leaving to go to the UK, a midfielder to replace was needed.

As for the budget, I think the Rovers budget is much higher than the Fingal one. While the club have secured financing for the coming season, it's nowhere near previous levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

With Gary, I was informed that there was a lot more to it than money, .

From my experience (as a supporter) for the majority of players, more to it than money is either a lie or just means the bottom line is bigger in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anto Flood is the most over rated Shels player of all time. He's slow running with the ball, rarely passes early enough, doesn't understand the off side rule, constantly moans at everyone and is a bad finisher. Delighted he didn't resign with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

John Russell re-signed for us. Just got a text from the club.

Great to have Russell - Ryan - Ndo in midfield again next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I would be inclinded to think its still higher than Rovers. And I suspect Rovers are behind Sligs too.

• Advertisement

Gannon is long gone from the club. He pulled out near the end of last season, and it was announced back in ... Nov??? Time to move on Gavin.

Yeah, my budget this season is limited, but the move to Dalymount helps me. :D

He still invested €750,000 into Fingal, no need to move on, the point still stands and will do while taxpayers are paying off his €1 billion in NAMA.

Nice to know it's limited, but any idea of Sporting Fingals budget for this season?

I would be inclinded to think its still higher than Rovers. And I suspect Rovers are behind Sligs too.

Any idea what Rovers budget is for the season? And since you lot know about Sligo, what is their budget?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

He still invested €750,000 into Fingal, no need to move on, the point still stands and will do while taxpayers are paying off his €1 billion in NAMA.

Nice to know it's limited, but any idea of Sporting Fingals budget for this season?

Any idea what Rovers budget is for the season? And since you lot know about Sligo, what is their budget?;)

this is where he disappears gavin - when you ask for facts - he is just a wind up merchant afraid of anyone challenging his beloved shams for honours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    John Russell re-signed for us. Just got a text from the club.

Great to have Russell - Ryan - Ndo in midfield again next season.

Careful now, after that post the Shamrock Rovers fans will read that as "resigned" and have him signing for them next Tuesday.

His investment was before NAMA. Since NAMA came on the scene no money was invested.

But again, he has no (zero) involvement for this season and is no longer part of the club. All the current budget is based upon the new sponsors and funding.

I don't know the actual figure of the budget, but even if I did, I wouldn't be at liberty to post it. But, the figure is not even close to last year.

I don't know the actual figure of the budget, but even if I did, I wouldn't be at liberty to post it. But, the figure is not even close to last year.

Thought it might have been mentioned at the public meeting by your club the other week. Last seasons budget was upwards of €17,000 yes?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement