Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

frantic190 wrote: »
    Will there be a LOI Predictions League again this season?
    Hopefully, enjoyed last years one

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Make up my mind what? The only connection to military or airforce I can think of in Irish football is Her Majesties Bohemians.

I heard a lot of Rovers fans were involved with the Blueshirts myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

bohsman wrote: »
    I heard a lot of Rovers fans were involved with the Blueshirts myself.

But you see, you just made that up.

Wheras Bohs WERE founded by the British Army, DID play British military sides through the troubles and DO have a linkup with the Linfield F Section, who as we all know are linked to Loyalist paramilitaries.

False.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Who cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Is it anything to do with the Biggles club? You know, the Dublin club founded by the British army batallion that shot the 16 leaders and broke the strikes in 1913? Played the RAF in a friendly during the troubles and have a fan link up with Linfield? That them?

:) Hook, line and sinker.

Get back to your Airfix model of The Square. Maybe get an adult to help you.

What score was that match against the RAF just out of curiosity? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Wheras Bohs WERE founded by the British Army, DID play British military sides through the troubles and DO have a linkup with the Linfield F Section, who as we all know are linked to Loyalist paramilitaries.

I've seen Shamrock fans with tricolours, one-third of which represents the unionist the community.

O-M-G, you DOBs!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Fairly quiet in here of late.. no scandal? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Would say most signings are done? Maybe time for a squads thread.

We can start our first LOI weekend threads on Friday. Happy days. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Pats lack of a striker is going to hurt them.
    Not as much as Bohs’ lack of adult players will hurt them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

We signed Ian Daly today :)

djpbarry wrote: »
    Not as much as Bohs’ lack of adult players will hurt them.

We have too many adult players unfortunately. Brennan and Cahill confirmed.

Fairly quiet in here of late.. no scandal? :eek:

Heard a lot of people stepped down of the board at Sligo.

Don't think it was mentioned here.

Of course they all stepped down while things were going well and there was nothing untoward going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Zebra3 wrote: »

Of course they all stepped down while things were going well and there was nothing untoward going on behind the scenes.
    3 is hardly a lot one of which was the chariman due to his geographical location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Please tell me you dont believe this?

:pac:

Btw they are called Section F;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Some people on here are obsessed with untoward things going on at sligo rovers - back it up or shut the f**k up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sligored wrote: »
    Some people on here are obsessed with untoward things going on at sligo rovers - back it up or shut the f**k up.

p_1912542.jpg

CiaranC, ffs. Are you not capable of a debate? Its all sly digs and insults in the form of pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Firstly, this is a rumours thread. Zebra stated a rumour, and one of your fans backed the rumour up as true. The conotations associated with it are for people to make up themselves.
    3 is hardly a lot one of which was the chariman due to his geographical location.

3 is considerable for the majority of boards in football and in other business. Perhaps it was due to impending elections, and 3 merely stated they are not running or due to not wanting to get in trouble for malicious business practices........ Yes, its a rumour thread and I assume thats what Zebra was insinuating.

• Advertisement

Where in the title does it say 'Baseless Rumours,'? If people are going to post crap about clubs, they could at least state their source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

We have too many adult players unfortunately. Brennan and Cahill confirmed.

Bye bye Bohs. Absolutely mental carry on in Phibsboro.

If shamrock rovers were half as interested in sorting out their moronic fans who invade the pitch and cause trouble at practically every away ground they visit, they would not have time to worry about not getting numbered tickets entering the showgrounds.
    They will be glad to know that we will be issuing numbered tickets this year - however i dont hold out much hope for the hooplums sorting out the morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If shamrock rovers were half as interested in sorting out their moronic fans who invade the pitch and cause trouble at practically every away ground they visit, they would not have time to worry about not getting numbered tickets entering the showgrounds.
    They will be glad to know that we will be issuing numbered tickets this year - however i dont hold out much hope for the hooplums sorting out the morons.

You done us out of money. That doesn't change. Glad to hear the situation will be rectified this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

stovelid wrote: »
    You done us out of money. That doesn't change. Glad to hear the situation will be rectified this year.

Doesen't look like its done you much harm the amount of players ye are signing, can't believe ye are still going on about that, so bitter.

edolan wrote: »
    Doesen't look like its done you much harm the amount of players ye are signing, can't believe ye are still going on about that, so bitter.

Bitter my arse. There is a strange tendency amongst Sligs fans not to have the first clue about what is going on behind the scenes at their club. Thats their lookout, but when fans of a multitude of clubs echo the same stories and former players all tell similar tales, its time to take a bit of notice.

We can't ALL be wrong.

You do conceptually understand that if Rovers had pushed the Turner thing or ticket-gate harder, you would have been up shít creek?

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    Please tell me you dont believe this?

:pac:

Btw they are called Section F;)

Beleive what? That the Linfield hooligans were in the Dalyer bars before a Setanta cup game in Dublin and that a Bohs director defended the invite in the national media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

edolan wrote: »
    The LOI is a small organisation, you cannot do what Sligo are doing and expect to keep it a secret.

Thieving money off us is only the tip of the iceberg over there. Its what they are doing with the cash which is really interesting. Ask Aaron Greene.

bohsboy wrote: »
    :) Hook, line and sinker.

Get back to your Airfix model of The Square. Maybe get an adult to help you.

What score was that match against the RAF just out of curiosity? Cheers.

I have still no idea what you are waffling on about. Was a time when Bohs fans had a bit of banter about them. Did you sell the sense of humour twice as well?

It was Bohs in Europe, of course you were humiliated.

CiaranC wrote: »
    The LOI is a small organisation, you cannot do what Sligo are doing and expect to keep it a secret.

Thieving money off us is only the tip of the iceberg over there. Its what they are doing with the cash which is really interesting. Ask Aaron Greene.

Can we change the title of this thread to "shams fans posting baseless rumours"
    or would you like to elaborate on the aaron greene issue -

You need to relax.

You sound like you're heading for a heart attack and the league hasn't even started yet. :D

I know for a fact that people have resigned off the board at Sligo Rovers. Are you saying this is untrue?

And remember just because you have access to your club's accounts at an AGM doesn't mean there's not stuff going on that you don't know about.

Take a look at what happened at the old Derry City at the end of 2009. Even the FAI didn't know what was going on until one of their players told them.

People walking away from their club as it gears up for potentially their biggest season in years sounds dodgy. And I have no reason to hope for problems at Sligo as I'd much rather see them win the league this season than any Dublin side.

• Advertisement

This thread has gone to the dogs. Eventually it turns into a Rovers/Sligo/Bohs argument.

It's gone beyond ****ing annoying at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Beleive what? That the Linfield hooligans were in the Dalyer bars before a Setanta cup game in Dublin and that a Bohs director defended the invite in the national media?

Believe me money is money no matter who they are but still doesnt mean there is any linkup between the fans or casuals!!!

This thread has gone to the dogs. Eventually it turns into a Rovers/Sligo/Bohs argument.

It's gone beyond ****ing annoying at this stage

Pat's are crap and wear silly striped shirts (there you're not feeling left out any more ;) )

doncarlos wrote: »
    Pat's are crap and wear silly striped shirts (there you're not feeling left out any more ;) )

Don't know where you got striped shirts from. But now I feel included :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

You need to relax.

You sound like you're heading for a heart attack and the league hasn't even started yet. :D

I know for a fact that people have resigned off the board at Sligo Rovers. Are you saying this is untrue?

And remember just because you have access to your club's accounts at an AGM doesn't mean there's not stuff going on that you don't know about.

Take a look at what happened at the old Derry City at the end of 2009. Even the FAI didn't know what was going on until one of their players told them.

People walking away from their club as it gears up for potentially their biggest season in years sounds dodgy. And I have no reason to hope for problems at Sligo as I'd much rather see them win the league this season than any Dublin side.
    look back to my post where i answered this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wasn't a convicted hooligan a board member at Rovers not too long ago?

You need to relax.

http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1102-kelly-calls-for-more-help-with-club

heres a report from our agm - now if you find any of this to be dodgy, you might enlighten us.

I dont want to fill this thread with stupid arguments but the continual drivel about dodgy going-ons at sligo rovers is pathetic, and without substance.

Rant Over

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

doncarlos wrote: »
    Pat's are crap and wear silly striped shirts

not as silly as the big green blob on them before - and of course 10-0 defeat to the Moldovans (never miss a chance)

Don't worry the weekend threads will be filled by Shels v Cork again soon. Though Rovers are due in Sligo early enough in the season from memory..

Wasn't a convicted hooligan a board member at Rovers not too long ago?

No. Although a Rovers director was given a small fine and a caution for a minor public order offence. He was hit with a section 8 when trying to talk to the Gardaí in Limerick.

Were Shels not owned by a convicted gangster a few years ago?

We can play this game all day.

dfx- wrote: »
    not as silly as the big green blob on them before

Could be worse, could be a giant screw :o

• Advertisement

No. Although a Rovers director was given a small fine and a caution for a minor public order offence. He was hit with a section 8 when trying to talk to the Gardaí in Limerick.

Little bit more than a minor incident for the "instigator" of the trouble.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20060723/ai_n16667559/

or for this clown

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/shamrock-rovers-player--took-part-in-armed-gangs-raid-on-city-cinema-359148.html

or for this fine citizen

http://www.attackingsoccer.com/2010/07/shamrock-rovers-coach-busted-for-cocaine/

The model club indeed.

I have still no idea what you are waffling on about. Was a time when Bohs fans had a bit of banter about them. Did you sell the sense of humour twice as well?

It was Bohs in Europe, of course you were humiliated.

Airfix, what score was it I asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Linfield Dundalk Game

I usually don't post on boards about LoI but I was at this game last night and thought some of the reports were bias regarding some trouble. For example the BBC website said:

"A small but vocal section of Dundalk supporters did appear to direct pro-IRA chants at Linfield fans in the first half and tempers appeared to flare on the terraces early in the second half before the Garda quickly intervened."

It doesn't mention that the trouble in the terraces were Linfield supporters throwing stones and bottles towards the stand which was generally full with the more mature Dundalk fans. The Belfast Telegraph report also mentions the Dundalk banners but there is no reference to the trouble with the Linfield fans. There was also little mention down here regarding the bad behaviour of the Northern Irish fans after the Scottish game in the Nations Cup. It will be interesting to see how things go in May when RoI plays NI.

look back to my post where i answered this!

My post was aimed at sligored not you.

That's why I quoted his post. :rolleyes:

My post was aimed at sligored not you.

That's why I quoted his post. :rolleyes:

i answered you as well - see post 1938 on this thread if you dont believe me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

mal1 wrote: »
    Linfield Dundalk Game

I usually don't post on boards about LoI but I was at this game last night and thought some of the reports were bias regarding some trouble. For example the BBC website said:

"A small but vocal section of Dundalk supporters did appear to direct pro-IRA chants at Linfield fans in the first half and tempers appeared to flare on the terraces early in the second half before the Garda quickly intervened."

It doesn't mention that the trouble in the terraces were Linfield supporters throwing stones and bottles towards the stand which was generally full with the more mature Dundalk fans. The Belfast Telegraph report also mentions the Dundalk banners but there is no reference to the trouble with the Linfield fans. There was also little mention down here regarding the bad behaviour of the Northern Irish fans after the Scottish game in the Nations Cup. It will be interesting to see how things go in May when RoI plays NI.
    I heard the dundalk fans burned a union jack!

dfx- wrote: »
    not as silly as the big green blob on them before - and of course 10-0 defeat to the Moldovans (never miss a chance)

Just as bad as getting relegated by Dublin City tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Were Shels not owned by a convicted gangster a few years ago?

We can play this game all day.

Convicted?

Yup, you can pick and choose, I can pick and choose, sure we can all pick and choose the highlights of things.

You need to relax.

One left because he lives in Dublin, another has been in the commitee for a long time (can't actually tell you how long) and probably felt the time was right to leave and get in some new blood, third person is old and like the second probably felt new people with new ideas would be best. Two new people have since came in.

• Advertisement

Bitter my arse. There is a strange tendency amongst Sligs fans not to have the first clue about what is going on behind the scenes at their club. Thats their lookout, but when fans of a multitude of clubs echo the same stories and former players all tell similar tales, its time to take a bit of notice.

We can't ALL be wrong.

You do conceptually understand that if Rovers had pushed the Turner thing or ticket-gate harder, you would have been up shít creek?

The whole Turner thing went to court don't see how you could have pushed it harder, besides wouldn't listen to anything that liar Turner says the man is quite clearly a c#nt. I think you should look more closely at how your club is being ran rather than commenting on how other clubs are runned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement