Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

barry murphy was linked to us in one of the rags today.would be a quality signing

Jaysis Barry, where did it all go wrong... Freefall.

Gartland in on loan, Kelly signing. Oman rumour is, as most things that start on the B*hs forum, garbage. Rememeber that Shelley was deffo signing? Murphy rumour might have legs though. He is a versitile player, he can dive anywhere on a pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

barry murphy was linked to us in one of the rags today.would be a quality signing

Poor old Baz. Bohs never did end up being good for that car and house.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ebbs wrote: »
    Id rather get someone young in if it is to play second string, and I sure as hell wouldnt want either in the starting line up. Dan Murrey and Oman at the back... God please no.

Murray and Sives with Gartland as cover...not bad. Though I said that about Bradley and Bayly in midfield too..

What is the status of Murray, how long is he out for? Someone told me he was back training or ready to go back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Jesus from number one for the biggest club in the country to the arsehole of Sligo, what a fall from grace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dfx- wrote: »
    Murray and Sives with Gartland as cover...not bad. Though I said that about Bradley and Bayly in midfield too..

What is the status of Murray, how long is he out for? Someone told me he was back training or ready to go back..

Pretty sure I seen him in the training pics, so assume he'll start the season.

Not sure about murray still tbh, id love gartland there instead of him. If we do sign Gartland, Id say its to start instead of Sivves. I always got the feeling from MO'N that he doesnt trust Sivves.

I'll try start this season without judging the players on previous mistakes, especially half of them near killing me during the Fingal display et el. Lets hope Murray and the likes are on top form, adjusting just isnt an excuse for a lot of them this season.

I can see rovers maybe snapping up another striker if Tommy does go. Very hard to play Kilduff, Twigg and Shepard together as they are all out and out strikers. No one like Dessie, Barret, etc to play second role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ebbs wrote: »
    I can see rovers maybe snapping up another striker if Tommy does go. Very hard to play Kilduff, Twigg and Shepard together as they are all out and out strikers. No one like Dessie, Barret, etc to play second role.

O neill "said" the reason he didnt sign was he was told by Mon he intended on playing 1 up front most of the time and twigg was no 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dreamers75 wrote: »

O neill "said" the reason he didnt sign was he was told by Mon he intended on playing 1 up front most of the time and twigg was no 1

MO'N has said he dislikes 451 and that he models his team around twiggs fitness. He said twigg likes a player like dessie behind him and his mysterious "433" was just to make up for twiggs fitness.

Not sure what he'll do this season, but id imagine it'll be 2 up front with the players he signed.

Mannus

Sully - Sivves - Murray - Stevens

McCabe - Ricer - O'Donnel - Billy

Twigg - Kilduff/Shepard

I wouldnt be suprised at another CM + LB as backup, obviously a defender (Fingers crossed for Gartland) and maybe another striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

CiaranC wrote: »
    Jesus from number one for the biggest club in the country to the arsehole of Sligo, what a fall from grace

May very well be picking up a league winners medal in that arsehole at the end of this season.

Average keeper at best. Horrendous on crosses and a bit windy.

bohsboy wrote: »
    May very well be picking up a league winners medal in that arsehole at the end of this season.
    Rovers vs Sligo league record, last two seasons:

Played 8 - Won 6, Drawn 2, Lost 0

With a stronger, more experienced, better bonded squad this year I wouldnt be too worried about Sligo Rovers tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Better bonded squad? We've only two players that weren't here last year.
    Stronger squad possibly, stronger first eleven I doubt. We've a nice bit of experience in there too now.

That 'unbeaten record' will be gone second game this season, barring ye bringing your own referee again.

Edit: Think I may have misread your post actually, that last line wasn't comparing the clubs was it?

• Advertisement

With a stronger, more experienced, better bonded squad this year I wouldnt be too worried about Sligo Rovers tbh.

Wow....hope you keep that attitude up. Sligo were by far the most impressive team for the second part of last season. Best football played by far.

I reckon they'll push Derry all the way and should do it.

Wow....hope you keep that attitude up. Sligo were by far the most impressive team for the second part of last season. Best football played by far
    I reckon they'll push Derry all the way and should do it.
    Id be delighted to lay a derry-sligo straight forecast if you'd like to put your money where your mouth is?

Id be delighted to lay a derry-sligo straight forecast if you'd like to put your money where your mouth is?

Sligo - Derry

Whats odds you giving?

Ill make up a book in the morning bohsboy

You might want to bear in mind that you track record on predicting league titles on here isn't the best ;)

You might want to bear in mind that you track record on predicting league titles on here isn't the best ;)

Well with all due respect you would have put your mortgage on us too at that stage. :)

Anyway, get back to me sharpish regarding the bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Lets up the ante here. If its a Sligo Derry 1-2 in the league Ciaran you have to cough up. I assuming it will be as bohsboy (despite his record on here) is quite confident of that. If not and any other combination comes up bohsboy you have to take all regular contributers to the loi threads out for drinks and the tab is on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

iregk wrote: »
    Lets up the ante here. If its a Sligo Derry 1-2 in the league Ciaran you have to cough up. I assuming it will be as bohsboy (despite his record on here) is quite confident of that. If not and any other combination comes up bohsboy you have to take all regular contributers to the loi threads out for drinks and the tab is on you.
    Sure he can just ask John Delaney to pick up the tab:pac:

iregk wrote: »

:)
    Eh.........Id rather just gamble my tenner if its all the same with you.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jaysis Barry, where did it all go wrong... Freefall.
    stovelid wrote: »
    Poor old Baz.
    You'd swear he wasn't signing for the team finished a few points behind you and beat you to the FAI cup.

But I suppose if you're not playing for Rovers it's not worth playing football in Ireland.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's only nine months to the end of a season that hasn't even started.

What could possibly go wrong. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You'd swear he wasn't signing for the team finished a few points behind you and beat you to the FAI cup.

But I suppose if you're not playing for Rovers it's not worth playing football in Ireland.

My poor old Baz comment was to do with him thinking part-time terms (and indeed professional behaviour) were beneath him and sneaking off to get the moolah elsewhere but it ending in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Dundalk have signed left back Eoghan Osborne from Drogheda Utd on amateur terms. Didn't take our new assistant Darius Kierans long to get a defection. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Pure_Cork wrote: »

Vinny is experienced and will do well next year I'm sure while it's good to see Holland come through the ranks as it were - good additions!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Vinny is experienced and will do well next year I'm sure while it's good to see Holland come through the ranks as it were - good additions!

Yeah, Vinny got a goal today against Cobh in the friendly, very happy to have him back at the club. There'll be a few more lads from the youths joining the first team too.

Not only that - if you're not supporting Rovers, it's not worth following football in Ireland either.:cool:

dfx- wrote: »
    Not only that - if you're not supporting Rovers, it's not worth following football in Ireland either.:cool:

I know Rovers are after winning the cup double, qualifying for Europe, playing the best football in the country last season, but there's no need to exaggerate like that.

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    I know Rovers are after winning the cup double, qualifying for Europe, playing the best football in the country last season, but there's no need to exaggerate like that.

Where can I look up the "best football in the country" league table?

Where can I look up the "best football in the country" league table?

Sligo's season can be summed up by a quote on foot.ie
    Congratulations, of all the teams who had no chance of winning the league, you were the best

• Advertisement

Watched Finn Harps play Sligo Rovers today in Ballybofey. Sligo had seven Koreans out as trialists, two of which were very impressive. An impressive first string eleven was replaced at half time by an even stronger second team with Mc Guinness at the back and Kirby in midfield.

Very very impressed with Sligo, massive squad with some scramble for places this year ahead.

Harps had a very young squad but worked very hard. They could possibly do with an older head in midfield to put a foot on the ball.

Any move on that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Watched Finn Harps play Sligo Rovers today in Ballybofey. Sligo had seven Koreans out as trialists, two of which were very impressive. An impressive first string eleven was replaced at half time by an even stronger second team with Mc Guinness at the back and Kirby in midfield.

Very very impressed with Sligo, massive squad with some scramble for places this year ahead.

Harps had a very young squad but worked very hard. They could possibly do with an older head in midfield to put a foot on the ball.

I did not see you there - not sure i agree about the koreans but time will tell - aaron greene suppossed to sign for us today - is he any good.
    Also conor ogrady to sign for harps today- thanks for the memories conor

Sligored wrote: »
    I did not see you there - not sure i agree about the koreans but time will tell - aaron greene suppossed to sign for us today - is he any good.
    Also conor ogrady to sign for harps today- thanks for the memories conor

Yeah, i was at Finn Park until somebody told me it had been moved. The Korean at left full was very impressive in the first half, always willing to move up and overlap. The central defender was solid enough. Could be useful backup. Some tasty challenges thrown in by them. How did it finish? I left at 1-0 to Harps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Yeah, i was at Finn Park until somebody told me it had been moved. The Korean at left full was very impressive in the first half, always willing to move up and overlap. The central defender was solid enough. Could be useful backup. Some tasty challenges thrown in by them. How did it finish? I left at 1-0 to Harps.
    1-1 keane with the equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Slightly off topic but I understand that Cork are back using the CCFC name now this season, I'm just wondering have they gotten the FAI to transfer the history of the old club over to the new supporters club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Slightly off topic but I understand that Cork are back using the CCFC name now this season, I'm just wondering have they gotten the FAI to transfer the history of the old club over to the new supporters club?

Info@fai.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

go back a few pages people were going on about it..

That was all sorted last June but we couldn't change the name back in the middle of the season. http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/06/01/its-in-the-right-hands/

No, but no-one can deny that Rovers to Bohs to Sligo in less than a year is a regression.

Odds on he will finish second three years on the bounce. Should be the title of his memoirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

They bought the name and crest but that's it.

The FAI do not recognise the new Derry City as having any claim on the old Derry City. Ditto for Limerick and Cork's latest franchises.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/electric-launch-to-new-season-2082480.html
    In the First Division section of the newly branded Airtricity League, the competitors from Cork and Derry are paired together.

The boxes for their 10-year record are completely blank, a stark reminder of all that has been wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

No, but no-one can deny that Rovers to Bohs to Sligo in less than a year is a regression.

Odds on he will finish second three years on the bounce. Should be the title of his memoirs
    Getting a title by warming the bench mightn't have been his plan however.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Two fresh rumours doing the rounds.

Stephen Rice to Bohs and Anto Murphy to Shams.

Once again, "rumours" at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How could Bohs pay those sort of players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Wouldnt read much into the Rice rumour but seems he has a job with the FAI so may be willing to take paycut for first team football, our budget will be far smaller than Shels.

Two fresh rumours doing the rounds.

Stephen Rice to Bohs and Anto Murphy to Shams.

Once again, "rumours" at this stage.

:D:D:D

Keep em coming Bohsboy, fantastic stuff...

Garto decided to stay at Falkirk rather than come to Rovers on loan, so Oman looks like a possibility as cover.

Charlie Grant on trial, will play the games against Killarney, Cork and Celtic, and looks like signing.

Anto Murphy is another name doing the rounds, but not sure where he will fit in, we have plenty of cover on the right.

Getting a title by warming the bench mightn't have been his plan however.

Well he started out as Rovers number one, had his little tantrum and is now off to the Sligs. If he hadn't decided that he was too good to get coaching from a former EPL keeper his career would be going forwards, not backwards.

Keep em coming Bohsboy, fantastic stuff...

You heard it here first.

You heard it here first.

What?

That a club odds on going to be playing in the 1st division have lured a key player at the champions facing into a CL campaign back to a club he despises after a previous stint, for a pay cut he probably won't even be paid?

I assume you don't mind me being sceptical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What?

That a club odds on going to be playing in the 1st division have lured a key player at the champions facing into a CL campaign back to a club he despises after a previous stint, for a pay cut he probably won't even be paid?

I assume you don't mind me being sceptical
    I don't think you really believe that Bohs are odds on to be playing in the First Division. There is defo only an outside chance of that happening.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement